Notices
Florida & Georgia
 Shur Hold Marine

The Official 2021 Bimini Thread

Old 12-31-2020, 09:06 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Miami/Coral Gables, Key Colony Beach (Islamorada, Abaco, GHC, Lucaya)
Posts: 1,777
Received 882 Likes on 487 Posts
Default The Official 2021 Bimini Thread

Well, we are all glad that 2020 is behind us but itís not all going to be great again just because itís January 1, 2021. Interesting to see what Bimini and the Bahamas overall have in store for 2021 once Covid gets under control. Itíll be interesting to see what unfolds at Bimini Cove Resort and Marina as well as continued development at the north end of North Bimini, Cat Cayís impact at Gun Cay, and of course the old standards such as Big Game.

Popular Reply

01-05-2021, 08:21 AM
MiamiJay
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Miami/Coral Gables, Key Colony Beach (Islamorada, Abaco, GHC, Lucaya)
Posts: 1,777
Received 882 Likes on 487 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by deckape View Post
Leave the dog home.
Dog is family ... Iíd much rather leave people home.
Old 01-01-2021, 05:17 AM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ocean Ridge, FL
Posts: 2,163
Likes: 0
Received 400 Likes on 218 Posts
Default

Can someone post the link to where people need to go for the online forms for Covid tests etc, before heading across. Planning to go next weekend— weather permitting.
Old 01-01-2021, 06:50 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,004
Received 255 Likes on 142 Posts
Default

I suspect things will be easier by April and this summer will be extremely busy.
Old 01-01-2021, 10:07 AM
  #4  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: ft lauderdale, fl
Posts: 1,357
Likes: 0
Received 99 Likes on 59 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by laythewood View Post
Can someone post the link to where people need to go for the online forms for Covid tests etc, before heading across. Planning to go next weekendó weather permitting.

https://www.bahamasmarinas.com/proce...Ffj7rccYOKcL8o

I usually go here - they update as quick as the PM changes his mind....
Old 01-01-2021, 11:42 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Freeport Bahamas
Posts: 271
Received 67 Likes on 32 Posts
Default

This is the actual link to the Bahamas Gov. site:

https://travel.gov.bs/
Old 01-03-2021, 06:04 AM
  #6  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Volusia County, FL
Posts: 72
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Were looking at making our first run across this summer if things are looking better with COVID. Does anyone bring their dogs with them and have any advice in doing so?
Old 01-03-2021, 06:17 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,004
Received 255 Likes on 142 Posts
Default

Bring our dog all the time, get your papers sorted ahead of time.
Old 01-03-2021, 06:32 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Freeport Bahamas
Posts: 271
Received 67 Likes on 32 Posts
Default

Dogs are no problem, but you need to have a form filled and signed by your Vet. 48 Hrs prior to arriving. Also need to bring the medical history (Vaccinations, etc) Here is the link to the forms (bottom of page):

Pet importation

Old 01-03-2021, 07:17 AM
  #9  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 232
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jared. View Post
Were looking at making our first run across this summer if things are looking better with COVID. Does anyone bring their dogs with them and have any advice in doing so?
I used this guy for paperwork and he was very fast. Unfortunately the trip cancelled for weather, but Iíd use him again.
Old 01-03-2021, 09:00 AM
  #10  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Miami/Coral Gables, Key Colony Beach (Islamorada, Abaco, GHC, Lucaya)
Posts: 1,777
Received 882 Likes on 487 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by flyboycj84 View Post
I used this guy for paperwork and he was very fast. Unfortunately the trip cancelled for weather, but Iíd use him again.
Huh? What guy? I donít see a guy mentioned in the post you quoted. There is someone highly recommended who doesn't charge a lot and provides a great, time-efficient service. If someone doesn't pop up with his name,I will try to find it.
Old 01-03-2021, 09:13 AM
  #11  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 232
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MiamiJay View Post
Huh? What guy? I donít see a guy mentioned in the post you quoted. There is someone highly recommended who doesn't charge a lot and provides a great, time-efficient service. If someone doesn't pop up with his name,I will try to find it.
oops......forgot to paste lol.

https://www.bahamaspetpermit.com/
Likes:
Old 01-03-2021, 09:43 AM
  #12  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
One Tough Kitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,928
Received 232 Likes on 119 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Gone Nuts View Post
Dogs are no problem, but you need to have a form filled and signed by your Vet. 48 Hrs prior to arriving. Also need to bring the medical history (Vaccinations, etc) Here is the link to the forms (bottom of page):

Pet importation
My understanding is now your dog must have a chip implanted as well
Old 01-03-2021, 11:57 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Miami/Coral Gables, Key Colony Beach (Islamorada, Abaco, GHC, Lucaya)
Posts: 1,777
Received 882 Likes on 487 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by flyboycj84 View Post
oops......forgot to paste lol.

https://www.bahamaspetpermit.com/
Yes, thatís the guy! I have heard nothing but great things about him and his service
Likes:
Old 01-03-2021, 01:09 PM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Freeport Bahamas
Posts: 271
Received 67 Likes on 32 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by One Tough Kitty View Post
My understanding is now your dog must have a chip implanted as well
Yes they do!
That is on the form:Animal Import Requirements
Item d)
Old 01-05-2021, 05:01 AM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: on the road / Ft Lauderdale
Posts: 3,708
Received 885 Likes on 526 Posts
Default

Leave the dog home.
Old 01-05-2021, 08:21 AM
  #16  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Miami/Coral Gables, Key Colony Beach (Islamorada, Abaco, GHC, Lucaya)
Posts: 1,777
Received 882 Likes on 487 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by deckape View Post
Leave the dog home.
Dog is family ... Iíd much rather leave people home.
Old 01-08-2021, 01:11 PM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 898
Received 805 Likes on 370 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by biminibrad View Post
I suspect things will be easier by April and this summer will be extremely busy.
I suspect you will be wrong. This is not meant to end.

I'm sorry for the people of the Bahamas. Their governments restrictions are killing them.
Old 01-09-2021, 06:49 PM
  #18  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Miami
Posts: 409
Received 386 Likes on 157 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MiamiJay View Post
Dog is family ... Iíd much rather leave people home.
i canít remember the last time I went to Bimini without my dog. Buy 3 or 4 permits at a time, they are good for a year
Old 01-12-2021, 06:33 PM
  #19  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Goodland, Florida
Posts: 4,319
Received 287 Likes on 153 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MiamiJay View Post
Dog is family ... Iíd much rather leave people home.
Originally Posted by cuhuba View Post
i canít remember the last time I went to Bimini without my dog. Buy 3 or 4 permits at a time, they are good for a year

I've had any number of dogs over the years, and I like dogs fine, but cannot imagine travelling any distance on a boat with a dog. Too much trouble when I want to be doing other things besides worrying about a dog. My dogs have all been ...... just dogs.

To each his own I guess.
Old 01-13-2021, 11:39 AM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,498
Received 408 Likes on 212 Posts
Default

Enough dog talk...they're animals, not humans.

/ waits for the dog slurpers to attack me

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.