Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

As much fun as watching drivers at boat ramp!

Notices
Like Tree39Likes

As much fun as watching drivers at boat ramp!

Reply

Old 10-11-2018, 04:39 AM
  #21  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Jack F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 11,140
Default

Jack F is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:07 AM
  #22  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 522
Default

Originally Posted by Sea Hawk View Post
Just for the record I have never smoked pot done any illegal drugs or alcohol.
So the argument about people who drink alcohol should forfeit their driver license, yes, while they are drinking I'm all for it, same as the potheads, but on this case your argument is not valid because no one consumes alcohol as medicine, same should be with the potheads, most people I know that use the excuse of medicine marijuana have been smoking pot way before it was excused as a medicine, but I have never seen anybody getting drunk to heal anything.

One thing that I don't understand is one is totally legal but, if you drive while using it it's very illegal, while the other is illegal but you can drive legally while under it's effect and never be accused of DWI, as I have heard.
False. In the college town I went to they wrote MANY tickets for DWIs for it. All they had to do was be able to smell it and/or identify bloodshot eyes, then give a FST.
Kenny Powers is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:15 AM
  #23  
Senior Member
 
Lprizman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: RI
Posts: 5,412
Default

I had to go to the board of health for 2 new projects I'm building.

people parking 1/4 mile away brisk walking till entrance....out come the canes and hobbled walking act into the 40 or so derilics already in line for more free shit or mm cards....pathetic

canibis and alike are helping a lot of people which is great...like booze abuse overshadows the positive at times
Lprizman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:35 AM
  #24  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Satellite Beach, FL
Posts: 10,537
Default

I'll take totally made up stories and things that never happened for a thousand
Trayder and McAhoy like this.
Danny33486 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:44 AM
  #25  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 399
Default

Originally Posted by Jimco View Post
What do boomers have to do with this.
Boomers tend to have a different view (negative) on Marijuana when compared to younger generation,
mskin314 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:47 AM
  #26  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 399
Default

Originally Posted by Sea Hawk View Post
Just for the record I have never smoked pot done any illegal drugs or alcohol.
So the argument about people who drink alcohol should forfeit their driver license, yes, while they are drinking I'm all for it, same as the potheads, but on this case your argument is not valid because no one consumes alcohol as medicine, same should be with the potheads, most people I know that use the excuse of medicine marijuana have been smoking pot way before it was excused as a medicine, but I have never seen anybody getting drunk to heal anything.

One thing that I don't understand is one is totally legal but, if you drive while using it it's very illegal, while the other is illegal but you can drive legally while under it's effect and never be accused of DWI, as I have heard.
Sorry boomer, but people have been self medicating with alcohol for centuries. You are displaying ignorance by refuting this.

Both are illegal to drive under the influence of, another show of ignorance to the subject matter.
mskin314 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:06 AM
  #27  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Suffolk, Va.
Posts: 16,780
Default

Originally Posted by Fish Haid View Post
Well, there was the lady who turned into the imaginary driveway, until she jumped the curb and noticed the bush in her way. And the two cars that tried to park in the same spot simultaneously. These people go to great lengths to get their fake medicine, and are stoned from the minute they wake up in the morning until they go to bed at night. They are smoking stuff that is 5 times more potent than the couple joints you rolled in college, and their intake is staggering. Several ounces per week??? At least the drinkers are somewhat limited in their hours and frequency.

As for munchies, he already sells junk food, but wants nothing to do with attracting more stupid customers. He is in his golden years, and his store is definitely not one where the customer is always right.

I'm all for catching a buzz now and then, but not all day, every day.
So please tell us how you know these people stay stoned all day. Do you hang out with them? Do you follow them home and peak in their windows?
fishingfun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:08 AM
  #28  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 2,207
Default

Rather watch people at the ramp. I usually find watching stoners about as fun as watching paint dry.
bikem is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:10 AM
  #29  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Suffolk, Va.
Posts: 16,780
Default

Originally Posted by mskin314 View Post
Sorry boomer, but people have been self medicating with alcohol for centuries. You are displaying ignorance by refuting this.

Both are illegal to drive under the influence of, another show of ignorance to the subject matter.
It not DWI its DUI. Driving Under The Influence is driving under the influence of any drug. Legal or not and is against the law.
fishingfun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:24 AM
  #30  
TTB
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,114
Default

Originally Posted by bikem View Post
Rather watch people at the ramp. I usually find watching stoners about as fun as watching paint dry.
...but if the stoners are at the ramp, that can get entertaining.
TTB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:26 AM
  #31  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Largo, FL
Posts: 1,677
Default

Originally Posted by Sea Hawk View Post
So the argument about people who drink alcohol should forfeit their driver license, yes, while they are drinking I'm all for it, same as the potheads, but on this case your argument is not valid because no one consumes alcohol as medicine, same should be with the potheads, most people I know that use the excuse of medicine marijuana have been smoking pot way before it was excused as a medicine, but I have never seen anybody getting drunk to heal anything.

One thing that I don't understand is one is totally legal but, if you drive while using it it's very illegal, while the other is illegal but you can drive legally while under it's effect and never be accused of DWI, as I have heard.
Zero problem at all forbidding people from driving while on alcohol or drugs, but there are already laws on the books about that. No need for forfeiting the driver's license just because someone uses alcohol or drugs medicinally or recreationally, provided they are not under the influence of the alcohol or drugs at the time they are operating a vehicle.

And plenty of people use alcohol for healing. It generally doesn't work, but that doesn't stop them. Want proof? See country music.

You may be partially correct about DWI. DWI stands for Driving While Intoxicated, and depending on the state, may have specific language that limits it to alcohol. That's mostly outdated. Most states changed to DUI, which stands for Driving Under the Influence. You can get a DUI for alcohol or other drugs, even prescription drugs.
Belzelbub is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:13 AM
  #32  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 79
Default

Originally Posted by fishingfun View Post
So please tell us how you know these people stay stoned all day. Do you hang out with them? Do you follow them home and peak in their windows?
You must not know any real pot addicts. Wake & bake. Take crap, smoke more, shower, smoke more, eat breakfast, smoke more.....
Obviously not ALL of them! My guess is 20% just use it for "real" medication. Those are the ones who aren't used to it, aren't addicted, and have low tolerance so one toke gets them buzzed.
Fish Haid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:46 AM
  #33  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wilmington NC
Posts: 1,473
Default

All the young kids these days are smokin that dope! Now get off my lawn!!
rusbob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:34 AM
  #34  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ramseur NC
Posts: 160
Default

Originally Posted by Fish Haid View Post
You must not know any real pot addicts. Wake & bake. Take crap, smoke more, shower, smoke more, eat breakfast, smoke more.....
Obviously not ALL of them! My guess is 20% just use it for "real" medication. Those are the ones who aren't used to it, aren't addicted, and have low tolerance so one toke gets them buzzed.
Dont think i have seen another post with so much stupid in it. I work in the cannabis industry and the vast majority that i know are great people, great parents and are professionals. You clearly are prejudiced and thats ok, I am used to it. But as state after state allows cannabis use, opinions like yours will simply provide hours of countless hilarity for people who truly believe/know. Please do some reading on the endocannabinoid system so you actually can increase your knowledge about the plant and how our bodies process different cannabanoids. If you choose to debate, you should at least have knowledge that isnt based on feelings but facts.

My old man would laugh at you. He is 83 and I opened his eyes a few years ago. You would be amazed how many seniors use cannabis for pain relief or sleep.
JFranklin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:51 AM
  #35  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 228
Default

NC Mike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:37 PM
  #36  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Newport, RI & Key West, FL
Posts: 3,949
Default

Originally Posted by Fish Haid View Post
You must not know any real pot addicts. Wake & bake. Take crap, smoke more, shower, smoke more, eat breakfast, smoke more.....
Obviously not ALL of them! My guess is 20% just use it for "real" medication. Those are the ones who aren't used to it, aren't addicted, and have low tolerance so one toke gets them buzzed.

Pot Addicts? is there a THC clinic for them to get help? like Heroin addicts have methadone? amazed what I learn on THT, please enlighten us about these Marijuana addicts must be scary stuff that darn Devils Lettuce!!
Trayder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:39 PM
  #37  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 638
Default

As of Oct 17th marijuana becomes legal in Canada. The penalties for driving while under the influence are quite severe, as they should be.

For example here are what they are in Manitoba.

Manitoba

The Manitoba Public Insurance site clearly lists the penalties for driving high.

First offense:

– suspension of driver's license for one year
– possible 18 month imprisonment
– $1,000 fine

Second offense:

– five year suspension of driver's license
– minimum 30 days imprisonment

Third offense:

– ten year suspension of driver's license
– minimum 120 days imprisonment

Accident that leads to bodily harm or death:

– 5 year suspension of driver's license
– possible 10 year imprisonment
D_Westie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:52 PM
  #38  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
triumphrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Masaryktown, Fla.
Posts: 16,694
Default

Big Al...Big Al...

This thread is useless without a call out from Big Al..



Yeah, I know he's the blow and Ho guy, but we all know he had to start somewhere
triumphrick is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: