Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

Legal Weed in Virginia?! WHHHAAAT?

Notices
Like Tree30Likes

Legal Weed in Virginia?! WHHHAAAT?

Old 01-10-2019, 09:16 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 721
Default Legal Weed in Virginia?! WHHHAAAT?

Never thought I would see the day that such a bill would make it? I am guessing it will be shot down immediately here in the commonwealth even though it probably has majority support. I believe it could be good for our states youth (no more BS handicaps in life for a minor screw up). What do you all think?
finnedfanatic is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 09:19 AM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 793
Default

It's only a matter of time before it's legal federally.
joshd472 is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 09:20 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 721
Default

I totally agree.... but I assumed Virginia would be the last!
finnedfanatic is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 09:21 AM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 793
Default

No sir, Mississippi will be last.
joshd472 is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 09:22 AM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
williamwallus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: SWFL, Midwest
Posts: 3,231
Default

Nobody gives a shit who smokes weed. Hope it passes for VA
Ccamp, Reel E and seawitch123 like this.
williamwallus is online now  
Old 01-10-2019, 09:27 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 721
Default

Mississippi... yeah you got me there. I totally agree above^^^
williamwallus likes this.
finnedfanatic is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 09:46 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North Shore, MA
Posts: 2,069
Default

Lighten up Francis and join the party!!
Zardoz is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 10:46 AM
  #8  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Oldham co. Ky
Posts: 14
Default

I don't know guy's Mark Twain said if the end of the world comes I want to be in Kentucky.... Because everything happens 20 years later there
Riverrat12 is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 11:59 AM
  #9  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Dulcecita Lures's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 16,758
Default

Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Light one up, Francis and join the party!!
FIFY
Dulcecita Lures is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 12:02 PM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Dead Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: OIB
Posts: 4,756
Default

lifes not a party- just what I want a bunch of dope heads watching the birds sing ---
Dead Horse is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 12:11 PM
  #11  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Dulcecita Lures's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 16,758
Default

Originally Posted by Dead Horse View Post
lifes not a party- just what I want a bunch of dope heads watching the birds sing ---
I know a few folks running legal grow ops here in the West. They aren't stoners, believe it or not. They're visionaries of things to come and they're making some serious ching. Actually considered applying for a Director of Grow Operations I saw posted on Linked In. I love gardening and growing stuff. ALL kinds of stuff, just not "devil's lettuce." No kidding, you know it's real when they are advertising professional well-paid positions on respected job sites!

The stigma that existed is fast-fading.
Ccamp likes this.
Dulcecita Lures is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 01:26 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,884
Default

Originally Posted by Dead Horse View Post
lifes not a party- just what I want a bunch of dope heads watching the birds sing ---
You are doing it wrong sir, it is a complete party if you do it right.
GravyBoat is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 01:31 PM
  #13  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Oldham co. Ky
Posts: 14
Default

Originally Posted by Dead Horse View Post
lifes not a party- just what I want a bunch of dope heads watching the birds sing ---
But I like birds...And dog gone it they like me
Riverrat12 is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 03:44 PM
  #14  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 7,061
Default

Just get drunk like the good lord intended.
gfretwell is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 03:52 PM
  #15  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Jacksonville, FL.
Posts: 10,719
Default

Can't wait until the first cancer lawsuits over legal week start. Just like the tobacco industry. How could anyone not think that is going to happen.
RyanL11 and Gov23 like this.
JAGSARE1 is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 04:05 PM
  #16  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 8,086
Default

Originally Posted by williamwallus View Post
Nobody EXCEPT CRANKY OLD MEN ON THT gives a shit who smokes weed. Hope it passes for VA
Fify.
SeaMonkey1 and williamwallus like this.
Double tyme is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 04:56 PM
  #17  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 83
Default

Ccamp is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 05:19 PM
  #18  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: VA
Posts: 5,938
Default

Regulate and tax it like alcohol. At least then the 50% of the population that pays no income tax will contribute more taxes to the treasury. Set intoxication limits for driving, work, etc, just like alcohol. I believe that 90% of the folks who will use it are those that already use it illegally. (The other 10% are boomers who used it in college, had to quit to stay employed but are now retired and might try it again.) Any state that legalizes it and gets tax revenue from it should be subject to a Federal funds offset (reduction) in the same amount. Or, make it a federal tax. Or split it like the gas tax.
Buoy Scout is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 08:42 PM
  #19  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 7,061
Default

Just like smoking tobacco is becoming less popular, I suspect that as soon as cannabis is legal, people will be eating it or "vaping". They may even come out with gum, the nicotine most people I know are addicted to.
gfretwell is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 09:05 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 563
Default

Originally Posted by Buoy Scout View Post
Regulate and tax it like alcohol. At least then the 50% of the population that pays no income tax will contribute more taxes to the treasury. Set intoxication limits for driving, work, etc, just like alcohol. I believe that 90% of the folks who will use it are those that already use it illegally. (The other 10% are boomers who used it in college, had to quit to stay employed but are now retired and might try it again.) Any state that legalizes it and gets tax revenue from it should be subject to a Federal funds offset (reduction) in the same amount. Or, make it a federal tax. Or split it like the gas tax.
They need to come up with a way to easily and quickly test before they can set limits
99yam40 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread