Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

Your intentions with my daughter?

Notices
Like Tree77Likes

Your intentions with my daughter?

Old 02-11-2019, 11:20 AM
  #21  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Saint Amant Louisiana
Posts: 2,971
Default

I told my now son-in-law................"good luck". My little girl can damn well handle herself.
reelin in the keys likes this.
wdkerek is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 11:33 AM
  #22  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 732
Default

My Daughter is 18 now. I would NEVER ask that question. Its a useless. I do ask, "Where are you taking her tonight?" and remind him of her curfew. Any answer to that question at her age and younger would just be a lie anyhow. NOW I DO ASK my daughter, "What are your intentions with that boy?"

On the cleaning the gun thing, Abby was about 15 and a boy came to pick her up and I was cleaning one of my older guns, it actually was not intentional, I just had been to the range that day. Of course when the bell rang I thought I would take advantage of the situation..... NOPE, kid knew older guns! He was excited to see it, knew all about it and we actually talked about guns for about 10 min while my wife and daughter gave me the evil eye.... OF course, because I liked him, She didn't. But thats how it works.
catch232 and yakmatt like this.
EMC Pursuit is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 11:39 AM
  #23  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ft Lauderdale Fl
Posts: 5,990
Default

Wow, this all sounds so stylish. I'm thinkin that back in Jr H and HS that hookin up with someones daughter was just another notch in the belt. When her dad was asking your intentions... well, thats the same lie y'all are gettin now. LOL
EMC Pursuit likes this.
bumster is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 11:39 AM
  #24  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: skittleville fl
Posts: 8,286
Default

I hope you keep your liquor in a safe,not a cabinet.
mitchell master is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 11:45 AM
  #25  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 373
Default

I probably should have stated Iím not a dad. Iím just tired of hearing this question. The father learns absolutely nothing from it. And I actually love it when a dad has a gun there. I usually ask to see it and talk about his gun.
EMC Pursuit likes this.
txaggie25 is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 12:33 PM
  #26  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SC
Posts: 9,825
Default

Originally Posted by txaggie25 View Post
I probably should have stated Iím not a dad. Iím just tired of hearing this question. The father learns absolutely nothing from it. And I actually love it when a dad has a gun there. I usually ask to see it and talk about his gun.
youre the one being asked the question?

answer of course should be ďbang her on the boat.Ē
autobaun70 is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 12:37 PM
  #27  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Middle Peninsula, VA
Posts: 1,344
Default

Simple answer is " you don't wanna know"
1976K204x4 is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 12:42 PM
  #28  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 373
Default

Originally Posted by autobaun70 View Post


youre the one being asked the question?

answer of course should be ďbang her on the boat.Ē
Originally Posted by 1976K204x4 View Post
Simple answer is " you don't wanna know"
Originally Posted by Sin Bin fishing RI View Post
raw dawg and bail
trust me Iíd love to give the dad these response but it usually doesnít work well if I want to come back
txaggie25 is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 12:48 PM
  #29  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,028
Default

It's an absurd question, and should never be asked. Every boy wants to get in your daughters pants- just as you wanted to do to the girls you met.
I have beautiful twin 20 yr old daughters. Best thing is to have a great relationship with your daughter, tell them how great they are and then they will make the right decisions.

With the boys I am always very nice, courteous and respectful to them. Then they know we are a family of class and they know what is expected of them and how they treat my daughters.
Be an ahole ot them and they'll probably get you back.
YFMF likes this.
GR1FFIN is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 12:48 PM
  #30  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 5,098
Default

Best one was I've ever hear a dad who came right out and said "you trying to get into my daughters pants?"

The kid responded "Yes...errr...No...errrr...Ummmm...maybe, Sir but not tonight."

Qb1rdman is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 12:52 PM
  #31  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Southeast Ct.
Posts: 791
Default

Originally Posted by GR1FFIN View Post
It's an absurd question, and should never be asked. Every boy wants to get in your daughters pants- just as you wanted to do to the girls you met.
I have beautiful twin 20 yr old daughters. Best thing is to have a great relationship with your daughter, tell them how great they are and then they will make the right decisions.

With the boys I am always very nice, courteous and respectful to them. Then they know we are a family of class and they know what is expected of them and how they treat my daughters.
Be an ahole ot them and they'll probably get you back.
Iím dying to ask,,, but I wonít,
Gullpt is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 12:54 PM
  #32  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SC
Posts: 9,825
Default

Originally Posted by GR1FFIN View Post
It's an absurd question, and should never be asked. Every boy wants to get in your daughters pants- just as you wanted to do to the girls you met.
I have beautiful twin 20 yr old daughters. Best thing is to have a great relationship with your daughter, tell them how great they are and then they will make the right decisions.

With the boys I am always very nice, courteous and respectful to them. Then they know we are a family of class and they know what is expected of them and how they treat my daughters.
Be an ahole ot them and they'll probably get you back.
Ever had one dude show up for both daughters?
waybomb and kawakx125 like this.
autobaun70 is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 02:24 PM
  #33  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Bristol CT
Posts: 32
Default

From Bad Boys II

buxa likes this.
NickP is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 02:32 PM
  #34  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,739
Default

All questions like these do is test a very low bar of mental aptitude. Are you smart enough to lie?

what are your intentions with my daughter?
Do I look fat in this?
Do you ever think of other woman?
Do you miss her?
How much did that gun cost?
Lorne Greene is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 02:59 PM
  #35  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,807
Default

Originally Posted by Lorne Greene View Post
All questions like these do is test a very low bar of mental aptitude. Are you smart enough to lie?
Depends on how you as the father present yourself and the context of the question. I was completely honest with my now father in law when he asked me. He also treated me as a son from very early on, so we had that type of relationship.
jj1987 is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 03:11 PM
  #36  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Central Calif
Posts: 336
Default

Originally Posted by EMC Pursuit View Post
On the cleaning the gun thing, Abby was about 15 and a boy came to pick her up and I was cleaning one of my older guns, it actually was not intentional, I just had been to the range that day. Of course when the bell rang I thought I would take advantage of the situation..... NOPE, kid knew older guns! He was excited to see it, knew all about it and we actually talked about guns for about 10 min while my wife and daughter gave me the evil eye.... OF course, because I liked him, She didn't. But thats how it works.
Had a dad try this with me, really let the air out of his sail when I complemented him on the gun and showed knowledge of it.
Fishnmike is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 03:18 PM
  #37  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 373
Default

Originally Posted by Fishnmike View Post
Had a dad try this with me, really let the air out of his sail when I complemented him on the gun and showed knowledge of it.
I will say it pisses the dad off if you unload his gun or remove the bolt or trigger group.
Fishnmike likes this.
txaggie25 is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 03:37 PM
  #38  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 732
Default

Originally Posted by Fishnmike View Post
Had a dad try this with me, really let the air out of his sail when I complemented him on the gun and showed knowledge of it.
Honestly, I happened to be cleaning from the range,. I would not say it took the wind out of my sails, I actually respected the poor kid, my respect so far has equaled "goodbye" from my very stubborn daughter.

Dont know where she gets it!
EMC Pursuit is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 03:45 PM
  #39  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 219
Default

Originally Posted by tdk72 View Post
I tell them that whatever they do to my daughter, I will do to them. They won't like the way I "do it" to them.
You missed the word "But"
The Drifter is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 03:45 PM
  #40  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lafayette, La.
Posts: 3,913
Default

One of my sons used what was said above, I'll do to you whatever you do to her. The other has a plan to toss a 12 ga shotgun shell at the boy. When he catches it he then tells them that it will come at them a lot faster after curfew.
beenie is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread