Notices
Like Tree11Likes

Looking for work?

Old 05-20-2018, 03:38 PM
  #1  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
spraynet 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sanford, FL
Posts: 7,213
Default Looking for work?

Just got a call from the owner of the company I work for that they're shutting the doors June 1st! No time for me to moan nor whine about it, just need to start looking and networking!
Primarily focusing on a job that I can do from home, which means on the phone. Decent computer skills, top notch customer service skills...meaning I ALWAYS keep my cool no matter what! Pick up stuff rather quickly and I am a true workaholic, I average 60 -70 hours per week, and I usually work everyday including weekends!

Of course I'm open to anything and everything. Want to stay as close to Sanford FL as possible but willing to drive 25 or so miles if needed.

Thanks in advance for any help folks!
Heathen86 likes this.
spraynet 1 is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 04:09 PM
  #2  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NSB, Florida, USA, earth (mostly)
Posts: 4,818
Default

You are so overdue for some good luck, hopefully this is the start of your turnaround!
round2it, PF-88, Lprizman and 1 others like this.
fishie1 is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 04:22 PM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
spraynet 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sanford, FL
Posts: 7,213
Default

Couldn't agree with you more.

Bride handling it very well actually. Just told me that this is just another blip on the radar screen that needs attention, nothing more, nothing less.

I do however have a few choice words for Jesus!
wdkerek likes this.
spraynet 1 is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 04:46 PM
  #4  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: St. Augustine, Fl
Posts: 21,813
Default

GOOD LUCK to you..... Don't you start calling my house, to many already do...LOL
Cracker is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 04:49 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Lprizman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: RI
Posts: 5,476
Default

I'm on it!!!!
specifics please...mortgages...ECT..
Lprizman is online now  
Old 05-20-2018, 04:51 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Wendell, NC
Posts: 2,141
Default

Originally Posted by spraynet 1 View Post
Couldn't agree with you more.

Bride handling it very well actually. Just told me that this is just another blip on the radar screen that needs attention, nothing more, nothing less.

I do however have a few choice words for Jesus!
This is going to sounds pretty empty (if someone told me this I'd feel that way)...but look at this as an opportunity.

How much runway do you have? Worst case scenario could you deliver pizzas 7 nights a week and get by? There's always stuff like that which should get you a few thousand a month...again absolutely worst case scenario, meaning itll suck but you won't starve or go into huge debt.

If you have a bit of runway I'd look into an online service based business. Good with computers...can you build websites? Know any WordPress? If not, do you have a few months to learn? How about Ruby on Rails? These are all things which you can learn relatively quickly, and people will pay you good money for. Takes time to get going though.

Benefit is all of these can be 100% remote. Hell...how about being a virtual assistant?
NCSUboater is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 04:52 PM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 1,854
Default

Sorry to hear this. I know over a dozen people laid off in the last year. It sucks

​​​​​Have you hit up indeed.com for ideas?
jj1987 is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 05:14 PM
  #8  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Smyrna Beach
Posts: 8,182
Default

Damn man sorry to hear that what a shock. Were you aware they were having issues? You are definitely do for some good luck. Will you all still have your health insurance?
C Skip R is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 05:20 PM
  #9  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Kent Island, MD
Posts: 196
Default

Sorry if I donít know your background, but your extremely broad in your ask. What industry? Customer service can mean a wide range of things. How technical? Good with computers pretty much sums us everyone nowadays.

Sucks. Iíve been there.
KIMDer is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 05:45 PM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: VA
Posts: 5,938
Default

I've found LinkedIn to be a good networking and job search site. What is your industry? IT? Insurance? Banking? Utilities? Law? Retail? Construction? Skills besides "customer service"? IT Desktop support, project management, sales, medical billing, insurance, network management, database support, server administration, business analytics?
Buoy Scout is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 05:50 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cape Fear, NC
Posts: 11,489
Default

Well, from home you could start your own forum. Pick the title that attracts. Then title your sub-forums accordingly. It seems you definitively have the time to do so.
back at it is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 06:15 PM
  #12  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wilmington NC
Posts: 1,493
Default

How old are you? Some of the older gents (patients) I work with seem to work with the rental car companies moving cars from A to B. For whatever reason they seem to seek out the geezers. No offense. May be worth checking into.
Amonte1965 likes this.
rusbob is offline  
Old 05-21-2018, 06:42 AM
  #13  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
spraynet 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sanford, FL
Posts: 7,213
Default

Originally Posted by Lprizman View Post
I'm on it!!!!
specifics please...mortgages...ECT..

My Customer Service experience, includes the following areas: Telephone sales, Marketing, Cold calling, Counseling, Heavy script usage, & Non- script usage.


Originally Posted by NCSUboater View Post
This is going to sounds pretty empty (if someone told me this I'd feel that way)...but look at this as an opportunity.

How much runway do you have? Worst case scenario could you deliver pizzas 7 nights a week and get by? There's always stuff like that which should get you a few thousand a month...again absolutely worst case scenario, meaning itll suck but you won't starve or go into huge debt.

If you have a bit of runway I'd look into an online service based business. Good with computers...can you build websites? Know any WordPress? If not, do you have a few months to learn? How about Ruby on Rails? These are all things which you can learn relatively quickly, and people will pay you good money for. Takes time to get going though.

Benefit is all of these can be 100% remote. Hell...how about being a virtual assistant?

Can you elaborate a little more about those two programs, or software items you mentioned? What are they? Where can I get the knowledge? Who hires once your trained? Any additional info that would allow me to know whether or not I should pursue learning those would greatly help! My computer skills are nothing to right home about I would venture to say, but I do navigate easily through things, have a ton of patience learning new things, and simply don't give up until I've mastered what I need to know if that helps.



Originally Posted by KIMDer View Post
Sorry if I donít know your background, but your extremely broad in your ask. What industry? Customer service can mean a wide range of things. How technical? Good with computers pretty much sums us everyone nowadays.

Sucks. Iíve been there.
See above response please!



Originally Posted by rusbob View Post
How old are you? Some of the older gents (patients) I work with seem to work with the rental car companies moving cars from A to B. For whatever reason they seem to seek out the geezers. No offense. May be worth checking into.

Could you get me a little more info on this please, I love to drive. Was thinking about going back to trucking school, but so many folks that told me it's not a great field anymore talked me out of it! driving is something I truly love to do!
spraynet 1 is offline  
Old 05-21-2018, 06:44 AM
  #14  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
spraynet 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sanford, FL
Posts: 7,213
Default

Geezer.......I'm 56, and now I guess I'm a Geezer...

Damn whipper snappers!!!!!
spraynet 1 is offline  
Old 05-21-2018, 06:51 AM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Lprizman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: RI
Posts: 5,476
Default

Check the thread here "career chang"
may be up your wheel house...otherwise we march on!
Lprizman is online now  
Old 05-21-2018, 06:55 AM
  #16  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Saint Amant Louisiana
Posts: 3,001
Default

Originally Posted by spraynet 1 View Post
Couldn't agree with you more.

Bride handling it very well actually. Just told me that this is just another blip on the radar screen that needs attention, nothing more, nothing less.

I do however have a few choice words for Jesus!
nothing to add here.................other than .................that is one damn good bride!
wdkerek is offline  
Old 05-21-2018, 07:43 AM
  #17  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
spraynet 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sanford, FL
Posts: 7,213
Default

Best one in the entire world my friend.
spraynet 1 is offline  
Old 05-21-2018, 09:02 AM
  #18  
gf
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: North of Boston
Posts: 12,961
Default

What is your most recent experience in?

My sister lives in Sanford and is a recruiter with Ajilon in Orlando. They hire folks for a variety of industries although her focus is on supply chain and logistics. I can connect you.
gf is offline  
Old 05-21-2018, 09:08 AM
  #19  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: De
Posts: 2,499
Default

Originally Posted by gf View Post
What is your most recent experience in?

My sister lives in Sanford and is a recruiter with Ajilon in Orlando. They hire folks for a variety of industries although her focus is on supply chain and logistics. I can connect you.
They looking for anyone with International Freight forwarder experience ( 40+ years)!
Looking to relocate in the next few years to Fort Myers Area.
Striper In is offline  
Old 05-21-2018, 09:10 AM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2,086
Default

Drive a truck, I've done it for 28 years, it's very steady but pay is low for hours out in.
Law enforcement and retire young
Best of luck in your search!
I still like driving, just don't love it anymore!
BWP
bluewaterposer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread