Notices
Like Tree122Likes

Blocking two handicap spaces

Old 05-25-2018, 09:58 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,389
Default Blocking two handicap spaces

22 year old 6'6" NBA player parking in two handicap spaces got a hello use your head wake-up call from the police.
I think he got off light.
https://www.bing.com/news/search?q=S...ideo&FORM=EWRE
Reel 007 is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 10:31 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 901
Default

At 2am, this is what they are worried about? That some guy parked sideways in an empty private lot while he grabbed something in the store? It's a bit of a dick move but hardly a legal crisis.
ronp364 is online now  
Old 05-25-2018, 10:32 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,115
Default

Happened at 2 AM. Makes it completely different than if it was at 2 PM. Police officer was 100% in the wrong here. I hope the young man donates the millions of dollars in settlement to some sort of awareness/training program.
Bayou Dularge likes this.
Locke N Load is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 10:34 AM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 5,130
Default

Taxpayers are going to take it on the chin for this one.
Bayou Dularge likes this.

Last edited by Qb1rdman; 05-25-2018 at 10:46 AM.
Qb1rdman is online now  
Old 05-25-2018, 10:50 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Palm Beaches Seven Seas
Posts: 1,340
Default

Well i bet he won't double park in a handicap space anymore..Yeah the cop was a jerk but so was the player.If the police tell you to take your hands out of your pocket just do it! This crap is getting old and its only gonna get worse now that the police offered an apology.
zigzag, WCC718 and alfnator like this.
Dolphin Dave is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 10:59 AM
  #6  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,358
Default

WTF??? Who cares what time it is? Handicap spaces are for those with handicap permits.

He also got in the cop's face and wouldn't back up when asked, then didn't take his hands out of his pockets when asked, and stated "I have something in my hand."

I side against the police when they are wrong, but this one isn't even a close call: cops handled it just fine. NBA guy is a douche.
Bruce W, rsnapper, mtty and 7 others like this.
nicecast is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 11:02 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mobile,AL
Posts: 1,458
Default

The big picture is missed, its the law he broke first. 1-- it is a handicap spot REGARDLESS of the time, 2-- its TWO spaces, 3-- Notoriety doesn't grant special privileges or accommodations if that notoriety is known or not. 4-- non compliance to orders for whatever reasons-- doesn't make you correct, if you get manhandled for that reason, you asked for it---you will lose every time. Compliance is something even assumed privilege ( I'm somebody) has to incorporate into their mentality. He thought he could mouth his way out of it, and when it wasn't working. He then wanted to escalate it by not complying to orders---(wand waves) PRESTO!!!! You're a winner!!!
Bruce W, Cracker, fishie1 and 9 others like this.
antlerz22 is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 11:19 AM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
spraynet 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sanford, FL
Posts: 7,289
Default

I sooooooooooooooo wish some of you "Sideline Quarterbacks" could be forced to be beat cops in a big city for 90 days. That's all it would take for your ignorant comments to suddenly disappear!

1. He NEVER took his hands out of his pockets!!!!!
2. He NEVER backed up when told to do so!!!!!!
3. He was itching for this escalation......He Was Wrong!!!!

Now. I cannot comment on the taser issue, video does not clearly show if any resisting or stupid moves on his part.
With all the cops being killed by scum bags.......where they shoot them for no other reason then they're cops, ZERO altercation nor warning, you guys don't see anything wrong with this guy keeping his hands in his pockets all that time. Ask me, the cop screwed up and waited way too long to get him to comply.

99% of you are so damn ignorant of just how vulnerable these situations are, and how cops are being set up, stalked, and targeted for execution.....truly beyond amazing to me the sheer ignorance.

Lastly.....Ball less police chief should resign!!!! Screw you with your ass wipe appeasement apology tour.....idiot!!!!

Flame away all with ZERO police experience!!!
Bruce W, Cracker, triguy7 and 9 others like this.
spraynet 1 is online now  
Old 05-25-2018, 11:23 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sunny florida
Posts: 23,279
Default

Originally Posted by ronp364 View Post
At 2am, this is what they are worried about? That some guy parked sideways in an empty private lot while he grabbed something in the store? It's a bit of a dick move but hardly a legal crisis.
So I can drive 125 cuz it's 2am?
Bruce W, Cracker, Tireless and 5 others like this.
billinstuart is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 11:24 AM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Miami & Key Largo
Posts: 648
Default

Originally Posted by ronp364 View Post
At 2am, this is what they are worried about? That some guy parked sideways in an empty private lot while he grabbed something in the store? It's a bit of a dick move but hardly a legal crisis.
Really? You think getting tased for taking 2 HC spots is getting off light?
Bayou Dularge likes this.
EdwardB is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 11:26 AM
  #11  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,389
Default

Originally Posted by nicecast View Post
WTF??? Who cares what time it is? Handicap spaces are for those with handicap permits.

He also got in the cop's face and wouldn't back up when asked, then didn't take his hands out of his pockets when asked, and stated "I have something in my hand."

I side against the police when they are wrong, but this one isn't even a close call: cops handled it just fine. NBA guy is a douche.
Agreed, the handicap space is 24/7, Mr privilege thought the NBA status made him special.
Originally Posted by antlerz22 View Post
The big picture is missed, its the law he broke first. 1-- it is a handicap spot REGARDLESS of the time, 2-- its TWO spaces, 3-- Notoriety doesn't grant special privileges or accommodations if that notoriety is known or not. 4-- non compliance to orders for whatever reasons-- doesn't make you correct, if you get manhandled for that reason, you asked for it---you will lose every time. Compliance is something even assumed privilege ( I'm somebody) has to incorporate into their mentality. He thought he could mouth his way out of it, and when it wasn't working. He then wanted to escalate it by not complying to orders---(wand waves) PRESTO!!!! You're a winner!!!
Arrogance, I think he got what he went looking for.
Reel 007 is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 11:28 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 901
Default

Originally Posted by billinstuart View Post
So I can drive 125 cuz it's 2am?
That's such a moronic comment I would not even try to address it.
back at it and jj1987 like this.
ronp364 is online now  
Old 05-25-2018, 11:28 AM
  #13  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,044
Default

Originally Posted by Reel 007 View Post
22 year old 6'6" NBA player parking in two handicap spaces got a hello use your head wake-up call from the police.
I think he got off light.
https://www.bing.com/news/search?q=S...ideo&FORM=EWRE
Originally Posted by Dolphin Dave View Post
Well i bet he won't double park in a handicap space anymore..Yeah the cop was a jerk but so was the player.If the police tell you to take your hands out of your pocket just do it! This crap is getting old and its only gonna get worse now that the police offered an apology.
Originally Posted by nicecast View Post
WTF??? Who cares what time it is? Handicap spaces are for those with handicap permits.

He also got in the cop's face and wouldn't back up when asked, then didn't take his hands out of his pockets when asked, and stated "I have something in my hand."

I side against the police when they are wrong, but this one isn't even a close call: cops handled it just fine. NBA guy is a douche.
Originally Posted by antlerz22 View Post
The big picture is missed, its the law he broke first. 1-- it is a handicap spot REGARDLESS of the time, 2-- its TWO spaces, 3-- Notoriety doesn't grant special privileges or accommodations if that notoriety is known or not. 4-- non compliance to orders for whatever reasons-- doesn't make you correct, if you get manhandled for that reason, you asked for it---you will lose every time. Compliance is something even assumed privilege ( I'm somebody) has to incorporate into their mentality. He thought he could mouth his way out of it, and when it wasn't working. He then wanted to escalate it by not complying to orders---(wand waves) PRESTO!!!! You're a winner!!!
Originally Posted by spraynet 1 View Post
I sooooooooooooooo wish some of you "Sideline Quarterbacks" could be forced to be beat cops in a big city for 90 days. That's all it would take for your ignorant comments to suddenly disappear!

1. He NEVER took his hands out of his pockets!!!!!
2. He NEVER backed up when told to do so!!!!!!
3. He was itching for this escalation......He Was Wrong!!!!

Now. I cannot comment on the taser issue, video does not clearly show if any resisting or stupid moves on his part.
With all the cops being killed by scum bags.......where they shoot them for no other reason then they're cops, ZERO altercation nor warning, you guys don't see anything wrong with this guy keeping his hands in his pockets all that time. Ask me, the cop screwed up and waited way too long to get him to comply.

99% of you are so damn ignorant of just how vulnerable these situations are, and how cops are being set up, stalked, and targeted for execution.....truly beyond amazing to me the sheer ignorance.

Lastly.....Ball less police chief should resign!!!! Screw you with your ass wipe appeasement apology tour.....idiot!!!!

Flame away all with ZERO police experience!!!
If you can't see a power trip I guess that just shows how blind you are. When a power hungry a-hole bully's you I guess we know what you'd do-- you'd roll over. Glad our founding fathers weren't blind followers like you or by this time we'd have no rights or freedom. America is about freedom. Upholding our rights is the most patriotic thing you can do as an American.
GR1FFIN is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 11:29 AM
  #14  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 5,130
Default

Originally Posted by spraynet 1 View Post
I sooooooooooooooo wish some of you "Sideline Quarterbacks" could be forced to be beat cops in a big city for 90 days. That's all it would take for your ignorant comments to suddenly disappear!

1. He NEVER took his hands out of his pockets!!!!!
2. He NEVER backed up when told to do so!!!!!!
3. He was itching for this escalation......He Was Wrong!!!!

Now. I cannot comment on the taser issue, video does not clearly show if any resisting or stupid moves on his part.
With all the cops being killed by scum bags.......where they shoot them for no other reason then they're cops, ZERO altercation nor warning, you guys don't see anything wrong with this guy keeping his hands in his pockets all that time. Ask me, the cop screwed up and waited way too long to get him to comply.

99% of you are so damn ignorant of just how vulnerable these situations are, and how cops are being set up, stalked, and targeted for execution.....truly beyond amazing to me the sheer ignorance.

Lastly.....Ball less police chief should resign!!!! Screw you with your ass wipe appeasement apology tour.....idiot!!!!

Flame away all with ZERO police experience!!!
And it's only going to get worse because of how they handle situations like this. Mark my words.

Should have been a sixty second encounter that ended with a parking ticket or a "move the damn car"...but no, somebody has to swing a dick.
Qb1rdman is online now  
Old 05-25-2018, 11:32 AM
  #15  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,389
Default

Originally Posted by EdwardB View Post
Really? You think getting tased for taking 2 HC spots is getting off light?
He did not get tased for taking two handicap spaces, he got tased for not complying with the Officer's instructions.
And yes, for being that stupid an enlightenment was forthcoming.
Reel 007 is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 11:39 AM
  #16  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,358
Default

Originally Posted by GR1FFIN View Post
If you can't see a power trip I guess that just shows how blind you are. When a power hungry a-hole bully's you I guess we know what you'd do-- you'd roll over. Glad our founding fathers weren't blind followers like you or by this time we'd have no rights or freedom. America is about freedom. Upholding our rights is the most patriotic thing you can do as an American.
Do you not think asking someone to stand back out of arm's reach, and take their hands out of their pockets are reasonable demands for a police officer to make when interacting with an unknown person, in a dark parking lot?

Seems very, very reasonable to me.
nicecast is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 11:41 AM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 901
Default

Originally Posted by spraynet 1 View Post
I sooooooooooooooo wish some of you "Sideline Quarterbacks" could be forced to be beat cops in a big city for 90 days. That's all it would take for your ignorant comments to suddenly disappear!

1. He NEVER took his hands out of his pockets!!!!!
2. He NEVER backed up when told to do so!!!!!!
3. He was itching for this escalation......He Was Wrong!!!!

Now. I cannot comment on the taser issue, video does not clearly show if any resisting or stupid moves on his part.
With all the cops being killed by scum bags.......where they shoot them for no other reason then they're cops, ZERO altercation nor warning, you guys don't see anything wrong with this guy keeping his hands in his pockets all that time. Ask me, the cop screwed up and waited way too long to get him to comply.

99% of you are so damn ignorant of just how vulnerable these situations are, and how cops are being set up, stalked, and targeted for execution.....truly beyond amazing to me the sheer ignorance.

Lastly.....Ball less police chief should resign!!!! Screw you with your ass wipe appeasement apology tour.....idiot!!!!

Flame away all with ZERO police experience!!!
Did you watch/listen to the video?

It's a freaking parking ticket. The cop started screaming, with "you don't see the problem with this" within seconds of the driver showing up. He continued to escalate it from there. I think the cop has mental issues. He can't be afraid of being shot. He looks like he's trying to be.
RyanL11 likes this.
ronp364 is online now  
Old 05-25-2018, 11:45 AM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sunny florida
Posts: 23,279
Default

Originally Posted by ronp364 View Post
at 2am, this is what they are worried about? That some guy drove 125 mph in an empty highway while he was bored. A bit of a dick move but hardly a legal crisis.
fify
billinstuart is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 11:46 AM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mobile,AL
Posts: 1,458
Default

Originally Posted by Qb1rdman View Post
And it's only going to get worse because of how they handle situations like this. Mark my words.

Should have been a sixty second encounter that ended with a parking ticket or a "move the damn car"...but no, somebody has to swing a dick.
If a rattlesnake slithers up to you, then starts rattling his rattles because you are near its den, are you going to stand there and give lip service. OR.... are you going to back up, evaluate what could happen next and diffuse it----you know, be the smarter of the two?
They both had their zippers down. The one did when he parked wrong, the cop did by his reaction to the blatantly obvious on purpose violation. Both were wrong in their approach to the after effects of what set it all in motion.. But ultimately the cop was in the right considering what I saw. ( I also saw no taser as mentioned earlier by someone)
gofastsandman likes this.
antlerz22 is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 11:48 AM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,817
Default

The police chief has no spine.
Jersus is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread