Notices
Like Tree73Likes

Never been more conflicted...

Old 01-11-2019, 01:08 PM
  #81  
Joe
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Mt Pleasant, SC
Posts: 16,011
Default

like a moth to a flame
Joe is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 01:27 PM
  #82  
KJS
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Where I go, there I am
Posts: 16,760
Default

Originally Posted by Joe View Post
like a moth to a flame
..or a dog to his own vomit!
KJS is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 02:52 PM
  #83  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe
I think we also have gotten into an age issue on that one as well. 8 year olds and the mentally ill owning pistols and weapons.

What can go wrong?
Originally Posted by YFMF View Post
Ahh, but that's not the question is it? The point is that restricting gun ownership is not found in the constitution or bill of rights. You are looking for a loop hole in which to make your point, which I don't necessarily disagree with, but when sticking to the facts, there is no restrictions allowed, my right to bear arms is just that and it is one given me/you by your creator.
Boy you must think Joe's mother and father had a lot of influence in the writing of the American Constitution,
Joe likes this.
D_Westie is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 04:28 PM
  #84  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,585
Default

Originally Posted by D_Westie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe
I think we also have gotten into an age issue on that one as well. 8 year olds and the mentally ill owning pistols and weapons.

What can go wrong?

Boy you must think Joe's mother and father had a lot of influence in the writing of the American Constitution,
Well if you go along with religious thought, we are all created in God's image, thus we are all in part God. So either my God or my parents created me and thus my rights are granted from them to me at my birth, Joe's too. Government/man cannot take them away. It's why I don't need any additional paperwork to own a gun, it's in the bill of rights.
YFMF is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 05:54 PM
  #85  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 685
Default

Originally Posted by YFMF View Post
Well if you go along with religious thought, we are all created in God's image, thus we are all in part God. So either my God or my parents created me and thus my rights are granted from them to me at my birth, Joe's too. Government/man cannot take them away. It's why I don't need any additional paperwork to own a gun, it's in the bill of rights.
Sorry but neither your imaginary sky being or your parents can grant you those rights. You have those rights because they are in the American Constitution and bill of rights and you are an american.
BigO likes this.
D_Westie is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 06:01 PM
  #86  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Boston North Shore
Posts: 4,862
Default

Sky being.
Boat Bum is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 06:02 PM
  #87  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,038
Default

Just because it is in the Constitution does not mean it cannot be changed. Amendments, interpretation through case law...
Locke N Load is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:15 PM
  #88  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Holden Beach
Posts: 3,611
Default

Originally Posted by YFMF View Post
Jersus, you still with us?
Last Activity: 01-05-2019 10:22 AM

Not that long after he started this thread.
Hope he got help.
CAP1 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:25 PM
  #89  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 245
Default

Originally Posted by MattGoose View Post
Fine, I'll lower my expectations.

Alive and not in jail or a mental institution.

Well... 2 outta 3 anyway...

Redbeans likes this.
Flybull is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 09:01 PM
  #90  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
TheBigWhit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Southport Raw Bar
Posts: 4,097
Default

Jerkus is up on the roof howling like a banshee. I told him don’t mix the juniper berry and the agave while burning the devils lettuce.
Redbeans likes this.
TheBigWhit is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 05:10 AM
  #91  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pismo Beach, Ca.
Posts: 3,827
Default

Originally Posted by TheBigWhit View Post
Jerkus is up on the roof howling like a banshee. I told him don’t mix the juniper berry and the agave while burning the devils lettuce.
Mark Y is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 03:10 PM
  #92  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,585
Default

Originally Posted by D_Westie View Post
Sorry but neither your imaginary sky being or your parents can grant you those rights. You have those rights because they are in the American Constitution and bill of rights and you are an american.
You have poor ability on comprehension, it states in the Bill of rights that our rights are granted by our creator, (in other words, not by man or govt.) I strongly suggest you ask someone to explain that to you.
KJS, TheBigWhit and Rapi like this.
YFMF is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 09:31 PM
  #93  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
TheBigWhit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Southport Raw Bar
Posts: 4,097
Default

Aethists get “Civil Rights”. What man giveth, man taketh.
Thank God I know Him!
BigO and Rapi like this.
TheBigWhit is offline  
Old 01-14-2019, 07:14 AM
  #94  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 685
Default

Originally Posted by YFMF View Post
You have poor ability on comprehension, it states in the Bill of rights that our rights are granted by our creator, (in other words, not by man or govt.) I strongly suggest you ask someone to explain that to you.
Your creator is your mother and father, don't you understand biology?
D_Westie is offline  
Old 01-14-2019, 07:25 AM
  #95  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
TheBigWhit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Southport Raw Bar
Posts: 4,097
Default

Originally Posted by D_Westie View Post
Your creator is your mother and father, don't you understand biology?
So our Unalienable Right to Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness is endowed by our mom and dad?

Hahahahaha... Ive never heard something so moronic. Are you trolling or do you really believe this? Anyway, good one brah...
YFMF likes this.
TheBigWhit is offline  
Old 01-14-2019, 08:25 AM
  #96  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 685
Default

Originally Posted by TheBigWhit View Post
So our Unalienable Right to Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness is endowed by our mom and dad?

Hahahahaha... Ive never heard something so moronic. Are you trolling or do you really believe this? Anyway, good one brah...

Well if that's what it says In the American constitution or bill of rights I guess you must think those that wrote it are morons. I have to admit I have Never read the American constitution or the bill of rights and probably never will as it has no bearing on my life.
D_Westie is offline  
Old 01-14-2019, 08:29 AM
  #97  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,316
Default

Originally Posted by D_Westie View Post
Well if that's what it says In the American constitution or bill of rights I guess you must think those that wrote it are morons. I have to admit I have Never read the American constitution or the bill of rights and probably never will as it has no bearing on my life.
Please, please, please tell me you aren't an American.
Marlin308, TorFed and YFMF like this.
MattGoose is offline  
Old 01-14-2019, 12:53 PM
  #98  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
TheBigWhit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Southport Raw Bar
Posts: 4,097
Default

Originally Posted by D_Westie View Post
Well if that's what it says In the American constitution or bill of rights I guess you must think those that wrote it are morons. I have to admit I have Never read the American constitution or the bill of rights and probably never will as it has no bearing on my life.
So tell us about the founding and principles of your culture and planet.
TheBigWhit is offline  
Old 01-14-2019, 01:00 PM
  #99  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 685
Default

Originally Posted by MattGoose View Post
Please, please, please tell me you aren't an American.
Thankfully I'm not.
D_Westie is offline  
Old 01-14-2019, 01:11 PM
  #100  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Amongst the FL fishies
Posts: 6,697
Default

I feduciated once. It really didn't hurt but it stank like heck. Then I had a monumental decision. It stank pretty bad too and got all over the wall and part of the window. My wife like to never forgave me. She was asleep under the window. You know, splatter and everything. I was relieved when it was over.
airbrush is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread