Notices

Florida's full

Old 11-22-2020, 05:54 AM
  #41  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Stuart, Florida
Posts: 3,828
Received 383 Likes on 173 Posts
Default

What galls me the most is that a lot of snowbirds make Florida their permanent resident and then begin to vote the same way they did in the shitholes they left, never once thinking perhaps the high taxes, lousy public services, etc etc etc they complained about and escaped by coming to Florida was because of the people they voted into office for decades from whence they came. That's why that scumbag, Andrew Gilliam, recently caught in a sting while high on crack, almost was elected Gov of Florida a few years ago, and let's not even mention the current debacle and the senile candidate of the other party!!!

Considering it all, I will gladly accept their lousy driving, rude pushy behavior if they would all PROMISE TO GO BACK HOME at the end of the season and stop changing their residence to Florida.
Likes:
Old 11-22-2020, 06:21 AM
  #42  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Winter Garden, FL/ Tiger, GA/ Ft. Pierce, FL
Posts: 3,032
Received 528 Likes on 279 Posts
Default

⬆️⬆️⬆️ I agree 100% with what he said. They come down here with there stupid opinions and wreck our way of life. Go home and take your crappy ideas with you.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:31 AM
  #43  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sunny florida
Posts: 25,183
Received 5,396 Likes on 3,449 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post
with their left turn signal on for miles in the right hand lane




.
Mercury Marquis used to come from the factory with a factory installed handicap sticker and a left turn signal permanently on.........
Old 11-22-2020, 06:34 AM
  #44  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sunny florida
Posts: 25,183
Received 5,396 Likes on 3,449 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by glasairpilot View Post
I think it is important to distinguish between SW FL snowbirds and SE FL. SW mostly come from the Midwest and are polite. SE gets the NY folks and they bring their liberal ideas down. Probably time to have FL split into E and W states.
This! I95 is an open sewer flowing south from NYC
Old 11-22-2020, 06:36 AM
  #45  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sunny florida
Posts: 25,183
Received 5,396 Likes on 3,449 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by oceandansar View Post
⬆️⬆️⬆️ I agree 100% with what he said. They come down here with there stupid opinions and wreck our way of life. Go home and take your crappy ideas with you.
Repeat after me:

WE DON'T CARE HOW YOU DID IT UP NORTH!!!!
Likes:
Old 11-22-2020, 06:47 AM
  #46  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 192
Received 77 Likes on 41 Posts
Default

I came out of Pinch-A-Penny (pool supply store for non-Floridians) last week to a freshly arrived snowbird lady screaming at me from across the parking lot that I have to wear a mask. Pinch-A-Penny doesn't require or even recommend masks, and none of their employees wear them.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:55 AM
  #47  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sunny florida
Posts: 25,183
Received 5,396 Likes on 3,449 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by OurSomeday View Post
I came out of Pinch-A-Penny (pool supply store for non-Floridians) last week to a freshly arrived snowbird lady screaming at me from across the parking lot that I have to wear a mask. Pinch-A-Penny doesn't require or even recommend masks, and none of their employees wear them.
Go over and cough on her....
Old 11-22-2020, 07:44 AM
  #48  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 124
Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts
Default

no one owns America
Old 11-22-2020, 09:30 AM
  #49  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location:
Posts: 124
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by tampapete View Post
no one owns America
Now that is about as silly a comment as I have heard....
Old 11-22-2020, 10:30 AM
  #50  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 972
Received 182 Likes on 147 Posts
Default

Been thinking about making the move myself for a few years Most.everones either moved or died that I know in my small town.Plan on doing a reconnaissance in north central Florida for a few weeks.Gainsville,Ocala specifically.Thoughts??
Old 11-22-2020, 01:09 PM
  #51  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 106
Received 165 Likes on 92 Posts
Default

So...Bust yer ass 9 months out of the year. 70 hour weeks,skip all the enjoyable things your friends do. Finally,it's the slow season. Pack up the trailer and head somewhere warm to do the fishing you've always loved doing but work gets in the way....

And occasionally run into some pompous a-hole who deliberately - and without cause - tries to ruin your day with blatant rudeness simply because you're a "yankee".

Ya. OK. Ya'all get the moral high ground. pfft.

I get it about the development and the crowds and the rude tourists and that stupid mouse....But to treat everybody badly who ya'all think is from "up north" just demonstrates low character.

I remember one gal at a campground office,just as rude and mean as she could be. When she left the office I looked at the other gal and asked "what was THAT all about?"

"She jus' don't like yankees."

You know who I've found to be the worst neighbors in S FL campgrounds? People from N FL.
Old 11-22-2020, 01:36 PM
  #52  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Winter Garden, FL/ Tiger, GA/ Ft. Pierce, FL
Posts: 3,032
Received 528 Likes on 279 Posts
Default

⬆️⬆️⬆️ I am not rude or mean to anybody unless they deserve it. I do not have a problem with people coming down here or moving here just leave your opinions and the way you do things where you came from and do it our way.
Old 11-22-2020, 01:38 PM
  #53  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Winter Garden, FL/ Tiger, GA/ Ft. Pierce, FL
Posts: 3,032
Received 528 Likes on 279 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by tampapete View Post
no one owns America
I think the Chinese are close
Old 11-22-2020, 01:39 PM
  #54  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 3,435
Received 3,350 Likes on 1,518 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by wiscoarborist View Post
So...Bust yer ass 9 months out of the year. 70 hour weeks,skip all the enjoyable things your friends do. Finally,it's the slow season. Pack up the trailer and head somewhere warm to do the fishing you've always loved doing but work gets in the way....

And occasionally run into some pompous a-hole who deliberately - and without cause - tries to ruin your day with blatant rudeness simply because you're a "yankee".

Ya. OK. Ya'all get the moral high ground. pfft.

I get it about the development and the crowds and the rude tourists and that stupid mouse....But to treat everybody badly who ya'all think is from "up north" just demonstrates low character.

I remember one gal at a campground office,just as rude and mean as she could be. When she left the office I looked at the other gal and asked "what was THAT all about?"

"She jus' don't like yankees."

You know who I've found to be the worst neighbors in S FL campgrounds? People from N FL.
It goes the other way too I wish trash from NJ would stop invading the OBX every year. The constant a-holes that complain in public how dumb all of the locals are, the idiot NYers that buy waterfront property and think they created a mandatory no wake zone because of the sign they bought off of Amazon.
Old 11-22-2020, 01:44 PM
  #55  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: East Central Florida
Posts: 377
Likes: 0
Received 192 Likes on 127 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Lu 1967 View Post
Been thinking about making the move myself for a few years Most.everones either moved or died that I know in my small town.Plan on doing a reconnaissance in north central Florida for a few weeks.Gainsville,Ocala specifically.Thoughts??
Carolina's have plenty of room
Old 11-22-2020, 01:51 PM
  #56  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 3,435
Received 3,350 Likes on 1,518 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by saltyreefer View Post
Carolina's have plenty of room
we are full, try Georgia.
Likes:
Old 11-22-2020, 01:53 PM
  #57  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: East Central Florida
Posts: 377
Likes: 0
Received 192 Likes on 127 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Lorne Greene View Post
we are full, try Georgia.
Old 11-22-2020, 02:02 PM
  #58  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 11
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default

I moved out of Fl about 8 years ago, I thought it was over crowded then. I visited recently and was blown away by the number of Biden signs and the traffic on the west coast. I feel for you guys.
Old 11-22-2020, 02:55 PM
  #59  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: East Central Florida
Posts: 377
Likes: 0
Received 192 Likes on 127 Posts
Default

I was born n raised here in Brevard county, I've been back and forth throughout the years from Huntsville, Al. and Franklin Tenn.
It has DEFINITLY changed here in Brevard!! I won't get into it...the transplants wont agree with me
Old 11-22-2020, 03:04 PM
  #60  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northwest PA, Southwest Florida
Posts: 182
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ptag View Post
I love it when a few raindrops hit the highway and they turn their hazards on and proceed down the road.
Illegal in Florida, no driving with 4 ways on.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.