Notices
Like Tree36Likes

Morgan Freeman

Old 05-30-2018, 05:30 PM
  #61  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 2,094
Default

Originally Posted by Saltydawg15 View Post
Rape is what Cosby did and what Weinstein apparently did and others like Kevin Spacey preyed on under age boys, they should be hung, guys like Freeman and Luis CK flirted or tried to get some action but were rejected and went their way. Should they be painted by the same brush?
I agree with you, they shouldn't be lumped in as the same offense. But the fact is that sexual harassers, sexual misconduct, and sexual abusers, are painted with a similar brush because the complaints are similar in nature.

Also, you keep saying "flirted". Luis CK repeatedly asked different business associates if he could masturbate in front of them, and in some cases did. Morgan Freeman is being accused of making repeated sexual comments, unwanted touching, and repeatedly trying to lift a woman's skirt in the workplace (that's one single accuser, among others). I don't know how you can attempt to minimize that to flirting like these guys are just chatting women up in the break room, the accusations are quite a bit more than that.

Originally Posted by Beuford T. Justice View Post
First of, he didn't try to pull up anyone's dress, but apparently he did tease as if he was going to try to.
Here's a quote from the article. How do you read this and determine that he didn't try to pull up anyone's dress? That's what it says he did, verbatim.

"kept trying to lift up my skirt and asking if I was wearing underwear." He never successfully lifted her skirt, she said -- he would touch it and try to lift it, she would move away, and then he'd try again.
WalkingTheDocks is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 05:33 PM
  #62  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 2,094
Default

Originally Posted by hensleyfish View Post
I initially was thinking some young lady was jumping in on a frivolous celebrity lawsuit, but his comments in the interview were far from miscommunicated compliments. I will say it's total BS for these women waiting 4, 8, 10, or 12 years to pursue. If it was an issue it should have been handled then.
What's an appropriate time limit for being comfortable risking your career challenging a powerful and/or famous superior over an issue? 1 month? 6 months? 12 months?

What about Cosby accusers who were drugged and raped? Is that BS as well that they came forward? Should he have gotten away with it because they didn't speak up fast enough?
WalkingTheDocks is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 06:02 PM
  #63  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,482
Default

Originally Posted by WalkingTheDocks View Post
I agree with you, they shouldn't be lumped in as the same offense. But the fact is that sexual harassers, sexual misconduct, and sexual abusers, are painted with a similar brush because the complaints are similar in nature.

Also, you keep saying "flirted". Luis CK repeatedly asked different business associates if he could masturbate in front of them, and in some cases did. Morgan Freeman is being accused of making repeated sexual comments, unwanted touching, and repeatedly trying to lift a woman's skirt in the workplace (that's one single accuser, among others). I don't know how you can attempt to minimize that to flirting like these guys are just chatting women up in the break room, the accusations are quite a bit more than that.



Here's a quote from the article. How do you read this and determine that he didn't try to pull up anyone's dress? That's what it says he did, verbatim.
I get Luis CK was dirty MFer but I don't see that any different than seeing a woman at a restaurant and asking her to come to his place for a night cap. He obviously was a lot more forward but did he force any body to do it? I just don't get women coming out years later (different if they were raped) Look at that Morgan Freeman tape and tell me what did he do?
Saltydawg15 is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 06:16 PM
  #64  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 4,447
Default

Originally Posted by ndb8fxe View Post
Just for argument's sake:
How exactly could a person court or show interest in another person and still fit into the "mother/wife/daughter" scenario?
And just to clarify:
Are you saying that it is only okay to interact with a woman(that you are interested in) the same way you would interact with your "mother/daughter?"

Does this mean that it is up to the female to make the move in order to get out of the "mother/daughter" zone?
In that case she would need to interact in a way that she would not act toward her father or son?

I have been married long enough that I have no idea how courtship works these days, so I really am curious how it is supposed to work. Does it require an app?
I'm in the same boat, been married 10 years and with the same girl for 15.

I'm pretty sure you will get sued if you go up to a girl and say, "Wow I love that dress, would you likt to grab a drink after work?"

However, texting a girl a picture of your dick on tinder and asking her if she is DTF is A Okay.
beber is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 06:46 PM
  #65  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 2,094
Default

Originally Posted by Saltydawg15 View Post


I get Luis CK was dirty MFer but I don't see that any different than seeing a woman at a restaurant and asking her to come to his place for a night cap. He obviously was a lot more forward but did he force any body to do it? I just don't get women coming out years later (different if they were raped) Look at that Morgan Freeman tape and tell me what did he do?

The difference is that it's in the workplace. You're right that hitting on women isn't wrong or dirty or violating, it's a normal part of a functioning social life. The problem with this stuff is that it's to colleagues or employees in a work environment.

It's also slightly different if a guy says "would you want to come out for a drink sometime?" vs "Do you want to see me pull out my junk and whack it?" in the same way it's different to say "Your hair looks nice today" and "Wow what a sweet pair of tits you've got" in a work setting.

I'll watch the Freeman tape, I haven't yet.
WalkingTheDocks is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 06:48 PM
  #66  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 2,094
Default

Originally Posted by beber View Post
I'm pretty sure you will get sued if you go up to a girl and say, "Wow I love that dress, would you likt to grab a drink after work?"
What would you base this opinion on? Has anyone been reprimanded for complimenting a woman's dress, or asking her out for a drink after work? Any single case of this being an issue?

Do you see how repeated physical contact, inappropriate comments, and attempted skirt lifting after multiple requests to stop, in a work environment, are different that your quote above?
WalkingTheDocks is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 06:57 PM
  #67  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,418
Default

You all would benefit from reading the “law”, and understanding as best you can what it does and doesn’t say. Further, distinguish your personal exposure vs. the company exposure under the law.


Lprizman likes this.
chrispnet is offline  
Old 05-31-2018, 06:31 AM
  #68  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 4,447
Default

Originally Posted by WalkingTheDocks View Post
What would you base this opinion on? Has anyone been reprimanded for complimenting a woman's dress, or asking her out for a drink after work? Any single case of this being an issue?

Do you see how repeated physical contact, inappropriate comments, and attempted skirt lifting after multiple requests to stop, in a work environment, are different that your quote above?
Perhaps you should read most major companies HR policies on the matter. Unwanted romantic advances can get you fired. I know they can at my office. Especially if the girl tries to be polite and says something like "Well I actually have plans tonight?" instead of saying, "No, I'm not interested" Then if the guy asks a smilar question the following week, because she never said no just she was busy on that day, you are now guilty of repeated unwanted advances.
Uncas likes this.
beber is offline  
Old 05-31-2018, 07:07 AM
  #69  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West of my Right mind...
Posts: 4,274
Default

And in the very least, a very black mark on your employment record.
And if you're already a supervisor, you most likely won't be much longer.
Uncas is offline  
Old 05-31-2018, 07:21 AM
  #70  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,592
Default

At one time, one employee of ibm said that looking over your shoulder while walking down the hall was grounds.

After Little Billy set the standards, what can you say about the acolytes??? It was not sex!!!

Morgan may go down, but:

Weinstien Will Ride Again!

wezie is offline  
Old 05-31-2018, 07:44 AM
  #71  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Miami & Key Largo
Posts: 644
Default

Originally Posted by ndb8fxe View Post
Just for argument's sake:
How exactly could a person court or show interest in another person and still fit into the "mother/wife/daughter" scenario?
And just to clarify:
Are you saying that it is only okay to interact with a woman(that you are interested in) the same way you would interact with your "mother/daughter?"
Does this mean that it is up to the female to make the move in order to get out of the "mother/daughter" zone?
In that case she would need to interact in a way that she would not act toward her father or son?

I have been married long enough that I have no idea how courtship works these days, so I really am curious how it is supposed to work. Does it require an app?
C'mon man does this really have to get explained? You want me to explain how court your mother or daughter? Is that what you're asking?
Quote from ndb8fxe
"Does this mean that it is up to the female to make the move in order to get out of the "mother/daughter" zone?

In that case she would need to interact in a way that she would not act toward her father or son?" WTF does this even mean ? You are seriously waaaaaaay overthinking this whole thing.....

We are talking 2 different things - being respectful (and not acting like a dirty old man) towards women in general and courtship. Believe or not, you can in fact,
flirt, be engaging and try to draw interest from the opposite sex without being a douche. No app required - I'm quite sure that "tactics" that worked 50 years ago still work today.
EdwardB is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread