Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

People should learn to close a post...

Notices
Like Tree20Likes

People should learn to close a post...

Old 05-28-2018, 06:17 AM
  #21  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 253
Default

Yep OP is right.
I closed the Proline post.I had it fixed .and let you folks know ,because I was happy Y'all took YOUR time to help me.
Just common courtesy.
All the best~!
Vince
FL Bill likes this.
vincentdivincenzo is offline  
Old 05-28-2018, 07:48 AM
  #22  
Senior Member
 
crazybeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Tropico
Posts: 5,807
Default

I don't think their is a "close thread" or "mark resolved" feature on this bored, and even if you comment later no won reads the follow up comments anyway so you're thread can get bumped even years later.
Boataholic likes this.
crazybeard is offline  
Old 05-28-2018, 07:52 AM
  #23  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Louisissippi Coast
Posts: 12,388
Default

I agree OP.
Paul Barnard is offline  
Old 05-28-2018, 07:56 AM
  #24  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Saint Petersburg, Florida
Posts: 562
Default

Originally Posted by myyellas2k View Post
Please - if you start a tech line case w work- do you go back and tell them what fixed it ????

i was searching Friday for something , at work, and the same thing your saying here was there - no response on what fixed it.

It is aggravating
I may have an "open" post or two on here but they may not be fixed yet or I am just not done with the repair. At my work I think I always close my cases, we call them "tech help request", unless they never had a resolution, but even then I have a summery of what I learned and tested or checked. (and found) Sometimes the replies are worth more then the comments or follow ups of the OP.


BTW I am amazed at how much information is here on THT. A lot of "old salts" with a lot of combined sea time and knowledge of maritime law and vessel handling. Even just experience! I was always taught if you want to succeed at something to surround yourself with people smarter and/or people with more experience than yourself. I consider my self smart and able to figure out a lot of complex systems on may things, but know there are things I have never done as well. Sometimes it is about how to best evaluate and tackle a project.


FLB
FL Bill is offline  
Old 05-28-2018, 09:18 AM
  #25  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Garett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 24,168
Default

Originally Posted by FL Bill View Post
When I am bored I will look up old post on THT. I might be digging for repair info or maybe customization ideas. Why do people start a post and not "close" it? Or conclude it...know what I mean?

I'm a professional automotive technician. As such I am member of a lot of repair sites. Some for professionals only. When you post a "help me" or "WWYD" post follow it up with the fix or what you ended up doing!


THT is a great resource and as I read some of the old post I am continuously disappointed to find post after post from ALONG time ago that people were asking for help and never shared what fixed the issue. Or they just bought a boat and posted one time to find an answer and never posted again. There should be a rating system on here so people who contribute and share great ideas can get the credit they deserve! Maybe that is asking too much...but you get the idea. lol



But for real....

Post title says "my HPDI will not plane" 20 people post follow up questions and ideas and the OP answers a FEW questions (or none) and NEVER says if he got it running and what was wrong. This type of post should start with Year of engine, size of engine and the make and size of boat. (and model too)

Turns out the JA had a 40hp on a 25' deep v... No wonder he could not get on a plane... (okay, that was my sad attempt at humor...and yes I made that up)

But for real. People are taking the time to answer you and maybe you hope that your post will help others, well then, tell us what was the fix!

Okay...small rant over...

Thoughts?

FL Bill
I'm almost certain the reason why "most" don't close a post is because they "don't" do as recommended by the majority. Post after post it is plain to see the person asking the question isn't interested in the answers outside of what they think is right in their own head.
Garett is offline  
Old 05-28-2018, 09:19 AM
  #26  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: South Florida
Posts: 9,144
Default

Still bitter about the water heater thread.
Flot is offline  
Old 05-28-2018, 09:22 AM
  #27  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 11,200
Default

Pics of water heater
BlueRudy is offline  
Old 05-28-2018, 05:06 PM
  #28  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Ocean Springs MS
Posts: 370
Default

When or at what point do you intend to close this stupid thread? Pics of wife and girlfriend required!
FL Bill likes this.
rsnapper is online now  
Old 05-28-2018, 07:06 PM
  #29  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Saint Petersburg, Florida
Posts: 562
Default

Originally Posted by Garett View Post
I'm almost certain the reason why "most" don't close a post is because they "don't" do as recommended by the majority. Post after post it is plain to see the person asking the question isn't interested in the answers outside of what they think is right in their own head.
That is a good point...

Originally Posted by Flot View Post
Still bitter about the water heater thread.
I want in! Share a link to the water heater thread!!

LOL
FLB
FL Bill is offline  
Old 05-28-2018, 08:09 PM
  #30  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: South Florida
Posts: 9,144
Default

Originally Posted by FL Bill View Post
I want in! Share a link to the water heater thread!!
Water heater replaced 3 times in a month and a half, only gives 6 mins of hot water.... Electric Hot Water Heater Problem
Flot is offline  
Old 05-28-2018, 08:24 PM
  #31  
Senior Member
 
Claim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Mt. Pleasant, SC
Posts: 813
Default

This looks like another thread that is going to leave me hanging..........
Claim is offline  
Old 05-29-2018, 10:43 AM
  #32  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Saint Petersburg, Florida
Posts: 562
Default

Originally Posted by Flot View Post
Water heater replaced 3 times in a month and a half, only gives 6 mins of hot water.... Electric Hot Water Heater Problem
NOW I AM PISSED OFF@!



I hope his transducers leak!!

And no one asked him for pictures of his wife in the shower?

Thanks, I needed that...

FLB

Last edited by FL Bill; 05-29-2018 at 11:21 AM. Reason: added text
FL Bill is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 06:57 PM
  #33  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,449
Default

Originally Posted by FL Bill View Post
I may have an "open" post or two on here but they may not be fixed yet or I am just not done with the repair. At my work I think I always close my cases, we call them "tech help request", unless they never had a resolution, but even then I have a summery of what I learned and tested or checked. (and found) Sometimes the replies are worth more then the comments or follow ups of the OP.


BTW I am amazed at how much information is here on THT. A lot of "old salts" with a lot of combined sea time and knowledge of maritime law and vessel handling. Even just experience! I was always taught if you want to succeed at something to surround yourself with people smarter and/or people with more experience than yourself. I consider my self smart and able to figure out a lot of complex systems on may things, but know there are things I have never done as well. Sometimes it is about how to best evaluate and tackle a project.


FLB
I agree, over the years I have had some real good help and advice from folks on this site.
FL Bill likes this.
zigzag is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread