Notices
Like Tree12Likes

NJ to FL Trailering Need Input

Old 06-20-2018, 05:08 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mount Royal NJ
Posts: 187
Default NJ to FL Trailering Need Input

Trailering my 26’ from NJ to West Palm. Looking for a good hotel with parking and secure off of 95 just south of the Jacksonville area. I know it’s a shot in the dark, but anyone that could recommend an exit that has had a good experience with a particular area would be great. I know there are a few haulers on here that make the route on a regular basis. Any insight is greatly appreciated!!
Tangled Online is offline  
Old 06-20-2018, 01:54 PM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Palm
Posts: 5,765
Default

Titusville Hampton Inn exit 226.
cajflynn is offline  
Old 06-20-2018, 02:06 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mount Royal NJ
Posts: 187
Default

Originally Posted by cajflynn View Post
Titusville Hampton Inn exit 226.
Thank you!
Tangled Online is offline  
Old 06-20-2018, 03:07 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NW NJ & Ft Pierce
Posts: 1,069
Default

I stay in the Holiday Inn in Brunswick Ga. exit 38 nice place great restaurant seems like a safe area.
I do the trip back and forth a lot and I never had an issue anywhere in NC SC or Ga. only really crappy places I stayed in were around DC.
I never stop anymore if I am north of Richmond I would rather keep going.
Tangled Online likes this.
Nautibouys II is offline  
Old 06-20-2018, 03:39 PM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: St Augustine, FL
Posts: 504
Default

There are a few hotels around the St. Augustine outlets, plenty of room for a trailer.
Tangled Online likes this.
Weber is offline  
Old 06-20-2018, 05:27 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mount Royal NJ
Posts: 187
Default

Originally Posted by Nautibouys II View Post
I stay in the Holiday Inn in Brunswick Ga. exit 38 nice place great restaurant seems like a safe area.
I do the trip back and forth a lot and I never had an issue anywhere in NC SC or Ga. only really crappy places I stayed in were around DC.
I never stop anymore if I am north of Richmond I would rather keep going.
Thank You!
Tangled Online is offline  
Old 06-20-2018, 05:27 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mount Royal NJ
Posts: 187
Default

Originally Posted by Weber View Post
There are a few hotels around the St. Augustine outlets, plenty of room for a trailer.
I was actually just seaching that area.... Thx!
Tangled Online is offline  
Old 06-20-2018, 05:45 PM
  #8  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location:
Posts: 1,658
Default

Google Earth is your friend here....
Jaizzen is offline  
Old 06-20-2018, 05:48 PM
  #9  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 24
Default

Damn that’s a Pond a.. trip. See ya down there
Mikesmith34 is offline  
Old 06-20-2018, 05:49 PM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 16,831
Default

I can't help... but for that trip, I stop in Santee, SC. The Best Western is where I parked. Boat was perfect when I woke up.
Tangled Online likes this.
OldPete is offline  
Old 06-20-2018, 06:12 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mount Royal NJ
Posts: 187
Default

Originally Posted by Mikesmith34 View Post
Damn that’s a Pond a.. trip. See ya down there
Yes it is, damn excited....see you there!
Tangled Online is offline  
Old 06-20-2018, 07:55 PM
  #12  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Palm
Posts: 5,765
Default

I never stop anymore if I am north of Richmond I would rather keep going.
Exit 130a in Va has a Hampton Inn and a Hilton garden inn with great parking. Lots of restaurants near by.
cajflynn is offline  
Old 06-20-2018, 07:56 PM
  #13  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Palm
Posts: 5,765
Default

Originally Posted by Weber View Post
There are a few hotels around the St. Augustine outlets, plenty of room for a trailer.
The hotel with space aren't very nice hotels. The Hampton is super tight there. I'm not a fan of that exit.
Tangled Online likes this.
cajflynn is offline  
Old 06-20-2018, 08:19 PM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 702
Default

Originally Posted by OldPete View Post
I can't help... but for that trip, I stop in Santee, SC. The Best Western is where I parked. Boat was perfect when I woke up.
The best Western in Santee it's a hot tip, it also has a good steakhouse, one of my favorite stops on that route, or check out beckys log cabin cheap rooms good food
Tangled Online likes this.
ebert is offline  
Old 06-20-2018, 08:24 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Posts: 2,246
Default

We just sleep aboard in Walmart lots.
https://www.rvparky.com/
Tangled Online likes this.
jeffnick is offline  
Old 06-21-2018, 01:55 AM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NW NJ & Ft Pierce
Posts: 1,069
Default

Originally Posted by jeffnick View Post
We just sleep aboard in Walmart lots.
https://www.rvparky.com/
Tangled Online likes this.
Nautibouys II is offline  
Old 06-21-2018, 08:17 AM
  #17  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 15
Default

There is a St. Augustine Hotel & Suites (Exit 223) one exit north of the Outlet Mall exit, I have never stayed there, but live in the area and I would feel a lot more comfortable with my rig at this exit than the Outlet Malls, the two areas are like night and day. In addition, there is a decent Seafood Restaurant right around the corner, and a good sized Gate gas station on the same exit.
H2OFan is offline  
Old 06-21-2018, 09:09 AM
  #18  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mount Royal NJ
Posts: 187
Default

Originally Posted by H2OFan View Post
There is a St. Augustine Hotel & Suites (Exit 223) one exit north of the Outlet Mall exit, I have never stayed there, but live in the area and I would feel a lot more comfortable with my rig at this exit than the Outlet Malls, the two areas are like night and day. In addition, there is a decent Seafood Restaurant right around the corner, and a good sized Gate gas station on the same exit.
Awesome! Thanks for the Great imput! I'll check it out, the safer the better!! Whats the name of the restaurant??
Tangled Online is offline  
Old 06-21-2018, 12:23 PM
  #19  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 15
Default

It is St. Mary's Seafood and More, you have to go right past it to get to the hotel. You could actually walk there, it is only a 1/4 mile from the hotel.
H2OFan is offline  
Old 06-21-2018, 12:30 PM
  #20  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 16,831
Default

Originally Posted by ebert View Post
The best Western in Santee it's a hot tip, it also has a good steakhouse, one of my favorite stops on that route, or check out beckys log cabin cheap rooms good food
Yup. I haven't found anything better dollar-for-dollar. No fancy, but always clean, safe, and easy on/off.
OldPete is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread