Notices

New Car Escape

Old 01-11-2019, 07:29 AM
  #21  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
spraynet 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sanford, FL
Posts: 7,470
Received 2,614 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Default

Totally serious...... What a cluster that sounds like!
The newest vehicle I own is a 2007 4-Runner.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:43 AM
  #22  
gf
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: North of Boston
Posts: 13,507
Received 487 Likes on 326 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by captain28570 View Post
My wife has a Mazda CX5 with the 2.5 turbo. Gets much better MPG's than the Escape. 27 average. Much more power.

You sure? The CX5 turbo is brand new for 2019. Your wife probably has an earlier naturally aspirated 2.5.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:25 AM
  #23  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Louisiana and Morehead City N.C.
Posts: 12,678
Received 1,377 Likes on 980 Posts
Default

Yes you’re correct. It’s pretty peppy. But it’s a N/A 2.5. Sorry about that.
Old 03-09-2021, 04:51 AM
  #24  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: De
Posts: 2,563
Received 601 Likes on 308 Posts
Default

You still liking the Escape Titanium?

Was thinking of getting one for my everyday commuter.
Love My 2015 Fusion Titanium but miles are mounting, Like to get another Fusion but considering the Escape instead.

Old 03-09-2021, 05:00 AM
  #25  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Fly over country.
Posts: 84
Received 397 Likes on 189 Posts
Default

Only two problems. One its a Ford,two is it gonna rust immediately like the 2021 truck models are? 90% of Ford trucks are still on the road,the other 10% actually made it home.
Old 03-09-2021, 06:54 AM
  #26  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sailfish Capital & Black Hills SD
Posts: 16,027
Likes: 0
Received 528 Likes on 278 Posts
Default

Some amazing stuff in these new cars, no doubt. Almost pulled the trigger last week on the Aviator, decided to put a few more days into shopping. Sunday took out a Aviator Gran Touring (their hybrid model) All the bells and whistles plus, and it is the most powerful Lincoln ever built. Using both gas and electric, 490hp..... Very nice.
Old 03-09-2021, 07:15 AM
  #27  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,178
Received 472 Likes on 274 Posts
Default

You dodged a billet by not buying that Equinox. Congrats on the new car.
Old 03-09-2021, 07:15 AM
  #28  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: De
Posts: 2,563
Received 601 Likes on 308 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by catmandoo1 View Post
Only two problems. One its a Ford,two is it gonna rust immediately like the 2021 truck models are? 90% of Ford trucks are still on the road,the other 10% actually made it home.
Thank You for your insight! I will surely base my final decision on this recommendation.



Old 03-09-2021, 07:21 AM
  #29  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north miami beach Fl.
Posts: 5,181
Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Striper In View Post
Thank You for your insight! I will surely base my final decision on this recommendation.
Ahhh, are the pickups not still aluminum???
Old 03-09-2021, 12:04 PM
  #30  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Fly over country.
Posts: 84
Received 397 Likes on 189 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by evernic View Post
Ahhh, are the pickups not still aluminum???
Its the underbody thats showing rust. Some only after 6 weeks. Just read an article about it.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:24 PM
  #31  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Michigan
Posts: 0
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

My girlfriend is on her second Titanium Escape. She loves them. Her current one is loaded with all the bells and whistles including the heads up display. It's got decent get up and go and drives nice. Not a big fan of the new front end however. Takes some getting used to.
Old 03-09-2021, 01:02 PM
  #32  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Southeast of the Holy City
Posts: 502
Received 97 Likes on 68 Posts
Default

That looks nice and the convenience and safety issues on the new vehicles are something.

But based on one very bad experience: no Fords ever again for me. I hope your experience is good.
Old 03-09-2021, 05:33 PM
  #33  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Southeast Connecticut
Posts: 585
Received 1,344 Likes on 712 Posts
Default

Back in Feb,......we rented a new Escape down in FL. First time I've driven an Escape since the early 2000 models which I wasn't fond of.

I'm 6'5"...and I was very comfortable in it.
In 2 and a half weeks I put over 2,000 miles on it...eventually driving it all the way home to south east CT in 3 days...and then up to TFGreen airport in Rhode Island.

Had my wife, daughter..and daughters best friend, plus our luggage. Yeah, we were comfy.
The little Ecoboost engine has a nut or two....really boogied. And the thing sipped gas!
Fit 'n finish inside...really good. Technology....good. Really roomy inside for a little thing.

Speaking of Old Saybrook, warm weather arriving...be down there a lot eating at restaurants.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.