Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

White House Visit, (non political)

Notices
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By VBAngler88
  • 1 Post By rbhankins001
  • 1 Post By spraynet 1
  • 1 Post By David2
  • 1 Post By Rapi
  • 1 Post By netjob

White House Visit, (non political)

Old 05-30-2018, 04:06 PM
  #1  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 677
Default White House Visit, (non political)

Help me understand.
How does a person with no ties, or talent, get to visit with the President of the United States to discuss the release of her Great Grandmother's release from prison? GGMother was involved with a 50mil. smuggling operation which involved Pablo Escobar. This person meeting with the POTUS is only known for being born from an attorney who got a murderer off, giving mouth hugs to rappers, and athletes, and writing a selfie book.
I don't get it?
floridian is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 04:24 PM
  #2  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: pascagoula,ms
Posts: 9,035
Default

bluffman2 is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 04:26 PM
  #3  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,344
Default

Pay to play, baby.
nicecast is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 04:51 PM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Lewes, DE
Posts: 10,249
Default

Yeah, this is about as political as it gets.
TorFed is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 04:59 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 666
Default

I would think Kanye's support would go further than anything else in setting up this meeting. I have never liked the guy but after his recent interview on TMZ, the guy, he spits the truth!
tartuffe is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 05:11 PM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Palm City FL
Posts: 309
Default

Originally Posted by floridian View Post
Help me understand.
How does a person with no ties, or talent, get to visit with the President of the United States to discuss the release of her Great Grandmother's release from prison? GGMother was involved with a 50mil. smuggling operation which involved Pablo Escobar. This person meeting with the POTUS is only known for being born from an attorney who got a murderer off, giving mouth hugs to rappers, and athletes, and writing a selfie book.
I don't get it?

You must not have seen her video.... she’s got talent!
floridian likes this.
VBAngler88 is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 05:16 PM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 2,069
Default

Isn't it par for the course for a non-conventional presidency? That's not a dig, the president can grant audience to whoever he wants, and Trump doesn't stick to any of the political niceties in any other area of his presidency, so why would he worry about dignity of his guests either?
WalkingTheDocks is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 05:17 PM
  #8  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: At the floaters . . .
Posts: 9,317
Default

T and A

downfall of many a man
Lprizman likes this.
rbhankins001 is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 05:21 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 253
Default

Why y,all miss Bill Ayres . I might ask how does an America hating terrorist get 100s of trips ,on that's right o started his campaign for Congress at bills house
vincentdivincenzo is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 06:05 PM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
spraynet 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sanford, FL
Posts: 7,213
Default

Originally Posted by rbhankins001 View Post
T and A

downfall of many a man

LORD ain't that the truth!!!!!

Can I get an AMEN, I say, AMEN brothers?
Lprizman likes this.
spraynet 1 is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 06:16 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
David2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: SE PA & NC
Posts: 2,221
Default

I don't think it’s her grandmother.

Anyways, I don’t get her fame but she has about 100 million followers on social media. Now contrast that to the eyes watching the number one TV show or the combined viewers of all TV news programs.
TheBigWhit likes this.
David2 is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 11:05 PM
  #12  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: The Pork & Beans
Posts: 2,840
Default

My understanding is, she is lobbying our president as part of HIS prison reform platform.

KK said she found out about the woman online. I only heard part of the story, but the woman is 62yo, has spent the last 25 years in prison on a life sentence without parole for a first time drug offense. Life sentence without parole for what? I know a murderer who did less than two years locked up.

KK approached Jared Kushner with the story. Kushner referred it to our president. Our president is likely to pardon the woman, a move which I would support.

==>Rapi

GetRapi.com
RyanL11 likes this.
Rapi is offline  
Old 05-31-2018, 02:53 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Brookline, Ma.
Posts: 1,690
Default

She SUCKS............................................. ...............................
D.M.D. is offline  
Old 05-31-2018, 03:50 AM
  #14  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,344
Default

Originally Posted by Rapi View Post
My understanding is, she is lobbying our president as part of HIS prison reform platform.

KK said she found out about the woman online. I only heard part of the story, but the woman is 62yo, has spent the last 25 years in prison on a life sentence without parole for a first time drug offense. Life sentence without parole for what? I know a murderer who did less than two years locked up.

KK approached Jared Kushner with the story. Kushner referred it to our president. Our president is likely to pardon the woman, a move which I would support.

==>Rapi

GetRapi.com
I agree with you. Although, when you say she committed a "first time drug offense" this is technically true, but somewhat misleading: she was convicted on eight counts of being a leader of a multimillion dollar drug ring. Just to be clear.

Also, I wonder how many of those who support Trump giving relief to this non-violent offender serving a long sentence... were also supportive when past presidents did the same thing?
nicecast is offline  
Old 05-31-2018, 04:30 AM
  #15  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Lewes, DE
Posts: 10,249
Default

Originally Posted by nicecast View Post
I agree with you. Although, when you say she committed a "first time drug offense" this is technically true, but somewhat misleading: she was convicted on eight counts of being a leader of a multimillion dollar drug ring. Just to be clear.

Also, I wonder how many of those who support Trump giving relief to this non-violent offender serving a long sentence... were also supportive when past presidents did the same thing?
Saying the leader of a multi-million dollar drug ring was not a violent criminal is a bit misleading. How many overdoses, shootings, etc... were done directly because of either her orders, or her existence running that drug ring and her drugs?
TorFed is offline  
Old 05-31-2018, 04:33 AM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 354
Default

So we blame the drug dealers but not the drugs. #DRUGCONTROL
Lprizman likes this.
netjob is offline  
Old 05-31-2018, 05:03 AM
  #17  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
PLEDGER
 
Bruce W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: VA
Posts: 14,973
Default

Originally Posted by rbhankins001 View Post
T and BIG, FAT A

downfall of many a man
And it makes no matter what they are CONNECTED to!

Regards,
Bruce W is offline  
Old 05-31-2018, 05:42 AM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: One bridge south of Clearwater Beach
Posts: 1,039
Default

Didn't the winners of the Super Bowl get an invite to the White House? Haven't many sports teams in the past be invited to the White House after their championship victories? Those aren't political visits.....maybe you don't have a problem with them because you like to watch sports? Numerous people/groups have made non political visits to the White House in the past. Why does this one bother you so much?
Diverboy is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread