Notices

Franzen Marine???

Old 08-03-2016, 03:37 PM
  #21  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,111
Default

Originally Posted by omnifish View Post
bought my motor from him. a mint 99 Yamaha 150 vmax. low hours, full harness and oil system. 60 day warranty... Frank was easy going and good to deal with, but the whole operation is run like a " what do you want, give me your money, here's your stuff and get out" kinda deal...
knowing to expect that, and not being a "where's my safe-space" kind of person... I'm totally happy with the motor and have had zero problems with it or them.
A friend of mine who now lives just up Westshore from them gets his motor serviced there seasonally and also has no problems- very reasonable prices... just have cash and know don't waste their time.
Described my experience to the T... he is not looking to be your friend, neither was I... I was looking for a set of engines and installation, and that was exactly what I got.
Never had a problem with his work, he always stood behind whatever he sold me, and went out of his way more than once (he did not have to and he did it for free)
emudryj is offline  
Old 08-03-2016, 06:22 PM
  #22  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 1,738
Default

I'm in Tampa and have never heard anything bad about motors he's sold. Always heard he sells good products at decent prices and does good work. Also heard that there are unicorns and fairies flying around with his service, but if you go into it knowing that, who cares?

He has a huge selection of used outboards, which is rare to get all at one place.
one4uf is offline  
Old 08-03-2016, 07:36 PM
  #23  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Clearwater Fl
Posts: 5,280
Default

Originally Posted by chumiester1 View Post
Anyone saying anything good about him must have caught him on a day when he was medicated.
He doesn't appreciate your business, he can't keep good help and I, along with at least two friends will never go back !!
If you want your day ruined by a toxic character, then by all means go do business with him !!!
If you want him to send you thank you cards and such then he is not your guy. If you need a huge selection and someone who stands behind the stuff he sells then he is the guy. Bought a lower unit from him and the next owner had it blow 1 week before the warranty was over. Brian still honored the warranty. He can be quiet sometimes which can often come off as rude, but the 2 or 3 times I have dealt with him I always left satisfied.

Sorry to hear you didn't have the best experience.
linesider 159 is offline  
Old 08-06-2016, 08:41 AM
  #24  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 11
Default satisfied customer

I repowered with Brian this past year and had him put a jack plate on my parker. His work was superb, timely, inexpensive and very helpful. He even let me use his trailer to bring the boat to and from my marina. Brian is in great demand in the area and is always busy. He is a small mom and pop shop that does a good business. If you are re powering and going to the used market Brian Franzen is the only way to go as he stands by his work at a good price.


I work in the maritime industry and when it comes times to repower again I will be visiting Brian.
tsellers80 is offline  
Old 08-06-2016, 11:05 AM
  #25  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 6
Default

I'm so happy to see that some have had great results with Brian !
Me and two friends, not so much.
His hired help, not so much.
I will pay more to deal with someone who is professional, respectful, and makes things easy for me !
chumiester1 is offline  
Old 08-06-2016, 12:33 PM
  #26  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 12
Default

I bought what I thought was a 2001 225 mercury EFI In March this year . Having some overheating issues and steering leaking . Local mechanic says engines a 95, middle shaft where serial number is from an 01 opti and what appears to be a pretty new lower unit year unknown (to call it a 2001 a little deceptive) For 4K I expected some issues . I got what I paid for . An older Frankenstein engine that runs decent but has some post 90 day warranty Issues . I'm 6k deep total now and seems to be running ok but we will see. I just want 3 or 4 seasons with no more issues lol. As far as his demeanor yes he's a little curt at times and hard to get a hold of but I can handle that . This thing dies in the next few years I'll be very disappointed ..
John.mason555 is offline  
Old 08-06-2016, 12:45 PM
  #27  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Clearwater Fl
Posts: 5,280
Default

Originally Posted by John.mason555 View Post
I bought what I thought was a 2001 225 mercury EFI In March this year . Having some overheating issues and steering leaking . Local mechanic says engines a 95, middle shaft where serial number is from an 01 opti and what appears to be a pretty new lower unit year unknown (to call it a 2001 a little deceptive) For 4K I expected some issues . I got what I paid for . An older Frankenstein engine that runs decent but has some post 90 day warranty Issues . I'm 6k deep total now and seems to be running ok but we will see. I just want 3 or 4 seasons with no more issues lol. As far as his demeanor yes he's a little curt at times and hard to get a hold of but I can handle that . This thing dies in the next few years I'll be very disappointed ..
Did you call and explain your findings?
linesider 159 is offline  
Old 08-06-2016, 01:06 PM
  #28  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 12
Default

Originally Posted by linesider 159 View Post
Did you call and explain your findings?
No I did not call . The couple of issues I have had with motor and the discovery that the engine is a 95 were post 90 day. And I didn't think he'd reply honestly . But if it lasts a few years I'll be marginally satisfied .
John.mason555 is offline  
Old 08-06-2016, 04:00 PM
  #29  
Senior Member
 
crazybeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Tropico
Posts: 5,807
Default

Originally Posted by John.mason555 View Post
No I did not call . The couple of issues I have had with motor and the discovery that the engine is a 95 were post 90 day. And I didn't think he'd reply honestly . But if it lasts a few years I'll be marginally satisfied .
So you gave him no chance to rectify the issue but wanted to complain on the first post you see in search engines?
crazybeard is offline  
Old 08-06-2016, 04:21 PM
  #30  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 2,047
Default

Originally Posted by crazybeard View Post
So you gave him no chance to rectify the issue but wanted to complain on the first post you see in search engines?
Man you guys are tough.......I took it as he was just giving his experience. I am sure I am wrong and will be told why...
Selser is offline  
Old 08-06-2016, 04:35 PM
  #31  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 1,738
Default

You didn't notice the different appearance between a 1995 and 2001? Completely different appearance/cowling/etc.
one4uf is offline  
Old 08-07-2016, 01:53 AM
  #32  
Senior Member
 
crazybeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Tropico
Posts: 5,807
Default

Originally Posted by Selser View Post
Man you guys are tough.......I took it as he was just giving his experience. I am sure I am wrong and will be told why...
I'm not trying to be a jerk. I know I come across harsh many times. it's my award winning personality...

But if someone has a complaint try to work it out first. Give the other party a shot to make it right before airing the laundry.

Mistakes and miscommunication happen. This situation seems more complicated than that but the point is why complain about something you haven't attempted to resolve? It isn't right in my book.

That doesn't mean you're wrong. We're just discussion opinions.
crazybeard is offline  
Old 08-07-2016, 05:01 AM
  #33  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 12
Default

Originally Posted by crazybeard View Post
So you gave him no chance to rectify the issue but wanted to complain on the first post you see in search engines?
Not really complaining about anything just explaining the experience . Relax bud.
John.mason555 is offline  
Old 08-07-2016, 05:06 AM
  #34  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 12
Default

Originally Posted by one4uf View Post
You didn't notice the different appearance between a 1995 and 2001? Completely different appearance/cowling/etc.
Cowl is an EFI cowl with opti emblems lol (but very nice condition). Block and lower unit looks like my other one .
John.mason555 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread