Notices
Like Tree113Likes

Pizza Delivery Problem

Old 05-30-2018, 07:22 AM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 80
Default Pizza Delivery Problem

Saturday night, I called the pizza place I have used for 25 years. Ordered 2 large pizzas. She said it would be $31. I asked her to knock a few bucks off for being a loyal customer for 25 years, asked for super-duper coupon price (just like I always do - and they always comply). She said there was a coupon that would make it $27, and came with a 64 oz soda. I told her OK, but keep the soda. She said No, cant do that. I said just throw the soda in the trash for me then. She said No - can't do that. Finally I asked her to tell the delivery driver to just keep the soda - NOPE! 2 pizzas without a soda will be $31!

WTF? I'm trying to save them a few cents, but they refuse. Told them to stuff it and found a new favorite pizza delivery place.
Fish Haid is online now  
Old 05-30-2018, 07:23 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: S Dartmouth, MA
Posts: 1,754
Default

"HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME TAKE WHAT I PAID FOR?"

So you beg for a discount.
She gives you the discount (that she didn't need to give you) and it even comes with a soda.
Then you get mad when they say you need to keep the soda?
likwid is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 07:24 AM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
creditcardguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Slidell, LA
Posts: 3,994
Default

I'm sure they will miss you terribly...
Trayder, nicecast, bikem and 4 others like this.
creditcardguy is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 07:25 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cape Fear, NC
Posts: 11,490
Default

Use it for target practice like Hickock 45.
back at it is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 07:25 AM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,675
Default

The person answering the phone was just covering their butt, because for all they know is that you'll call back and complain that you didn't get your soda. I'm not sure why it was so hard for you to just take the soda, or give it to the delivery guy.
RyanL11 is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 07:29 AM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 5,098
Default

Originally Posted by creditcardguy View Post
I'm sure they will miss you terribly...
LOL

No doubt the strategy here was to make this guy go away.
snagged line likes this.
Qb1rdman is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 07:32 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Satellite Beach, FL
Posts: 664
Default

were you essentially asking for a senior discount, because you sound like a crotchety old man. Why do you/people think you deserve a discount just b/c you've eaten there for years?
chad.sfds is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 07:36 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Turtle9343's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,540
Default

Originally Posted by chad.sfds View Post
were you essentially asking for a senior discount, because you sound like a crotchety old man. Why do you/people think you deserve a discount just b/c you've eaten there for years?
I've been trying this with my mortgage company. "I've been a customer of yours for 20 years. How about a little discount this time." So far, no luck.
Turtle9343 is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 07:38 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: S Dartmouth, MA
Posts: 1,754
Default

Originally Posted by Turtle9343 View Post
I've been trying this with my mortgage company. "I've been a customer of yours for 20 years. How about a little discount this time." So far, no luck.
You forgot to tell them another mortgage company was now your favorite.
RyanL11 and Turtle9343 like this.
likwid is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 07:38 AM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pismo Beach, Ca.
Posts: 3,831
Default

Sounds like you pretty much screwed yourself. Why not just take the fn soda and dump it out if you don't want it.
rainmaker, THT Mod 9 and cpsdad like this.
Mark Y is online now  
Old 05-30-2018, 07:40 AM
  #11  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Lewes, DE
Posts: 10,259
Default

If I was on the phone and someone asked me for a discount, I would have had a god laugh and told them to have a nice day.
TorFed is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 07:41 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,430
Default

If you were worried about their bottom line pay the original amount. If you want the deal, take the soda. Hopefully the girl answering the phone hasn't been working at the pizza place for 25 years so she doesn't know what your deal is. Maybe you have ordered 5 pizzas a year for the last 25 years and not deserving of a discount?
Blythe1022 is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 07:43 AM
  #13  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
creditcardguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Slidell, LA
Posts: 3,994
Default

First mistake - you should have asked for the super duper NO SODA coupon price!! Lesson learned.
creditcardguy is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 07:45 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
David2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: SE PA & NC
Posts: 2,221
Default

Could it be that some of you actually believe these stories.......?
David2 is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 07:45 AM
  #15  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Garett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 24,119
Default

Originally Posted by Fish Haid View Post
Saturday night, I called the pizza place I have used for 25 years. Ordered 2 large pizzas. She said it would be $31. I asked her to knock a few bucks off for being a loyal customer for 25 years, asked for super-duper coupon price (just like I always do - and they always comply). She said there was a coupon that would make it $27, and came with a 64 oz soda. I told her OK, but keep the soda. She said No, cant do that. I said just throw the soda in the trash for me then. She said No - can't do that. Finally I asked her to tell the delivery driver to just keep the soda - NOPE! 2 pizzas without a soda will be $31!

WTF? I'm trying to save them a few cents, but they refuse. Told them to stuff it and found a new favorite pizza delivery place.
...boy you're not quite the problem solving type of guy are you?
bikem, csy man and alfnator like this.
Garett is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 07:49 AM
  #16  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 11,836
Default

Tell them to deliver the soda with the pizza...then give it to the driver.
Wolakrab is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 07:51 AM
  #17  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 8,774
Default

Originally Posted by likwid View Post
"HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME TAKE WHAT I PAID FOR?"

So you beg for a discount.
She gives you the discount (that she didn't need to give you) and it even comes with a soda.
Then you get mad when they say you need to keep the soda?
Dirty Bastards...
richinct is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 07:55 AM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seacoast NH
Posts: 6,189
Default

64 oz of soda!! Do people really consume that much crap when eating a pizza? I would bet I don't drink 64oz of soda in two years.
Boat Hound is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 07:56 AM
  #19  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
creditcardguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Slidell, LA
Posts: 3,994
Default

Originally Posted by David2 View Post
Could it be that some of you actually believe these stories.......?
We're not all as wise as you, DB2. Clearly.
creditcardguy is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 07:59 AM
  #20  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Athens, GA/ Pine Harbor, Ga
Posts: 3,704
Default

Sometimes a customer needs to be fired.
Dillard88 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread