The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

Go Back   >
Search


Like Tree44Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-10-2017, 08:53 PM   #61
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloew View Post
Yes what really pissed me and my wife off was how her co-workers treated her, it was almost like they were pissed at her for being so friendly with everyone. I have to wonder how they feel now.
Mike,

Don't know you from Adam or many folks on here.

There are, and still are those that don't look at every soul that come to the keys as some type of bug. "Maria"

Those souls chose the life style that live there and actually work there every day do so at there free will. Most, that actually work there have to work much harder and endure less than stellar conditions and living quarters. That is the price you pay for being there for the most part as a worker and not a visitor/vacationer.

How many on this forum that own homes there are actually providing services? Run a Business, other than a rental property? Sure to catch hell over this question but it is a real one that needs to be thought through. The rentals that many own are very important to drive the local economy for sure. The problem is most of the rentals owners do not need the income to pay the bills or put food the the family table. Something about this conch chowder no matter how good it tastes now may need a new recipe.

There are a lot of folks that live in the Keys, that don't own boats, nice homes and only show up when the weather is good and the money is flowing and the weather sucks up north.

I fear the work force issue that was bad is going to get worse. Monroe County will have to address that or the Keys as we know it will become another 100 mile long paradise not affordable to the the folks that save all year long for their one week vacation.
caper and mikeloew like this.
20biminitwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:59 AM   #62
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Key West
Posts: 9,898
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastsandman View Post
With flying monkeys, a movie star, a professor, and a coconut
whose name escapes me.
WILSON!!!!

Name:  tenor.gif
Views: 621
Size:  549.2 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20biminitwist View Post

How many on this forum that own homes there are actually providing services? Run a Business, other than a rental property?


I own a home, but don't run a business. Just a regular ol' working stiff. Do I count?
coores14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:56 AM   #63
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coores14 View Post
WILSON!!!!

Attachment 1000454





I own a home, but don't run a business. Just a regular ol' working stiff. Do I count?
You count cause you have a nice boat.
20biminitwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:08 AM   #64
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 667
Default

The higher numbers sound more plausible than the BS fed to the sheep with blinders by Sheriff Andy and Governor Dopey. The freezer trucks mentioned were a fact, but maybe the herd believes they were headed south to save the chum.
Coronao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:21 AM   #65
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Newport, RI & Key West, FL
Posts: 3,737
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coronao View Post
The higher numbers sound more plausible than the BS fed to the sheep with blinders by Sheriff Andy and Governor Dopey. The freezer trucks mentioned were a fact, but maybe the herd believes they were headed south to save the chum.
really?

Another one with ideas but no PROOF....again, show us some proof instead of more assumptions that sound like it comes from a tin foil hat wearing fool.

Or.....explain how you think the gov't hid all those dead bodies from the 1000's of people down there that did not evacuate, people who know the islands a hell of a lot better than the gov't folks sent in with those freezer trucks..

Do you really think no one would of snapped some photos with the dead people? Heck, our sheriff posed with one of the dead just as the storm came to the keys seen here:

Name:  1-Brave-Florida-police-risk-their-life-as-Hurricane-Irma-approaches-to-do-incredible-act-of-comp.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  42.1 KB
Attached Images
 
Trayder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:23 AM   #66
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Key West
Posts: 9,898
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20biminitwist View Post
You count cause you have a nice boat.
coores14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:25 AM   #67
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Newport, RI & Key West, FL
Posts: 3,737
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coores14 View Post
And your services are hard to beat...


































reel repair you dirt bag.
Trayder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:31 AM   #68
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Key West
Posts: 9,898
Default

I'd love to get a number of how many pounds of ice were being delivered to the keys on a daily basis for at least two weeks straight. Just the amount I saw being unloaded daily here at the key west drop off points was mind blowing. And then the disaster center at Sugarloaf school, and then up in Big Pine there were countless disaster relief organizations all cooking food and handing out ice and water....

I may be wrong on this, but ice is frozen water. And in order to get from the mainland to key west via truck, it needs to remain frozen. Ergo, freezer trucks entering and leaving the keys 24/7 for weeks.

but yeah, they were totally for all of the dead bodies.
coores14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:39 AM   #69
CJS
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Adrift
Posts: 5,810
Default

The same people that engineered the fake moon landings are responsible for the
cover up of the 1,000's of dead from the hurricanes. I saw it on the internet so it
must be true.

On a brighter note, I am hoping to make it down in the Spring for the annual trip with Dad. He's
getting kind of long in the tooth so this may be our last chance.
Trayder likes this.

Last edited by CJS; 10-12-2017 at 02:52 AM.
CJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:39 AM   #70
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Atlanta / Islamorada
Posts: 997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coores14 View Post
I'd love to get a number of how many pounds of ice were being delivered to the keys on a daily basis for at least two weeks straight. Just the amount I saw being unloaded daily here at the key west drop off points was mind blowing. And then the disaster center at Sugarloaf school, and then up in Big Pine there were countless disaster relief organizations all cooking food and handing out ice and water....

I may be wrong on this, but ice is frozen water. And in order to get from the mainland to key west via truck, it needs to remain frozen. Ergo, freezer trucks entering and leaving the keys 24/7 for weeks.

but yeah, they were totally for all of the dead bodies.
You're missing the point. They were delivering ice but removing dead bodies. Why can't you guys understand?
ChannelTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:56 AM   #71
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Key West
Posts: 9,898
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChannelTwo View Post
You're missing the point. They were delivering ice but removing dead bodies. Why can't you guys understand?
of course! how could I miss such an obvious plot?!! foiled again...
coores14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:06 PM   #72
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Texas Proud
Posts: 4,377
Default

Ice down - weed back
Trayder likes this.
ono loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:13 PM   #73
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Big Pine Key,
Posts: 938
Default

Many more killed in the California Fires than Hurricane Irma.
buddy29766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:29 PM   #74
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 13
Default

The Keys are NOT what they were back in the good ol' days way before annoying tourists, illegals and drunks who are tearing up the reefs as I speak.

Back in the day there good people who cared.

Today, nothing but Alkies, bums, drifters, washed up old whores.
LagoMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:32 AM   #75
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location:
Posts: 3,642
Default

Dude keep it up.
wangotango321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:39 AM   #76
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 10,827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagoMar View Post
The Keys are NOT what they were back in the good ol' days way before annoying tourists, illegals and drunks who are tearing up the reefs as I speak.

Back in the day there good people who cared.

Today, nothing but Alkies, bums, drifters, washed up old whores.
Tha's what brings me down often
ropesfish and AutoPaint like this.
BlueRudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:27 AM   #77
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 139
Default

I heard essentially the same story after Andrew with regards to Homestead. There were "thousands" dead, refrigerator trucks came in and bodies were stacked inside. They dug a huge pit out in the Redlands, backed the trailers up and unhooked them, and pushed the whole trailer in.

If 100 people died in the Keys, everyone in the Keys would know exactly who they were. It's not that big of an island chain. If you live in the Keys, you can't fart in Key Largo without someone in Key West hearing about it.

-E
eli_lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:00 AM   #78
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Texas Proud
Posts: 4,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagoMar View Post
The Keys are NOT what they were back in the good ol' days way before annoying tourists, illegals and drunks who are tearing up the reefs as I speak.

Back in the day there good people who cared.

Today, nothing but Alkies, bums, drifters, washed up old whores.
For some reason I doubt that tourism money is harder on the "reefs" than the old days of predominately commercial fishing and diving.. I could be wrong tho. I know the "good ole days" around here seriously decimated some fish stocks
Trayder and ropesfish like this.
ono loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:19 AM   #79
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Homestead, Fl
Posts: 1,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli_lilly View Post
I heard essentially the same story after Andrew with regards to Homestead. There were "thousands" dead, refrigerator trucks came in and bodies were stacked inside. They dug a huge pit out in the Redlands, backed the trailers up and unhooked them, and pushed the whole trailer in.

If 100 people died in the Keys, everyone in the Keys would know exactly who they were. It's not that big of an island chain. If you live in the Keys, you can't fart in Key Largo without someone in Key West hearing about it.

-E

The Andrew cover up, I saw with my own two eyes. The Keys thing is heresay. As far as what I saw the days after Andrew, ice trucks were delivered during the day with white bags of ice on pallets.
Hard to mistake black body bags hanging vertically in a refrigerated truck with military personnel holding rifles. All done in quarantined areas and all hours of the night after curfew.

Never heard about the hole in the Redlands.

There were three migrant camps down here that housed thousands of migrant workers in shanties. They were practically leveled and they didn't evacuate.

The Gov built them nice new homes after Andrew.

Last edited by humpinit; 10-12-2017 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Spelling
humpinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:12 PM   #80
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by humpinit View Post
The Andrew cover up, I saw with my own two eyes. The Keys thing is heresay. As far as what I saw the days after Andrew, ice trucks were delivered during the day with white bags of ice on pallets.
Hard to mistake black body bags hanging vertically in a refrigerated truck with military personnel holding rifles. All done in quarantined areas and all hours of the night after curfew.

Never heard about the hole in the Redlands.

There were three migrant camps down here that housed thousands of migrant workers in shanties. They were practically leveled and they didn't evacuate.

The Gov built them nice new homes after Andrew.
What's the point of the cover up? To prevent people from finding out about government sponsored illegal laborers?
drewm3i is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:50 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
©2009 TheHullTruth.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.9.3.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.