Notices

Anyone read X-rays here??

Old 06-04-2018, 08:11 AM
  #1  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGERPLEDGER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Struggleville
Posts: 7,536
Likes: 0
Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Anyone read X-rays here??

Feet 32 years later from military accidents. Images were taken in 2004 I think. They've now developed CRPS. Gonna sell my car for Ketamine Infusion Therapy to try to control the pain.

Name:  IMG_0941_zpsq6bylhzq.jpg
Views: 1305
Size:  71.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0940_zpspcjwsfhc.jpg
Views: 1303
Size:  80.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0939_zpsj8zwvqdw.jpg
Views: 1291
Size:  80.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0938_zpshdfnpdcu.jpg
Views: 1298
Size:  75.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0937_zpsqgaos17g.jpg
Views: 1305
Size:  74.5 KB
Old 06-04-2018, 08:16 AM
  #2  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 2,269
Likes: 0
Received 740 Likes on 409 Posts
Default

Looks like you have a rock stuck between you're toes.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:19 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,620
Received 1,412 Likes on 874 Posts
Default

I know nothing more about either CPRS or ketamine infusion therapy beyond what I just googled.

One thing that I'm now strongly recommending to anyone with joint pain is to at least try CBD oil. It's legal and can be bought OTC.

I've had primary osteoarthritis in my knee for going on 15 years now. No relief from ibuprofen, naproxen, acetaminophen, or any other combination of OTC treatments. I mean no relief. Good relief from the first cortisone shot and none at all from the second. I was staring down the barrel of a partial knee replacement at 36.

Read something on CBD oil, and found a few early studies showing actual effect on arthritis pain and bought a bottle. Two days in and I don't even think about my knee anymore, aside from twinge here and there. Two months in and still going strong. 100% changed my day to day life.

Check out Charlotte's Web, a company that has been making CBD oil for nearly a decade. It runs $70 for a month's supply, but it's been revolutionary for me.

At least try it before you sell your car!
Old 06-04-2018, 10:21 AM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,277
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts
Default

ketamine infusion pump doesnt work. think about a spinal cord stimulator , the new technology is by nevro, which is high frequency dorsal column stimulation. works great for neuropathic pain, including crps I/II. btw looks like you have a calcane fracture.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:25 AM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nashville, 'Merica!
Posts: 1,658
Received 2,914 Likes on 1,259 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MattGoose View Post
I know nothing more about either CPRS or ketamine infusion therapy beyond what I just googled.

One thing that I'm now strongly recommending to anyone with joint pain is to at least try CBD oil. It's legal and can be bought OTC.

I've had primary osteoarthritis in my knee for going on 15 years now. No relief from ibuprofen, naproxen, acetaminophen, or any other combination of OTC treatments. I mean no relief. Good relief from the first cortisone shot and none at all from the second. I was staring down the barrel of a partial knee replacement at 36.

Read something on CBD oil, and found a few early studies showing actual effect on arthritis pain and bought a bottle. Two days in and I don't even think about my knee anymore, aside from twinge here and there. Two months in and still going strong. 100% changed my day to day life.

Check out Charlotte's Web, a company that has been making CBD oil for nearly a decade. It runs $70 for a month's supply, but it's been revolutionary for me.

At least try it before you sell your car!
Curious about this. Do you apply to problem area or just get it in your system.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:26 AM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: At end of the Chesapeake Bay
Posts: 394
Received 172 Likes on 80 Posts
Default

If all that happened while on active duty, you can file a disability claim and once approved, the VA will pay for it. BTW, your service has already prepaid any medical attention you will even need.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:28 AM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
williamwallus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: SWFL, Midwest
Posts: 3,300
Received 739 Likes on 411 Posts
Default

If you need a place for lab tested CBD oil pm me, use it myself
Old 06-04-2018, 10:46 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Perdido Key
Posts: 6,353
Received 461 Likes on 333 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Wingnutt View Post
If all that happened while on active duty, you can file a disability claim and once approved, the VA will pay for it. BTW, your service has already prepaid any medical attention you will even need.
This, I was hurt on active duty and received a disability rating back in 05. They pay for care and I get a check once a month for my injury.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:53 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,620
Received 1,412 Likes on 874 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Marlin308 View Post
Curious about this. Do you apply to problem area or just get it in your system.
Originally Posted by williamwallus View Post
If you need a place for lab tested CBD oil pm me, use it myself
Charlotte's Web is lab certified, etc. I'm sure there other good options - Floyd's is a good one.

They have oral and topical options. The topicals are STINKY, so I stick with the pills. They have both an actual oil and pill. I run with the 35mg ones and am very, very happy.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:34 AM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: sarasota
Posts: 3,643
Likes: 0
Received 402 Likes on 193 Posts
Default

Crps has nothing to do with your X-rays or bones....but you knew that..
Old 06-04-2018, 11:40 AM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location:
Posts: 388
Received 263 Likes on 121 Posts
Default

I came across this, this morning...
Pain cream helps patients eliminate oral medication - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC
Might be worth a try...

LAKE CHARLES, LA (KPLC) - Marie Gentry was diagnosed with osteoporosis, neuropathy, and scoliosis. She was living a life full of pain until she read a story on KPLC and met doctor Craig Morton and his creation of Acuplus.

"My husband had to take care of me and take me to all the appointments and everything after 8 and a half months. And I got on the appointment, I got in that car and I've been driving since," Gentry says.

Now with torn rotator cuffs and a continuation of her other painful diagnoses, Gentry rarely takes medication for the pain.

Doctor Craig Morton at the center for orthopedics created Acuplus as a way to help patients who can’t take regular pain medication.

"So many of my patients had limitations to taking medication whether it was trying to fight opioid addiction," Morton says, "Maybe they had side effects affecting the kidney, liver, stomach. Topical pain cream helped our variety of patients over the years and I felt like because I was in a position to treat people all day long, I could see what was working and wasn't working."

As patients tried different creams, Doctor Morton found the perfect mixture. Morton says, "Several of our ingredients have both pain-relieving properties and anti-inflammatory properties. So in addition to that, are ingredients have been known to decrease nerve pain and even being suggested as topical muscle relaxers"

Now, FDA approved, Doctor Morton is watching his patients flourish with the cream.

"It's really helping my patients improve their function,” Doctor Morton says, “They're able to do more and decrease pain and decrease the need for opioids and oral pain medication."

For Gentry, it’s been life-changing. "I don't go anywhere without putting my Acuplus on that's the first thing in the morning or last thing at night and in between in the daytime," she says.

You can purchase Acuplus on www.acuplus.com or at Imperial Health Center for Orthopedics.

Old 06-04-2018, 12:00 PM
  #12  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 3,750
Likes: 0
Received 698 Likes on 426 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by crossthread View Post
I came across this, this morning...
Pain cream helps patients eliminate oral medication - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC
Might be worth a try...

LAKE CHARLES, LA (KPLC) - Marie Gentry was diagnosed with osteoporosis, neuropathy, and scoliosis. She was living a life full of pain until she read a story on KPLC and met doctor Craig Morton and his creation of Acuplus.

"My husband had to take care of me and take me to all the appointments and everything after 8 and a half months. And I got on the appointment, I got in that car and I've been driving since," Gentry says.

Now with torn rotator cuffs and a continuation of her other painful diagnoses, Gentry rarely takes medication for the pain.

Doctor Craig Morton at the center for orthopedics created Acuplus as a way to help patients who can’t take regular pain medication.

"So many of my patients had limitations to taking medication whether it was trying to fight opioid addiction," Morton says, "Maybe they had side effects affecting the kidney, liver, stomach. Topical pain cream helped our variety of patients over the years and I felt like because I was in a position to treat people all day long, I could see what was working and wasn't working."

As patients tried different creams, Doctor Morton found the perfect mixture. Morton says, "Several of our ingredients have both pain-relieving properties and anti-inflammatory properties. So in addition to that, are ingredients have been known to decrease nerve pain and even being suggested as topical muscle relaxers"

Now, FDA approved, Doctor Morton is watching his patients flourish with the cream.

"It's really helping my patients improve their function,” Doctor Morton says, “They're able to do more and decrease pain and decrease the need for opioids and oral pain medication."

For Gentry, it’s been life-changing. "I don't go anywhere without putting my Acuplus on that's the first thing in the morning or last thing at night and in between in the daytime," she says.

You can purchase Acuplus on www.acuplus.com or at Imperial Health Center for Orthopedics.

Sounds exactly like an infomercial. No risk and your money will be refunded at anytime. All it needs is an energetic bloke with an English accent pitching it.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:06 PM
  #13  
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,765
Likes: 0
Received 2,130 Likes on 1,134 Posts
Default

Per those XRAYS, you gonna die!

JJ man, I hope the treatment you get helps you out.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:20 PM
  #14  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: AL
Posts: 4,379
Received 645 Likes on 356 Posts
Default

id be a little worried about the giant bone spur on your cuneiform pushing on your peroneal nerve. maybe get a second opinion before selling the car.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:32 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,620
Received 1,412 Likes on 874 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by crossthread View Post
I came across this, this morning...
Pain cream helps patients eliminate oral medication - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC
Might be worth a try...

LAKE CHARLES, LA (KPLC) - Marie Gentry was diagnosed with osteoporosis, neuropathy, and scoliosis. She was living a life full of pain until she read a story on KPLC and met doctor Craig Morton and his creation of Acuplus.

"My husband had to take care of me and take me to all the appointments and everything after 8 and a half months. And I got on the appointment, I got in that car and I've been driving since," Gentry says.

Now with torn rotator cuffs and a continuation of her other painful diagnoses, Gentry rarely takes medication for the pain.

Doctor Craig Morton at the center for orthopedics created Acuplus as a way to help patients who can’t take regular pain medication.

"So many of my patients had limitations to taking medication whether it was trying to fight opioid addiction," Morton says, "Maybe they had side effects affecting the kidney, liver, stomach. Topical pain cream helped our variety of patients over the years and I felt like because I was in a position to treat people all day long, I could see what was working and wasn't working."

As patients tried different creams, Doctor Morton found the perfect mixture. Morton says, "Several of our ingredients have both pain-relieving properties and anti-inflammatory properties. So in addition to that, are ingredients have been known to decrease nerve pain and even being suggested as topical muscle relaxers"

Now, FDA approved, Doctor Morton is watching his patients flourish with the cream.

"It's really helping my patients improve their function,” Doctor Morton says, “They're able to do more and decrease pain and decrease the need for opioids and oral pain medication."

For Gentry, it’s been life-changing. "I don't go anywhere without putting my Acuplus on that's the first thing in the morning or last thing at night and in between in the daytime," she says.

You can purchase Acuplus on www.acuplus.com or at Imperial Health Center for Orthopedics.

No. No. No.

It is not FDA approved. It is FDA registered, which means precisely nothing:

https://www.truthinadvertising.org/f...ts-difference/

Ingredients, none of which to the best of my knowledge are FDA approved:
Glucosamine
Magnesium
Arnica
Menthol
Will Bark Extract
Boswellia Serrata Extract
Vitamin B6
Aloe
Vitamin E
Methylsulfonylmenthane
Ilex

I'm not aware of any studies showing any positive pain reduction effect of any of those ingredients. If I'm wrong a-ok, but I'm hesitant of anything where the news is incorrectly citing the FDA review status.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:01 PM
  #16  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGERPLEDGER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Struggleville
Posts: 7,536
Likes: 0
Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mwgoldman View Post
id be a little worried about the giant bone spur on your cuneiform pushing on your peroneal nerve. maybe get a second opinion before selling the car.
Xray was taken in 2004, damage happened in 86/87, pain started back when it happened and is now causing the crps in both feet. Both feet are almost exactly the same as you can see in the xrays. I've tried getting my dr's to cut them off just to be rid of the pain. NO amount of pain medication will stop what is going on now with these dam feet. They turn all different colors, all toe nails have these weird ridges like ruffles ridges potato chips. But man I tell ya, I have so other diseases that are supposed to be some of the most painful there is. NOTHING compares to these feet, but they don't do it all the time, mainly at night/am. CBD oil is ILLEGAL in GA (for those of you mentioning it) so please don't offer or advise........... PLEASE. You will go to PRISON for a LONG TIME in GA for CBD oil. Weighs out same as marijuana. Not going there. Please don't argue with me, I live here, I've researched, I know. I could get on the CBD oil "list" but you cant have ANY other pain meds, cant own a gun, no CC............. nothing. So I'll pass. Gonna try the Ketamine infusion because it's the go to for CRPS on the CRPS forums. I hear the VA in Colorado is building a facility just for ketamine infustions for PTSD. mwgoldman, your are right about the nerve, it's like walking on hot coals of razor blades. Really bad thing is that my spine is the same way, bone spurs at every level, one so big in my neck it keeps me from swallowing..
Old 06-04-2018, 01:18 PM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,620
Received 1,412 Likes on 874 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Bugbuster View Post
Xray was taken in 2004, damage happened in 86/87, pain started back when it happened and is now causing the crps in both feet. Both feet are almost exactly the same as you can see in the xrays. I've tried getting my dr's to cut them off just to be rid of the pain. NO amount of pain medication will stop what is going on now with these dam feet. They turn all different colors, all toe nails have these weird ridges like ruffles ridges potato chips. But man I tell ya, I have so other diseases that are supposed to be some of the most painful there is. NOTHING compares to these feet, but they don't do it all the time, mainly at night/am. CBD oil is ILLEGAL in GA (for those of you mentioning it) so please don't offer or advise........... PLEASE. You will go to PRISON for a LONG TIME in GA for CBD oil. Weighs out same as marijuana. Not going there. Please don't argue with me, I live here, I've researched, I know. I could get on the CBD oil "list" but you cant have ANY other pain meds, cant own a gun, no CC............. nothing. So I'll pass. Gonna try the Ketamine infusion because it's the go to for CRPS on the CRPS forums. I hear the VA in Colorado is building a facility just for ketamine infustions for PTSD. mwgoldman, your are right about the nerve, it's like walking on hot coals of razor blades. Really bad thing is that my spine is the same way, bone spurs at every level, one so big in my neck it keeps me from swallowing..
Wow - that sounds miserable - I'm very sorry to hear you going through it all.

We'll move the CBD elsewhere, got it.

Best of luck, and I hope you find relief.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:34 PM
  #18  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: sarasota
Posts: 3,643
Likes: 0
Received 402 Likes on 193 Posts
Default

Sympathetic nerve block work? Lyrica?
Old 06-04-2018, 01:53 PM
  #19  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: West Point Lake
Posts: 51
Likes: 0
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Bugbuster View Post
Xray was taken in 2004, damage happened in 86/87, pain started back when it happened and is now causing the crps in both feet. Both feet are almost exactly the same as you can see in the xrays. I've tried getting my dr's to cut them off just to be rid of the pain. NO amount of pain medication will stop what is going on now with these dam feet. They turn all different colors, all toe nails have these weird ridges like ruffles ridges potato chips. But man I tell ya, I have so other diseases that are supposed to be some of the most painful there is. NOTHING compares to these feet, but they don't do it all the time, mainly at night/am. CBD oil is ILLEGAL in GA (for those of you mentioning it) so please don't offer or advise........... PLEASE. You will go to PRISON for a LONG TIME in GA for CBD oil. Weighs out same as marijuana. Not going there. Please don't argue with me, I live here, I've researched, I know. I could get on the CBD oil "list" but you cant have ANY other pain meds, cant own a gun, no CC............. nothing. So I'll pass. Gonna try the Ketamine infusion because it's the go to for CRPS on the CRPS forums. I hear the VA in Colorado is building a facility just for ketamine infustions for PTSD. mwgoldman, your are right about the nerve, it's like walking on hot coals of razor blades. Really bad thing is that my spine is the same way, bone spurs at every level, one so big in my neck it keeps me from swallowing..

Where are you getting this info. Everything I know says CBD is definitely legal in Georgia. Matter of fact, I know multiple people that sell it, including one doctor.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:54 PM
  #20  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGERPLEDGER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Struggleville
Posts: 7,536
Likes: 0
Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gumpire View Post
Sympathetic nerve block work? Lyrica?
Been there, done that. Helped a little a first but like everything else it stops. I wish pain was like the medications designed to treat it.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.