Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

More to this story than meets the eye....

Notices
Like Tree69Likes

More to this story than meets the eye....

Old 09-07-2018, 07:18 PM
  #1  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 3,642
Default More to this story than meets the eye....

No way, No how, this officer walks into the wrong apartment - mistakes it for her own and shoots the poor young man.
Wrong apartment number, wrong color door mat, wrong furniture when she walks in the front door.....probably many other things that should have made her go "hmmmmm" - before she pulled the trigger.

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/07/64563...it-was-her-hom
twentynine and crossthread like this.
KismetLRC is offline  
Old 09-07-2018, 07:25 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,440
Default

2nd degree murder. Anything less and I'll start kneeling with kapernec.
DotRotten is offline  
Old 09-07-2018, 07:28 PM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,402
Default

That's really Horrible . That guy seemed like he was a real stand up indivigual .
ed d is offline  
Old 09-07-2018, 09:43 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Turtle9343's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,540
Default

Being local, this story is of course all over our tv. The story goes she got off the elevator one floor above her own not realizing it. She couldn’t get the door open of course, and as she was struggling with the door, the guy opened it. She evidently panicked and shot him. She didn’t even go in the apartment before she shot him. Looks like she will probably be arrested tomorrow.
Turtle9343 is offline  
Old 09-07-2018, 11:27 PM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,402
Default

My father said a long time ago that when you start giving the weak and cowards guns is when you have problems . I can't imagine after reading that guys bio that he would be very combative if faced with an uniformed officer . She got scared and paniced and ended an innocent father's life . This makes me as sick as when that swat officer shot that kneeling/prone guy in the hallway . He just executed that guy . He was a panic'ee pu$$y also . Makes me sick . I guess when you have 326+ million people living together F'ed up things are gonna happen .
Trayder, FIREMEN122, KJS and 5 others like this.

Last edited by ed d; 09-08-2018 at 09:24 AM.
ed d is offline  
Old 09-07-2018, 11:40 PM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 500
Default

Rip. Sounded like a good guy and a shame to see his life ended so soon.

I hope justice is served.
waybomb likes this.
buck3 is offline  
Old 09-08-2018, 12:26 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Turtle9343's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,540
Default

Still no warrant, and people are getting antsy.
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/dp.../287-592186927
Turtle9343 is offline  
Old 09-08-2018, 12:28 PM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Lewes, DE
Posts: 10,303
Default

Originally Posted by DotRotten View Post
2nd degree murder. Anything less and I'll start kneeling with kapernec.
Hope you remembered your knee pads. Article says plans are manslaughter.

If it was a civilian would be breaking and entering and murder 2/3.
ed d likes this.
TorFed is offline  
Old 09-08-2018, 12:29 PM
  #9  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 3,642
Default

Originally Posted by buck3 View Post
Rip. Sounded like a good guy and a shame to see his life ended so soon.

I hope justice is served.
Agree.
I’m sure that’s not how he figured his life would end. Not the way I’d expect to go either. Damn shame. I just hope Justice is served.
KismetLRC is offline  
Old 09-08-2018, 02:56 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: west tn
Posts: 724
Default

NOBODY won in this situation. Gotta be alot more to this story than we know based on that article. Obviously the officer had no business showing up at the wrong appt and blowing it's lawful occupant away, but WHY is the article so quick to mention the race of each involved? WTH does that have to do with tea in China?

Was she drunk/stoned? So if she was just off shift, what mental frame was she in? (Not that that justifies her actions, just saying I wouldn't jump so quick to demand murder of any degree. Manslaughter/negligent homicide, well ok but not murder.)

Dallas will be writing a LARGE check shortly. I just hope the left, media and racepimps don't try to quickly stir something up over this obviously bad mistake and very unfortunate situation. Harding is a GREAT school, I have alot of family in AR and many friends whose kids go/went there, the deceased was most likely a bright life headed for great things...
HatchieLuvr is offline  
Old 09-08-2018, 03:01 PM
  #11  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Lewes, DE
Posts: 10,303
Default

Originally Posted by HatchieLuvr View Post
NOBODY won in this situation. Gotta be alot more to this story than we know based on that article. Obviously the officer had no business showing up at the wrong appt and blowing it's lawful occupant away, but WHY is the article so quick to mention the race of each involved? WTH does that have to do with tea in China?

Was she drunk/stoned? So if she was just off shift, what mental frame was she in? (Not that that justifies her actions, just saying I wouldn't jump so quick to demand murder of any degree. Manslaughter/negligent homicide, well ok but not murder.)

Dallas will be writing a LARGE check shortly. I just hope the left, media and racepimps don't try to quickly stir something up over this obviously bad mistake and very unfortunate situation. Harding is a GREAT school, I have alot of family in AR and many friends whose kids go/went there, the deceased was most likely a bright life headed for great things...
Having read 3 articles on it I have no idea of the race of the officer.

The fact you are trying to put the murderer on the same level as the victim is asinine.

Don't worry. The far right and blind defenders who only care about a badge will make sure she incorrectly only gets a wrist slap. Hell, you're already playing the BUT, WHAT IF, and excuses card

You kill someone in their own home doing nothing wrong. What is that if not murder? Not murder 1 or premeditated, but that is not manslaughter nor negligent homicide.
TorFed is offline  
Old 09-08-2018, 03:13 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: west tn
Posts: 724
Default

Originally Posted by TorFed View Post
Having read 3 articles on it I have no idea of the race of the officer.

The fact you are trying to put the murderer on the same level as the victim is asinine.

Don't worry. The far right and blind defenders who only care about a badge will make sure she incorrectly only gets a wrist slap. Hell, you're already playing the BUT, WHAT IF, and excuses card

You kill someone in their own home doing nothing wrong. What is that if not murder? Not murder 1 or premeditated, but that is not manslaughter nor negligent homicide.
Easy TF, she WONT get a wrist slap in this case! NO WAY can an innocent man be "mistakingly blown away" in his own home by an officer who thought she was somewhere else and just end with "a slap on the wrist!" I just don't think any murder charges can be realistically placed in this case if they had never seen each other before. WHATEVER state of mind she was in that she so confused her location of her own appt, will not be reason to give her ANY benefit of doubt. I'd be curious what kind and how long on the force she had been? I've gotta million questions but none really matter as they don't override the innocent guy being mistaken and blown away at his own doorstep!

The OPs link clearly states on the 3rd sentence the races involved!

The fact you are trying to put the murderer on the same level as the victim is asinine. I have NO IDEA what you are referring to here?
HatchieLuvr is offline  
Old 09-08-2018, 03:18 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: orange beach al
Posts: 672
Default

This makes no sense, she is coming from work and just leaves her apartment unlocked? In Dallas? Did her key fit his door?
moneyeater is offline  
Old 09-08-2018, 03:31 PM
  #14  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Lewes, DE
Posts: 10,303
Default

Originally Posted by HatchieLuvr View Post
Easy TF, she WONT get a wrist slap in this case! NO WAY can an innocent man be "mistakingly blown away" in his own home by an officer who thought she was somewhere else and just end with "a slap on the wrist!" I just don't think any murder charges can be realistically placed in this case if they had never seen each other before. WHATEVER state of mind she was in that she so confused her location of her own appt, will not be reason to give her ANY benefit of doubt.

You are also assuming all of this. None of us know either way if she knew the guy or had never seen each other. You are already saying that she thought she was at her apartment?

Reality of it is we know nothing other than she went to his apartment, and killed him as he opened the door. Those are the only public facts about the scenario.

By the way, two articles said they did know each other and there were pictures of them together at a bbq.

You are already saying it was obviously just an honest mistake. We don't know that. Just like we don't know if the guy had pissed her off before and she thought up a great way to get away with killing him.

Assuming and making your mind up early is dangerous. Just because someone says something is true, doesn't mean it is. Are you convinced it is because she is wearing a badge? Obviously you've already decided she was telling the truth. If she is a civilian, are you saying the same thing? I doubt it.
TorFed is offline  
Old 09-08-2018, 03:49 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: west tn
Posts: 724
Default

Originally Posted by TorFed View Post
You are also assuming all of this. None of us know either way if she knew the guy or had never seen each other. You are already saying that she thought she was at her apartment?

Reality of it is we know nothing other than she went to his apartment, and killed him as he opened the door. Those are the only public facts about the scenario.

By the way, two articles said they did know each other and there were pictures of them together at a bbq.

You are already saying it was obviously just an honest mistake. We don't know that. Just like we don't know if the guy had pissed her off before and she thought up a great way to get away with killing him.

Assuming and making your mind up early is dangerous. Just because someone says something is true, doesn't mean it is. Are you convinced it is because she is wearing a badge? Obviously you've already decided she was telling the truth. If she is a civilian, are you saying the same thing? I doubt it.
TF how much blood pressure meds do you take? Wow are you high strung! I'm speaking simply on what are "the constantly shifting facts" as we know them right now. IF they didn't know each other and IF somehow she truly was confused as to her own wear abouts then I say murder isn't possible.

You historically interject ALOT of "what if's" into every shooting story that pops up on the news, I'll leave the reason why to you. Now sure if they DID know each other then yes that quite likely DOES change things. Know what, it doesn't matter for sakes of this conversation because the truth and evidence WILL be found out & I have FULL confidence that justice WILL be served! Why are you so confrontational and anti-LEO? If they had a relationship and this was her way of removing him from the issue, then yes she WILL be dealt with. No sense IMO to get all twisted up and fight about it amongst ourselves.
HatchieLuvr is offline  
Old 09-08-2018, 04:00 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,010
Default

Originally Posted by TorFed View Post
Hope you remembered your knee pads. Article says plans are manslaughter.

If it was a civilian would be breaking and entering and murder 2/3.
where is the breaking and entering? Poor slob guy opened the door.



Last edited by Jimm; 09-09-2018 at 06:56 AM. Reason: changed word
Jimm is offline  
Old 09-08-2018, 04:04 PM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,010
Default

Originally Posted by TorFed View Post
You are also assuming all of this. None of us know either way if she knew the guy or had never seen each other. You are already saying that she thought she was at her apartment?

Reality of it is we know nothing other than she went to his apartment, and killed him as he opened the door. Those are the only public facts about the scenario.

By the way, two articles said they did know each other and there were pictures of them together at a bbq.

You are already saying it was obviously just an honest mistake. We don't know that. Just like we don't know if the guy had pissed her off before and she thought up a great way to get away with killing him.

Assuming and making your mind up early is dangerous. Just because someone says something is true, doesn't mean it is. Are you convinced it is because she is wearing a badge? Obviously you've already decided she was telling the truth. If she is a civilian, are you saying the same thing? I doubt it.
You made up your mind..........
TF.................

“You kill someone in their own home doing nothing wrong. What is that if not murder? Not murder 1 or premeditated, but that is not manslaughter nor negligent homicide.”
Finsinchessy likes this.

Last edited by Jimm; 09-08-2018 at 05:38 PM.
Jimm is offline  
Old 09-08-2018, 04:35 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,440
Default

Originally Posted by Jimm View Post

where is the breaking and entering? Poor slob opened the door.

poor sob rather than "poor slob" may have helped in wanting to listen to your point.

Last edited by DotRotten; 09-08-2018 at 04:53 PM.
DotRotten is offline  
Old 09-08-2018, 04:44 PM
  #19  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere in the middle of Michigan
Posts: 10,407
Default

A Dallas police officer lives in a "cutting-edge luxury apartment"? Dallas must pay its officers well!
yarcraft91 is offline  
Old 09-08-2018, 04:50 PM
  #20  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: s.e. pa
Posts: 709
Default

I wonder if she stopped for a couple a cold ones before going home.

Sad for all involved. Prayers for his family.
twofish is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread