Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

Kid runs over Mother and toddler on Bayshore Boulevard at 100 MPH.

Notices
Like Tree22Likes

Kid runs over Mother and toddler on Bayshore Boulevard at 100 MPH.

Old 06-03-2018, 01:00 PM
  #41  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,054
Default

Speed tables on bayshore would fix this but just like the idiot libs that don't want their child's school to look like a prison they will shoot that idea down because it will slow their commute.
MercuryMan200 is offline  
Old 06-03-2018, 06:16 PM
  #42  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 11
Default

Ive said similar things before... but this kid needs to be put through a wood chipper in a very public place.
It’s really long past time to hold our youth responsible for there actions.
Parents too, but at a point “bad childhood” doesn’t cut it.
Jim henscheli is offline  
Old 06-03-2018, 07:03 PM
  #43  
V13
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,983
Default

I agree that this kid deserves to go feet first through a wood chipper.

That said... I'm scratching my head, wondering why a pedestrian would not notice a car going a zillion MPH down Bayshore.

Before you throw rocks at my insensitivity, I'll reiterate: this was negligent homicide, at least, and the kid is to blame, and should fry.

But how do you not hear that car coming? Was she wearing headphones, or lost in her phone, or something?

Part of staying alive and healthy is being alert to the idiots that surround us.
V13 is offline  
Old 06-03-2018, 08:07 PM
  #44  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: One bridge south of Clearwater Beach
Posts: 1,137
Default

Originally Posted by V13 View Post
I agree that this kid deserves to go feet first through a wood chipper.

That said... I'm scratching my head, wondering why a pedestrian would not notice a car going a zillion MPH down Bayshore.

Before you throw rocks at my insensitivity, I'll reiterate: this was negligent homicide, at least, and the kid is to blame, and should fry.

But how do you not hear that car coming? Was she wearing headphones, or lost in her phone, or something?

Part of staying alive and healthy is being alert to the idiots that surround us.
I don't know where she was crossing or under what circumstances, but I can tell you we have a problem in this area of Florida with crosswalk. Cars must yield for pedestrians in crosswalks....problem is, they put crosswalks in odd places. Not only that, pedestrians seem to have this weird sense that cars must stop for them in crosswalks, so they just don't look. It's especially bad on the beach, but this area is not the beach and I don't know if a crosswalk was involved or not.

As I said, we have a huge problem with them on the beach for two reasons......1) people from out of state that are driving aren't familiar with them and either don't realize they are required to stop for them by law or just don't care. 2) pedestrians feel that since they have the right of way, the will just walk out into traffic without looking. They don't apply common sense, even if you have the right of way, you don't just step out into traffic without looking. I have literally seen people step into the crosswalk, looking the opposite direction, with a moving car less than 50' from them.....they didn't look to see if any cars were coming or if there were cars, did they have adequate distance/time to stop. I'm sorry, but dead is dead and severely injured is severely injured, wether you had the right of way or not....self preservation doesn't seem to kicking for them. Another problem is the actual crosswalks...they are not at intersections, they are in the middle of a stretch of 35 mph road. Some of them are just white lines painted on the black top, some of them they have actually removed a section of the road and laid bricks down that at least give a distinction and the good ones actually have a button the pedestrian can push that illuminates flashing yellow lights (the safest in my opinion). I almost hit a guy one night as he was walking across the street, the street lights were few and far between, he was not carrying a flashlight or anything of that nature and I saw him just in time and I hit the brakes....he walked in front of me, just pointing down at the crosswalk. I couldn't believe it, it was almost like he was daring me to hit him....common sense would tell me if I was a pedestrian on a poorly lit street and a car was coming, I would hang out for a few seconds until they passed and then continued to cross the street. This is a street that at night, it is not a steady stream of cars, you may 2-3 at a time and then have a minute or two before more come along.

As I said, I don't know if a crosswalk was involved in the tragedy on Bayshore, but it could be one answer to your question as to how it happens.
Diverboy is offline  
Old 06-03-2018, 08:08 PM
  #45  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: west tn
Posts: 754
Default

What is it with todays kids? We took the lead out of the paint. The food in the Gerber jars is organic/healthier. The classroom "3Rs" has been replaced by touchy feely/pinkolib gobbelty gook. Looney Toons and westerns were replaced by Ninja Turtles and Barney.... all that and yet todays kids are MORONS!!! I was 17 when I graduated highschool and my folks had some truly powerful machinery in the garage and I was allowed to drive all of it at times. Yeah I mighta done some "side by side acceleration competitions" on occasion but they were NEVER on busy streets and GOD FORBID they were never through a tourist area frequented by pedestrians.

LOTS of loss in this sad tragedy, obviously the lost mother/wife and injured child is first and foremost. But those kids that were racing have now severely changed their lives before they ever really got started. Article said it was moms Mustang, that family just got put in the crosshairs & likely will lose if not most, but ALOT of whatever they had prior. Injuries are one thing, death, especially under criminal negligence, is the most horrific cases we hear about in liability suits. The kid STILL doesn't realize what he's done not only to himself but to that dead wifes family and his own parents future!

I STILL get back to the "WTF are todays kids thinking?" When I was 17 I owned my own truck, boat and several guns. "On the surface" my folks were on the hook for ALOT of liability but that paled in comparison to the concern I had to PROTECT my own hide, my property and my folks sanity and all they had worked hard for. Todays kids just don't seem to even have much register on their radar....
HatchieLuvr is online now  
Old 06-04-2018, 12:53 AM
  #46  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: FL/HI
Posts: 961
Default

Originally Posted by HatchieLuvr View Post
What is it with todays kids? We took the lead out of the paint. The food in the Gerber jars is organic/healthier. The classroom "3Rs" has been replaced by touchy feely/pinkolib gobbelty gook. Looney Toons and westerns were replaced by Ninja Turtles and Barney.... all that and yet todays kids are MORONS!!! I was 17 when I graduated highschool and my folks had some truly powerful machinery in the garage and I was allowed to drive all of it at times. Yeah I mighta done some "side by side acceleration competitions" on occasion but they were NEVER on busy streets and GOD FORBID they were never through a tourist area frequented by pedestrians.

LOTS of loss in this sad tragedy, obviously the lost mother/wife and injured child is first and foremost. But those kids that were racing have now severely changed their lives before they ever really got started. Article said it was moms Mustang, that family just got put in the crosshairs & likely will lose if not most, but ALOT of whatever they had prior. Injuries are one thing, death, especially under criminal negligence, is the most horrific cases we hear about in liability suits. The kid STILL doesn't realize what he's done not only to himself but to that dead wifes family and his own parents future!

I STILL get back to the "WTF are todays kids thinking?" When I was 17 I owned my own truck, boat and several guns. "On the surface" my folks were on the hook for ALOT of liability but that paled in comparison to the concern I had to PROTECT my own hide, my property and my folks sanity and all they had worked hard for. Todays kids just don't seem to even have much register on their radar....
Yeah... kids just recently became idiots. All kids. Don't want to exclude anyone.
chrispnet likes this.
rudeskawn is online now  
Old 06-04-2018, 03:00 AM
  #47  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: 29 North Florida
Posts: 1,350
Default

Advertisements, kids are affected, look at the Dodge commercials showing the cares racing down the street, to many they cannot equate the reality from the dangers, should I have mentioned video games as well.
29 NORTH is offline  
Old 06-04-2018, 04:36 AM
  #48  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,419
Default

Originally Posted by rudeskawn View Post
Yeah... kids just recently became idiots. All kids. Don't want to exclude anyone.
Yep. This is nothing new. I've got plenty of 50 yo old anecdotes to verify it.
chrispnet is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread