Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

The newest stupidity....wearing shirts backwards.

Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The newest stupidity....wearing shirts backwards.

Old 08-30-2018, 05:11 PM
  #1  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northern Ohio
Posts: 15,221
Default The newest stupidity....wearing shirts backwards.

I still think wearing your pants half off of your ass is ridiculous but how about this AND wearing your shirt backwards and/or inside out! WTF is wrong with people doing crap like this? I had never seen anyone doing this until today, I was driving in a crappy part of town and noticed a couple of guys with half their ass hanging out and wearing button down shirts backwards. As I continued to drive I saw a couple more and then more. I guess I live a sheltered life because I had not known about this being cool but I looked it up on line and confirmed it's "a thing" now!

Since this is supposed to be the hip thing I think tomorrow I will wear my pants inside out with my boxers hanging out, wear my shirt backwards and inside out, and wear visor upside down and backwards.....I bet people will be asking for my autograph! Oh yeah I can wear my boxers half way down my ass AND inside out! Whoa......I will be so hip I may just break my hip!
RussH is offline  
Old 08-30-2018, 05:20 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Palm City, FL
Posts: 2,213
Default

Nothing new...


RyanL11 and myyellas2k like this.
Ahoy Vay is offline  
Old 08-30-2018, 05:21 PM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Westbrook, CT USA
Posts: 1,431
Default

Been going on since the late 80s.
Bryan A. is offline  
Old 08-30-2018, 05:22 PM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere in the middle of Michigan
Posts: 10,404
Default

Those kids with the backwards shirts better think twice. If "Tyrone" passes out when drunk, some Good Samaritan might kill Tyrone trying to turn his head around the right way.
yarcraft91 is offline  
Old 08-30-2018, 05:28 PM
  #5  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northern Ohio
Posts: 15,221
Default

Originally Posted by Bryan A. View Post
Been going on since the late 80s.
Maybe where you live but not where I live. Today is the first time I have ever seen people wearing shirts backwards. I asked my wife, daughter, and brother and none of them have saw idiots with their shirts on backwards yet so it hasn't been going on for 30 years around here.
RussH is offline  
Old 08-30-2018, 05:35 PM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Westbrook, CT USA
Posts: 1,431
Default

Sure it has. Was all over the MTV a few years back......
Bryan A. is offline  
Old 08-30-2018, 05:37 PM
  #7  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northern Ohio
Posts: 15,221
Default

Originally Posted by Bryan A. View Post
Sure it has. Was all over the MTV a few years back......
Well that explains it.....I have never watched MTV.
Bryan A. likes this.
RussH is offline  
Old 08-30-2018, 05:39 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Palm City, FL
Posts: 2,213
Default

Originally Posted by RussH View Post
Well that explains it.....I have never watched MTV.
Too busy playing dungeons and dragons?
Reel E likes this.
Ahoy Vay is offline  
Old 08-30-2018, 06:44 PM
  #9  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
PLEDGERPLEDGERPLEDGERPLEDGER
 
Snapper Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Republic of West Florida - the ORIGINAL lone star state
Posts: 17,780
Default

Originally Posted by RussH View Post
I still think wearing your pants half off of your ass is ridiculous but how about this AND wearing your shirt backwards and/or inside out! WTF is wrong with people doing crap like this? I had never seen anyone doing this until today, I was driving in a crappy part of town and noticed a couple of guys with half their ass hanging out and wearing button down shirts backwards. As I continued to drive I saw a couple more and then more. I guess I live a sheltered life because I had not known about this being cool but I looked it up on line and confirmed it's "a thing" now!

Since this is supposed to be the hip thing I think tomorrow I will wear my pants inside out with my boxers hanging out, wear my shirt backwards and inside out, and wear visor upside down and backwards.....I bet people will be asking for my autograph! Oh yeah I can wear my boxers half way down my ass AND inside out! Whoa......I will be so hip I may just break my hip!
Translation: "Get off my lawn!"

Big Al
Snapper Head is offline  
Old 08-30-2018, 06:47 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Wendell, NC
Posts: 2,198
Default

Kris Kross?
myyellas2k likes this.
NCSUboater is offline  
Old 08-30-2018, 06:48 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: On the beach
Posts: 2,958
Default

Wear your shirt backwards because you don’t know if you’re coming or going ?
Still Stoked is offline  
Old 08-30-2018, 07:00 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 568
Default

people screaming look at me i am different.

we already know you are different.
but not in a good way
99yam40 is offline  
Old 08-30-2018, 07:03 PM
  #13  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,447
Default

Kris Kross would be terrible volunteers on a Suicide Hot Line...
Because.... Kris Kross will make you.... (so ahead, sing it...)
240 LTS, fijon, Ahoy Vay and 1 others like this.
hjorgan is offline  
Old 08-30-2018, 07:05 PM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 271
Default

I have worn few t shirt types inside out knowing I was stuck with a dirty job and I would look more presentable for something I would have do after work before I could change. I had no idea it was high fashion. I guess I did it backwards, should have worn it inside out at the days end.
Finsinchessy is offline  
Old 08-30-2018, 07:05 PM
  #15  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The MRE
Posts: 2,760
Default

jpcanning, bigjohnnc, ed d and 2 others like this.
happyjack92 is offline  
Old 08-30-2018, 07:08 PM
  #16  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,133
Default

Confuses the eyewitnesses. Just like only top button buttoned made it easy to ditch the shirt and change your clothing description.

Ask Cracker.
colecaz is offline  
Old 08-30-2018, 07:19 PM
  #17  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northern Ohio
Posts: 15,221
Default

Originally Posted by colecaz View Post
Confuses the eyewitnesses. Just like only top button buttoned made it easy to ditch the shirt and change your clothing description.

Ask Cracker.
I'm picking up what you are laying down!
RussH is offline  
Old 08-30-2018, 07:22 PM
  #18  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northern Ohio
Posts: 15,221
Default

Originally Posted by Ahoy Vay View Post


Too busy playing dungeons and dragons?
Never played that in my life. Madden NFL maybe.
Originally Posted by Finsinchessy View Post
I have worn few t shirt types inside out knowing I was stuck with a dirty job and I would look more presentable for something I would have do after work before I could change. I had no idea it was high fashion. I guess I did it backwards, should have worn it inside out at the days end.
It's been going on since the late 80's, you have been in the same parallel universe I have been.
Finsinchessy likes this.
RussH is offline  
Old 08-30-2018, 07:46 PM
  #19  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: St. Simons Island
Posts: 2,945
Default

Whats wrong with you? Dont you want your cultural enrichment? We have so much to learn from people wearing their pants around their knees and their shirts backwards and singing about hos, money, killin and pu$$y whilst having no job, 9 illegitimate children and car rims that cost more than their house... but I digress...
SEATOAD is offline  
Old 08-30-2018, 08:00 PM
  #20  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: WI
Posts: 237
Default

What about all the “dumb” things you did as a kid? Long hair, parachute pants, tight roll on the pants, jelly bracelets, holes in jeans, Chuck Taylors, etc. The list can go on and on and it will continue to go on and on with each new generation. It’s part of life.
mattttt25 and Reel E like this.
SouthpawHD is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread