Notices
Like Tree37Likes

Good guy with gun kills bad guy with gun

Old 05-25-2018, 12:50 PM
  #21  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: North NJ
Posts: 682
Default

I just read that in 2003 the shooter "Tilman a minor was arrested on domestic battery charges". I think we can chalk this one up again to lack of respect for anyone, let alone his parents. So I see two things here either: A: his parents actually abused him... or B: He was never spanked/disciplined.
TurboJoe is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 01:57 PM
  #22  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: North NJ
Posts: 682
Default

I may revise my above statement to: The guy was a nut job.

See below:

http://www.gayly.com/exclusive-inter...nsexual-bodies
TurboJoe is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 02:22 PM
  #23  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 8,488
Default

I'll take your word for it. I am not clicking that website.
creditcardguy and myyellas2k like this.
OReely is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 02:33 PM
  #24  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mobile,AL
Posts: 1,458
Default

Originally Posted by OReely View Post
I'll take your word for it. I am not clicking that website.
Me neither
antlerz22 is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 03:08 PM
  #25  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Saugus, Ma. USA
Posts: 11,408
Default

[QUOTE=YawtRoc;11453273]
Originally Posted by creditcardguy View Post
Man opens fire inside Oklahoma restaurant before 'armed citizen' shoots, kills him, police say Fox News

Won't hear much about this one in the news. [/QUOTE

Hooray! One of the very, very, very, very, very, very few times a good guy with a gun killed a bad guy!
Yes.. it was in the news. But how fun is it to write "MSM won't report on this..."
Maybe it made local news, but I didn't hear about it up here.
jobowker is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 05:36 PM
  #26  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Jupiter, FL
Posts: 2,118
Default

[QUOTE=spraynet 1;11454326]
Originally Posted by YawtRoc View Post


You sir are very: ignorant, ignorant, ignorant, ignorant, ignorant, ignorant, on this topic! Typical biased opinion with zero facts because you and those like you continue to swallow the cool-aid you've been served for well over 30 years now from ALL media sources including Fox, which is slanted WAY right. I would suggest you do your homework before writing such nonsense.

Oh, so we're clear on this, don't do that research at newsfeed websights, conservative or liberal....there are slanted! Look at real crime stats from police depts across the country, they don't lie to either cover up facts, nor inflate facts! Only because if they did, they would go to jail, lose they're pensions, etc.

Good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns a lot!

But again....DO NOT TAKE MY WORD.....Do your own research please.....Then get back to us.
i don’t get your point. What are you saying? Vigilante is actually very very common? I know our police and military kill bad guys all the time but rarely hear of that from normal citizens
lobsdiver1 is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 07:30 PM
  #27  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Brigantine, NJ
Posts: 2,533
Default

[QUOTE=lobsdiver1;11455570]
Originally Posted by spraynet 1 View Post

i don’t get your point. What are you saying? Vigilante is actually very very common? I know our police and military kill bad guys all the time but rarely hear of that from normal citizens
Because if it's not in the "news", it hasn't happened? Read the crime stats (facts) as suggested above to get unbiased data - warning, the results may alarm you.

Please, at least agree that stories against the Anti-Gun narrative are absolutely down-played in the MSM.
BayHouse is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 11:14 PM
  #28  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: NH
Posts: 156
Default

I wonder...weapon/caliber/location of hit(s). This is what I really want to know..
old4x4 is offline  
Old 05-26-2018, 05:12 AM
  #29  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Jupiter, FL
Posts: 2,118
Default

[QUOTE=BayHouse;11455815]
Originally Posted by lobsdiver1 View Post


Because if it's not in the "news", it hasn't happened? Read the crime stats (facts) as suggested above to get unbiased data - warning, the results may alarm you.

Please, at least agree that stories against the Anti-Gun narrative are absolutely down-played in the MSM.
I get it now, I read the original post which seems to be altered and thought the OP was basically saying the same and missed his sarcasm.
lobsdiver1 is offline  
Old 05-26-2018, 01:53 PM
  #30  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 550
Default

Bad guy got exactly what he deserved. As for this story be buried by the media, CNN, CBS, Yahoo, Fox, Reuters, MSN, & Time are all reporting on this story. Hell of a theory, it just doesn't stand up to the light of truth.
18th hole is offline  
Old 05-26-2018, 02:10 PM
  #31  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Mid Atlantic
Posts: 79
Default

Doesnt quite fit with this threads agenda, but still a good story!

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/25/us/in...her/index.html
SOSC is offline  
Old 05-26-2018, 02:24 PM
  #32  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location:
Posts: 11,488
Default

[QUOTE=YawtRoc;11453273]
Originally Posted by creditcardguy View Post
Man opens fire inside Oklahoma restaurant before 'armed citizen' shoots, kills him, police say Fox News

Won't hear much about this one in the news. [/QUOTE

Hooray! One of the very, very, very, very, very, very few times a good guy with a gun killed a bad guy!
Yes.. it was in the news. But how fun is it to write "MSM won't report on this..."

Sure, they reported it but do ya think it'll be on 24/7 for the next 6 months? With special panels and consultants and activists and "witnesses, and "victims" and politicians, and foreign governments and the dog that was rooting through the dumpster out back? Nah, didn't think so.

And you should also do some research. It happens quite a bit (good guy or gal killing nutcase with a gun)..... it just doesn't blanket the news for 6 months at a time because it doesn't fit their political narrative that "guns are bad".

Last edited by Back-in-Black; 05-26-2018 at 02:30 PM.
Back-in-Black is offline  
Old 05-26-2018, 03:20 PM
  #33  
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Wrightsville Beach, NC
Posts: 48
Default

[QUOTE=spraynet 1;11454326]
Originally Posted by YawtRoc View Post


You sir are very: ignorant, ignorant, ignorant, ignorant, ignorant, ignorant, on this topic! Typical biased opinion with zero facts because you and those like you continue to swallow the cool-aid you've been served for well over 30 years now from ALL media sources including Fox, which is slanted WAY right. I would suggest you do your homework before writing such nonsense.

Oh, so we're clear on this, don't do that research at newsfeed websights, conservative or liberal....there are slanted! Look at real crime stats from police depts across the country, they don't lie to either cover up facts, nor inflate facts! Only because if they did, they would go to jail, lose they're pensions, etc.

Good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns a lot!

But again....DO NOT TAKE MY WORD.....Do your own research please.....Then get back to us.
Okay please give me stats on how many good guys with guns have stopped bad guys with guns - in relation to ALL shootings.
And just so we're clear on this, I should only look and research sites you approve? I talk with a lot of police officers - and heads of police departments. They are on the defensive with how many guys are out there.
But I get it... I'm just a troll....
YawtRoc is offline  
Old 05-26-2018, 03:24 PM
  #34  
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Wrightsville Beach, NC
Posts: 48
Default

[QUOTE=jobowker;11455237]
Originally Posted by YawtRoc View Post

Maybe it made local news, but I didn't hear about it up here.
It was on all news sites... but it makes gun folks feel victimized that they're not represented. Look at any posting about a subject like this and it always starts with "MSM won't report on it..." Well, somehow it's getting out there... but it's more effective to your cause to feel like you're the persecuted, ignored few standing shoulder to shoulder.
YawtRoc is offline  
Old 05-26-2018, 03:33 PM
  #35  
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Wrightsville Beach, NC
Posts: 48
Default

[QUOTE=BayHouse;11455815]
Originally Posted by lobsdiver1 View Post


Because if it's not in the "news", it hasn't happened? Read the crime stats (facts) as suggested above to get unbiased data - warning, the results may alarm you.

Please, at least agree that stories against the Anti-Gun narrative are absolutely down-played in the MSM.
Not down played - they just don't happen nearly as much as mass shootings, suicides, homicides. It's such a small number.. but is reported. Unless there's this huge amount of vigilante justice occurring and people are defending their domiciles and having gun battles and taking down the bad guys and nobody is reporting that. Seems a little odd. There's enough pro-gun people that if this were happening, it would be heard. You have to admit the NRA is a big organization. If any thing like that happened with regularity, they'd be shouting from the roof tops. It's not like them to sit on their couches and pout - "How come no one is reporting on all these good guys defending their homes."...
YawtRoc is offline  
Old 05-26-2018, 03:37 PM
  #36  
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Wrightsville Beach, NC
Posts: 48
Default

[QUOTE=Back-in-Black;11457386]
Originally Posted by YawtRoc View Post


Sure, they reported it but do ya think it'll be on 24/7 for the next 6 months? With special panels and consultants and activists and "witnesses, and "victims" and politicians, and foreign governments and the dog that was rooting through the dumpster out back? Nah, didn't think so.

And you should also do some research. It happens quite a bit (good guy or gal killing nutcase with a gun)..... it just doesn't blanket the news for 6 months at a time because it doesn't fit their political narrative that "guns are bad".
It doesn't happen very often... and if it did... why would it be be in the news for the next 6 months. We've already moved off Parkland. What coverage would make you feel better? FOX can report it as much as they want... go to INFO Wars - you have enough outlets... It just doesn't happen and no news source reports like that... but it's better to feel your voice isn't being heard... makes you feel like you're fighting the good fight.
YawtRoc is offline  
Old 05-26-2018, 03:41 PM
  #37  
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Wrightsville Beach, NC
Posts: 48
Default

I just started to research Good Guy with guns. First source - SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN Magazine. Would you consider that a reliable news source? It has SCIENTIFIC and AMERICAN in the title. The article kind of backs up everything I've said. Score one for Gun Control!

Thanks fellas. You're making this easy!
YawtRoc is offline  
Old 05-26-2018, 03:50 PM
  #38  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
creditcardguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Slidell, LA
Posts: 4,124
Default

[QUOTE=YawtRoc;11457522]
Originally Posted by jobowker View Post
It was on all news sites... but it makes gun folks feel victimized that they're not represented. Look at any posting about a subject like this and it always starts with "MSM won't report on it..." Well, someone how it's getting out there... but it's more effective to your cause to feel like you're the persecuted, ignored few standing shoulder to shoulder.
It was actually TWO good guys with guns killing a bad guy with a gun!!

The media coverage is a fraction of what it is when the bad guy wins. But you are free to pretend that it's equal. Who are these "gun folks" you speak of??

If you would have been there maybe you could have thrown your baked potato at him!
creditcardguy is offline  
Old 05-26-2018, 03:55 PM
  #39  
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Wrightsville Beach, NC
Posts: 48
Default

[QUOTE=creditcardguy;11457559]
Originally Posted by YawtRoc View Post

It was actually TWO good guys with guns killing a bad guy with a gun!!

The media coverage is a fraction of what it is when the bad guy wins. But you are free to pretend that it's equal. Who are these "gun folks" you speak of??

If you would have been there maybe you could have thrown your baked potato at him!
Originally Posted by YawtRoc View Post
It's covered - there's just so many more suicides, homicides, mass shootings, robberies, accidental shootings that it's lost in that. I applaud the guy who stopped him, or anyone. But I'm saying, it's a weak argument that MSM is not covering it.

... I love baked potatoes.. I may have held out.
YawtRoc is offline  
Old 05-26-2018, 04:59 PM
  #40  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: East Central Florida
Posts: 7,307
Default

[QUOTE=YawtRoc;11457540]
Originally Posted by Back-in-Black View Post

It doesn't happen very often... and if it did... why would it be be in the news for the next 6 months. We've already moved off Parkland. What coverage would make you feel better? FOX can report it as much as they want... go to INFO Wars - you have enough outlets... It just doesn't happen and no news source reports like that... but it's better to feel your voice isn't being heard... makes you feel like you're fighting the good fight.
Armed self defense by regular citizens happens all the time you just don't read about in the media because it does not fit their narrative.
You should check another source like this one:
https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen/
Seacat FL is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.