Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

Good guy with gun kills bad guy with gun

Notices

Good guy with gun kills bad guy with gun

Old 05-26-2018, 06:37 PM
  #41  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,900
Received 715 Likes on 518 Posts
Default

[QUOTE=lobsdiver1;11455570]
Originally Posted by spraynet 1 View Post

i don’t get your point. What are you saying? Vigilante is actually very very common? I know our police and military kill bad guys all the time but rarely hear of that from normal citizens
Doesn't the NRA publicize incidents where responsible gun owners stop various crimes like home invasion?
Old 05-26-2018, 06:46 PM
  #42  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Marblehead, Ohio
Posts: 10,171
Received 2,211 Likes on 1,143 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by OReely View Post
I'll take your word for it. I am not clicking that website.
me either......dunno...seems....suspicious, lol
Old 05-26-2018, 06:47 PM
  #43  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Marblehead, Ohio
Posts: 10,171
Received 2,211 Likes on 1,143 Posts
Default

[QUOTE=Lobstercatcher229;11457829]
Originally Posted by lobsdiver1 View Post


Doesn't the NRA publicize incidents where responsible gun owners stop various crimes like home invasion?
yes they do but only in their magazine to members, at least I assume that's the only place.
Old 05-26-2018, 08:31 PM
  #44  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: East Central Florida
Posts: 7,381
Received 699 Likes on 331 Posts
Default

Old 05-27-2018, 12:07 AM
  #45  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mobile,AL
Posts: 1,458
Likes: 0
Received 121 Likes on 79 Posts
Default

[QUOTE=YawtRoc;11457512]
Originally Posted by spraynet 1 View Post
[left]
Okay please give me stats on how many good guys with guns have stopped bad guys with guns - in relation to ALL shootings.
And just so we're clear on this, I should only look and research sites you approve? I talk with a lot of police officers - and heads of police departments. They are on the defensive with how many guys are out there.
But I get it... I'm just a troll....
No, just an unarmed troll that the criminals want everybody to be like.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:01 AM
  #46  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Suburb of Sugar Tit SC
Posts: 14,346
Received 9,221 Likes on 4,978 Posts
Default

[QUOTE=YawtRoc;11457536]
Originally Posted by BayHouse View Post
Not down played - they just don't happen nearly as much as mass shootings, suicides, homicides. It's such a small number.. but is reported. Unless there's this huge amount of vigilante justice occurring and people are defending their domiciles and having gun battles and taking down the bad guys and nobody is reporting that. Seems a little odd. There's enough pro-gun people that if this were happening, it would be heard. You have to admit the NRA is a big organization. If any thing like that happened with regularity, they'd be shouting from the roof tops. It's not like them to sit on their couches and pout - "How come no one is reporting on all these good guys defending their homes."...
mass shootings occur more than legal self defense with a firearm? Where are you seeing any statistic that indicates such?

And just an FYI, suicide doesn’t count. Obviously nothing a good guy with a gun can do to prevent a suicide.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:31 AM
  #47  
Senior MemberPLEDGERPLEDGERCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ATL & SAV
Posts: 12,363
Received 2,003 Likes on 989 Posts
Default

[QUOTE=Lobstercatcher229;11457829]
Originally Posted by lobsdiver1 View Post


Doesn't the NRA publicize incidents where responsible gun owners stop various crimes like home invasion?
yes, every month they publish stories about citizens using firearms to protect themselves or others.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:36 AM
  #48  
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Wrightsville Beach, NC
Posts: 48
Likes: 0
Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Seacat FL View Post
Got it. So I'll research this using a NRA sponsored news source. Should be pretty unbiased reporting.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:40 AM
  #49  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Suburb of Sugar Tit SC
Posts: 14,346
Received 9,221 Likes on 4,978 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by YawtRoc View Post
Got it. So I'll research this using a NRA sponsored news source. Should be pretty unbiased reporting.
Not a fan of statistics I take it?

Or do you prefer the ones that consider suicide to be "gun violence" to be the exact same thing as mass murder.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:18 AM
  #50  
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Wrightsville Beach, NC
Posts: 48
Likes: 0
Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by autobaun70 View Post
Not a fan of statistics I take it?

Or do you prefer the ones that consider suicide to be "gun violence" to be the exact same thing as mass murder.
Love stats. Where do you suggest I get them from? Some place that is not biased. I would assume that NRA has their own spin on stats. Where would you go for objective, unbiased facts?
Old 05-27-2018, 11:46 AM
  #51  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: East Central Florida
Posts: 7,381
Received 699 Likes on 331 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by YawtRoc View Post
Love stats. Where do you suggest I get them from? Some place that is not biased. I would assume that NRA has their own spin on stats. Where would you go for objective, unbiased facts?
Why don't you read it and see?
Old 05-27-2018, 11:46 AM
  #52  
Senior MemberPLEDGERPLEDGERCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ATL & SAV
Posts: 12,363
Received 2,003 Likes on 989 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by YawtRoc View Post
I would assume that NRA has their own spin on stats.
Stupid assumption but you are free to make it.
Old 05-27-2018, 12:15 PM
  #53  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
spraynet 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sanford, FL
Posts: 7,448
Received 2,613 Likes on 1,231 Posts
Default

antlerz22......

Where did I ever say you should only use sites approved by me?????
Are you sooooooooooo biased and left leaning that you can't even respond to a suggestion without blatantly changing what was asked of you? Stop being a "Mindless drone for the left" and research through police dept agencies just how many legally armed citizens stop attacks of all sorts.

But......I kinda already know what your response will be because that research will reveal statistics you and other like you don't want to see. Nor will you ever report on them. The cool aid drinking left can never argue on facts nor realities, because they just get in the way of their biased driven agenda!

Stop being a sheep man!!!!!
Old 05-27-2018, 01:32 PM
  #54  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 350
Likes: 0
Received 109 Likes on 62 Posts
Default

Wonder where the pencil-necked hogg is on this one??? Shouldn't he be running to a microphone somewhere...oh wait, never mind.
Old 05-27-2018, 01:35 PM
  #55  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mobile,AL
Posts: 1,458
Likes: 0
Received 121 Likes on 79 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by spraynet 1 View Post
antlerz22......

Where did I ever say you should only use sites approved by me?????
Are you sooooooooooo biased and left leaning that you can't even respond to a suggestion without blatantly changing what was asked of you? Stop being a "Mindless drone for the left" and research through police dept agencies just how many legally armed citizens stop attacks of all sorts.

But......I kinda already know what your response will be because that research will reveal statistics you and other like you don't want to see. Nor will you ever report on them. The cool aid drinking left can never argue on facts nor realities, because they just get in the way of their biased driven agenda!

Stop being a sheep man!!!!!
Back down big boy, its THT makes it look like you posted what I'm commenting on. If you look closely where your quote is----IS behind the blue arrow click-on thingy. THT needs to correct this IMO. I dislike the way it makes people look like they said what being responded to. But its reall just including it to show the post within the post that was being commented on which THEN was being commented on. VERY CONFUSING
Click on the blue little arrow, you will see what I mean.

[QUOTE=YawtRoc;11457512]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spraynet 1
RIGHT THERE THAT THING...... ^^ is what your actual quote is, and unless you click it, then people will assume what they intially see in red is YOURS.
Okay please give me stats on how many good guys with guns have stopped bad guys with guns - in relation to ALL shootings.
And just so we're clear on this, I should only look and research sites you approve? I talk with a lot of police officers - and heads of police departments. They are on the defensive with how many guys are out there.
But I get it... I'm just a troll....
Okay I colored it so you can see what I mean. IN PURPLE IS who I was referring/aiming my comment to
. Inadvertently THT includes your post for continuity in the thread --the RED highlighted. The part that's misleading is in the top left saying originally posted. I cant change their formatting. Test what I'm saying yourself, quote someone and go back and look at who posted what. It will skew it as I just explained.The PURPLE, should be in that top left in the window in RED.

Last edited by antlerz22; 05-27-2018 at 01:54 PM.
Old 05-27-2018, 01:37 PM
  #56  
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Wrightsville Beach, NC
Posts: 48
Likes: 0
Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by antlerz22 View Post
Back down big boy, its THT makes it look like you posted what I'm commenting on. If you look closely where your quote is----IS behind the blue arrow click-on thingy. THT needs to correct this IMO. I dislike the way it makes people look like they said what being responded to. But its reall just including it to show the post within the post that was being commented on which THEN was being commented on. VERY CONFUSING
Click on the blue little arrow, you will see what I mean.
I'm sure his post was meant for me.
Old 05-27-2018, 01:41 PM
  #57  
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Wrightsville Beach, NC
Posts: 48
Likes: 0
Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Tireless View Post
Stupid assumption but you are free to make it.
Are you serious? Do you think the NRA would post something contrary? The NRA was able to have their lobbyist influence legislation NOT to study the effects of gun violence.
So if you're getting all your gun "facts" from the NRA - then you are making a "stupid assumption".
Old 05-27-2018, 02:14 PM
  #58  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
spraynet 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sanford, FL
Posts: 7,448
Received 2,613 Likes on 1,231 Posts
Default

Got it, my sincere apologies.

Your 100% correct, and thank you for that excellent tutelage as well.....you a teacher? I know your really good with a computer.

Again...Sorry!

Now I have to go back and figure out who I'm pissed at!
Old 05-27-2018, 02:18 PM
  #59  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: East Central Florida
Posts: 7,381
Received 699 Likes on 331 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by YawtRoc View Post
Are you serious? Do you think the NRA would post something contrary? The NRA was able to have their lobbyist influence legislation NOT to study the effects of gun violence.
So if you're getting all your gun "facts" from the NRA - then you are making a "stupid assumption".
Come back when you have read the Armed Citizen. Until then you are just babbling bs.
Old 05-27-2018, 02:28 PM
  #60  
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Slidell, LA
Posts: 4,398
Received 4,115 Likes on 2,042 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by YawtRoc View Post
I'm sure his post was meant for me.
Looks like you've almost conquered the "quote" function, well done!

Now you may show us your proof that gun control works. Chicago, maybe??

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.