Notices

Sebastian Inlet fishing thread

Old 12-31-2017, 01:52 PM
  #1  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: East Central Florida
Posts: 280
Likes: 0
Received 168 Likes on 110 Posts
Default Sebastian Inlet fishing thread

Might as well have one for Sebastian Inlet Too.
Yesterday I decided to leave the boat at the house and walk the rocks on the south side
for flounder, I feel like I fished every inch of the south side west of the A1A bridge with
mud minnows, maybe two hits total and only seen 3 small flounder caught.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:10 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 712
Received 93 Likes on 64 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by saltyreefer View Post
Might as well have one for Sebastian Inlet Too.
Yesterday I decided to leave the boat at the house and walk the rocks on the south side
for flounder, I feel like I fished every inch of the south side west of the A1A bridge with
mud minnows, maybe two hits total and only seen 3 small flounder caught.
What are the best months for Mahi an black fin. Outa here?
Old 01-01-2018, 02:23 PM
  #3  
Senior Member Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Adirondacks, NY/Palm Beach
Posts: 5,401
Likes: 0
Received 191 Likes on 107 Posts
Default

Blackfin.... March, April, May, June. Biggest in March
Dolphin... April - Oct
Old 01-01-2018, 02:54 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 712
Received 93 Likes on 64 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ThreeLittleFish View Post
Blackfin.... March, April, May, June. Biggest in March
Dolphin... April - Oct
What do the black fin like to bite on? Same meat like a yellow?
Old 01-01-2018, 05:05 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location:
Posts: 4,198
Likes: 0
Received 1,633 Likes on 883 Posts
Default

How many Blackfin and Dolphin were caught at Sebastian Inlet this year? Are we talking fish or the make of boats the jetty casters snagged
Old 01-01-2018, 07:09 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 712
Received 93 Likes on 64 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by FishnDive View Post
How many Blackfin and Dolphin were caught at Sebastian Inlet this year? Are we talking fish or the make of boats the jetty casters snagged
Funny but true. I'm thinking 18 miles out. The will close it down again
Old 06-05-2018, 07:45 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 700
Received 324 Likes on 141 Posts
Default

Nobody fishes in or out of Sebastian? I heard it had some of the best snook fishing on FL? How about some near shore reports?
Old 06-06-2018, 08:30 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Edgewater, FL
Posts: 311
Received 120 Likes on 69 Posts
Default

I'm looking at trailering down from Edgewater to try running to the stream. It's a shorter run than going out of Ponce inlet. No recent reports?
Old 06-06-2018, 05:12 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: palm bay, fl
Posts: 287
Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts
Default

Slow. trolled from the edge in 240 to 1200 on saturday and ended up with one peanut dolphin in 750.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:40 PM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Sebastian Inlet
Posts: 133
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by clamc View Post
Slow. trolled from the edge in 240 to 1200 on saturday and ended up with one peanut dolphin in 750.
This...minus the peanut dolphin.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:15 PM
  #11  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 40
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default

Subbed.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:44 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Merritt Island
Posts: 1,213
Received 915 Likes on 292 Posts
Default

I live and fish out of Cape Canaveral.
Thinking about camping out at Long Point for 9 days toward the end of July.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:12 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 224
Likes: 0
Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts
Default


Couldn’t line up dive buddies for Sunday so gave trolling a try (first time, I typically spear). I chalk this up to beginners luck. This is the only one that made it into the box 35” to the fork. Had another one spit out the hook on a jump which was like watching slow motion follow by obscenities Ha! Also got a couple of false albacore and barracuda.

So question: I got one hit that made my TDL 25 scream. It was still pulling strong as I eased the drag up to max. I was starting to get spoiled so I made the mistake of leaving the rod in the holder and dropping the throttle by a mile n hour to attempt to gain some line back. In that 2 secs it spit the hook. Any ideas of what hits like that? I was in just shy of 100’ all day.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:23 AM
  #14  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 2,182
Received 794 Likes on 420 Posts
Default

Big wahoo?
Likes:
Old 06-11-2018, 12:30 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 700
Received 324 Likes on 141 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by cheetah chrome View Post

Couldn’t line up dive buddies for Sunday so gave trolling a try (first time, I typically spear). I chalk this up to beginners luck. This is the only one that made it into the box 35” to the fork. Had another one spit out the hook on a jump which was like watching slow motion follow by obscenities Ha! Also got a couple of false albacore and barracuda.

So question: I got one hit that made my TDL 25 scream. It was still pulling strong as I eased the drag up to max. I was starting to get spoiled so I made the mistake of leaving the rod in the holder and dropping the throttle by a mile n hour to attempt to gain some line back. In that 2 secs it spit the hook. Any ideas of what hits like that? I was in just shy of 100’ all day.
That’s what I am talking about. Flying out today after a long weekend checking out real estate. Wish I had been down to fish because every morning it has been lake Atlantic. I see on the the charts there are a few wrecks 15-20 miles out of SI where it drops off to 100’ or so. Do these areas hold fish?
Old 06-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 224
Likes: 0
Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by acme54321 View Post
Big wahoo?
After todays trip and at the depth I was at, I am thinking it was a big king. Left the dock at 5:30am to go get that white whale that almost spooled me w a heavier rod n reel (old penn senator star drive). I got this king below and he was able to pull at max drive on my TLD25. No mahi, just a bunch of cudas.


Old 06-13-2018, 05:15 PM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 224
Likes: 0
Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts
Default

Outdoorzdude,
The area holds fish...read the Canaveral thread, they cover Sebastian Inlet as well and people are putting some impressive fish in the box.
Good luck w the house hunting!
Old 06-14-2018, 02:33 AM
  #18  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 35
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

I fish in around and outta SI. It’s my preferred inlet as I live in Palm Bay. Will be headed east to the stream Friday, Saturday and Sunday as the weather looks good. If anyone’s out ten eighteen is the boat name I’ll be on 68.
Old 07-02-2018, 05:15 AM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 224
Likes: 0
Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts
Default

Two more mahi in the box Sunday. Had a 3rd that was right at the 20” mark but sent it back to be caught another day. A 28” king and my first vermillion snapper went on ice as well. Handful of other by catch (false albacore and stinky ass cudas) emptied my bag of ballyhoo. Went back to the near shore reefs to cool off and shoot a fish or two but the vis was shutdown.

Old 07-08-2018, 02:54 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 224
Likes: 0
Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts
Default


Short trip today: one hit, one king in 90’. Tons of flying fish and grass in the 60’ area. I tried to troll it figuring something would be eating them but just ended up cleaning a lot of weeds off my baits. Nice day out.
Likes:

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.