The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum (https://www.thehulltruth.com/index.php)
-   Dockside Chat (https://www.thehulltruth.com/dockside-chat-18/)
-   -   People should learn to close a post... (https://www.thehulltruth.com/dockside-chat/934194-people-should-learn-close-post.html)

FL Bill 05-27-2018 04:17 PM

People should learn to close a post...
 
When I am bored I will look up old post on THT. I might be digging for repair info or maybe customization ideas. Why do people start a post and not "close" it? Or conclude it...know what I mean?

I'm a professional automotive technician. As such I am member of a lot of repair sites. Some for professionals only. When you post a "help me" or "WWYD" post follow it up with the fix or what you ended up doing!


THT is a great resource and as I read some of the old post I am continuously disappointed to find post after post from ALONG time ago that people were asking for help and never shared what fixed the issue. Or they just bought a boat and posted one time to find an answer and never posted again. There should be a rating system on here so people who contribute and share great ideas can get the credit they deserve! Maybe that is asking too much...but you get the idea. lol

:tht_rulez:

But for real....

Post title says "my HPDI will not plane" 20 people post follow up questions and ideas and the OP answers a FEW questions (or none) and NEVER says if he got it running and what was wrong. This type of post should start with Year of engine, size of engine and the make and size of boat. (and model too)

Turns out the JA had a 40hp on a 25' deep v... No wonder he could not get on a plane... (okay, that was my sad attempt at humor...and yes I made that up) :rofl:

But for real. People are taking the time to answer you and maybe you hope that your post will help others, well then, tell us what was the fix!

Okay...small rant over...:banghead:

Thoughts?

FL Bill

FL Bill 05-27-2018 04:25 PM

perfect example:
https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating...-ram-yeti.html

BlueRudy 05-27-2018 04:43 PM


Originally Posted by FL Bill (Post 11460050)
Why do people start a post and not "close" it? Or conclude it...know what I mean?

Turns out the JA had a 40hp on a 25' deep v... No wonder he could not get on a plain... (okay, that was my sad attempt at humor...and yes I made that up) :rofl:

Thoughts?

FL Bill

My thought... Best way to put an end to any thread is by you attempting a joke.

zigzag 05-27-2018 04:46 PM

good topic

Boataholic 05-27-2018 04:55 PM

OP, you need spell checker. It's "bored", not board. It's "Plane", not "plain".

carry on! :roll

FL Bill 05-27-2018 05:10 PM


Originally Posted by Boataholic (Post 11460152)
OP, you need spell checker. It's "bored", not board. It's "Plane", not "plain".

carry on! :roll

I do...I no I do.(just kidding, I know it is know!)..but I do not think I spelt it wrong...because I did not see any red lines! I need you to follow me and be my grammar Nazi.

Thanks for the heads up...

BlueRudy 05-27-2018 05:13 PM


Originally Posted by Boataholic (Post 11460152)
OP, you need spell checker. It's "bored", not board. It's "Plane", not "plain".

carry on! :roll

Will spell check catch those?

I always have trouble with bare / bear.... it's the reason I usually just go with "buck" naked.

Marlin308 05-27-2018 06:28 PM

I think you're asking too much of the THT community. For example, after 847 posts Tampa Girl still hasn't gotten out on a boat!

JP11283 05-27-2018 06:52 PM

I for one can't stand when people start a thread and

myyellas2k 05-27-2018 07:51 PM

Please - if you start a tech line case w work- do you go back and tell them what fixed it ????

i was searching Friday for something , at work, and the same thing your saying here was there - no response on what fixed it.

It is aggravating

Rapi 05-27-2018 08:50 PM

I mean, I get your point and all, but

LI Sound Grunt 05-27-2018 10:35 PM

Great post should be read by all. I like to think I share my fixes. But I will search the most recent and make sure. Thanks for posting I totally agree.

Gullpt 05-28-2018 01:42 AM

It's always disappointing when just left hanging.

Captain Twice Screwed 05-28-2018 03:21 AM


Originally Posted by FL Bill (Post 11460050)
When I am bored I will look up old post on THT. I might be digging for repair info or maybe customization ideas. Why do people start a post and not "close" it? Or conclude it...know what I mean?

I'm a professional automotive technician. As such I am member of a lot of repair sites. Some for professionals only. When you post a "help me" or "WWYD" post follow it up with the fix or what you ended up doing!


THT is a great resource and as I read some of the old post I am continuously disappointed to find post after post from ALONG time ago that people were asking for help and never shared what fixed the issue. Or they just bought a boat and posted one time to find an answer and never posted again. There should be a rating system on here so people who contribute and share great ideas can get the credit they deserve! Maybe that is asking too much...but you get the idea. lol

:tht_rulez:

But for real....

Post title says "my HPDI will not plane" 20 people post follow up questions and ideas and the OP answers a FEW questions (or none) and NEVER says if he got it running and what was wrong. This type of post should start with Year of engine, size of engine and the make and size of boat. (and model too)

Turns out the JA had a 40hp on a 25' deep v... No wonder he could not get on a plane... (okay, that was my sad attempt at humor...and yes I made that up) :rofl:

But for real. People are taking the time to answer you and maybe you hope that your post will help others, well then, tell us what was the fix!

Okay...small rant over...:banghead:

Thoughts?

FL Bill

I'm with you, I was going to start a thread about just generally getting back to people who have reached out to help in order to give them some love and close out the topic!

Say thanks and let them know what was the solution to whatever problem you were posting...

MercuryMan200 05-28-2018 04:43 AM

Can we have this thread closed?

Alureing 05-28-2018 04:59 AM

Bump lol...

barrell 05-28-2018 05:06 AM

Bugs me also when we never find out what the problem and solution was. I also wish everyone would have their location in their signature. Many answers are location based so if we dont know where you are, how can we answer you?

muskrattown 05-28-2018 05:08 AM

Totally agree with OP. Was just thinking the same thing yesterday. THT is not nearly as bad as another boat site I visit.

Lprizman 05-28-2018 05:29 AM

So the only and best way to conclude i

Mine Now 05-28-2018 05:44 AM


Originally Posted by MercuryMan200 (Post 11460890)
Can we have this thread closed?



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.9.3.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.