Notices

Who would like a job? Round II

Old 02-13-2018, 12:17 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 102
Likes: 0
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Who would like a job? Round II

I started a thread( round I) last year when we needed help, We have the same issue again. We are looking for DDC control technicians and programmers in the Charlotte NC, Greenville SC, and Charleston SC areas.

We have tried word of mouth, head hunters and worked with local technical community colleges but continue to strike out. Previous experience is preferred but at this point if you can breath and get to work on time we may talk.

The THT group came thru last time so maybe it can come thru again. Hit me up on a PM if you are interested.

Thanks for looking.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:21 PM
  #2  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: St. Augustine, Fl
Posts: 22,384
Received 4,476 Likes on 1,803 Posts
Default

You might post exactly what kind of job that is???

If I was looking I would need to know what the job entails, so I am NOT wasting your time or mine as an applicant ( I am not interested in the job, just trying to help)
Old 02-13-2018, 12:22 PM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: SoTex
Posts: 775
Received 1,935 Likes on 1,043 Posts
Default

Hvac?
Old 02-13-2018, 12:27 PM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Weymouth, Ma.
Posts: 2,435
Received 487 Likes on 308 Posts
Default

DDC technician. Digital Direct Control Technician for HVAC.

Love Google
Old 02-13-2018, 12:32 PM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,178
Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts
Default

sorry, but my guess is if OP asks for a DDC control tech and I don't know what that is, I'm probably not a great candidate for the position.

Looking for employees on THT... I love it!

Old 02-13-2018, 12:32 PM
  #6  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: St. Augustine, Fl
Posts: 22,384
Received 4,476 Likes on 1,803 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by hottoddie View Post
DDC technician. Digital Direct Control Technician for HVAC.

Love Google
Still many questions a brief description would help.. Does it Involve heavy lifting, climbing, is it commercial. Again, no skin in the game just trying to help the OP not waste time...

Google is VERY limited on info in trade jobs..
Old 02-13-2018, 03:54 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 102
Likes: 0
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

Cracker and others, I appreciate your inputs and yes a description of the job would help however I posted this way because anyone in our industry would understand what we are looking for. I posted a thread last October or November "who wants a job" with detailed descriptions of what we do and how our industry works.

This time around we need some experienced help. What we do is really cool and growing in demand, and yes we are in the HVAC industry.

I would be more than happy to explain if anyone is truly interested.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:59 PM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 5,237
Received 1,220 Likes on 625 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mrdeepseafisher View Post
Cracker and others, I appreciate your inputs and yes a description of the job would help however I posted this way because anyone in our industry would understand what we are looking for. I posted a thread last October or November "who wants a job" with detailed descriptions of what we do and how our industry works.

This time around we need some experienced help. What we do is really cool and growing in demand, and yes we are in the HVAC industry.

I would be more than happy to explain if anyone is truly interested.
I have kids looking at engineering and tech degrees. Please do explain more.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:02 PM
  #9  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,102
Received 330 Likes on 189 Posts
Default

We are having the same issue

$43-$48 per hour and we have trouble getting good applicants
https://agency.governmentjobs.com/se...sharedWindow=0
Old 02-13-2018, 08:46 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Monroe, NC
Posts: 798
Likes: 0
Received 1,016 Likes on 543 Posts
Default

How would someone with the following experience get into the DDC Technician field? Is there a technical course of study for this?

20 years IT experience all aspects of desktop/server repair and networking
Heavy background in industrial maintenace including HVAC and cooling towers
Industrial and commercial electrical to include low voltage work

Thanks,
Shane
Old 02-13-2018, 10:08 PM
  #11  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: St. Augustine, Fl
Posts: 22,384
Received 4,476 Likes on 1,803 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mrdeepseafisher View Post
Cracker and others, I appreciate your inputs and yes a description of the job would help however I posted this way because anyone in our industry would understand what we are looking for. I posted a thread last October or November "who wants a job" with detailed descriptions of what we do and how our industry works.

This time around we need some experienced help. What we do is really cool and growing in demand, and yes we are in the HVAC industry.

I would be more than happy to explain if anyone is truly interested.
Gotcha, simply asking since you said, "Previous experience is preferred but at this point if you can breath and get to work on time we may talk."

Again, no skin in the game just you might get a good trainable applicant, if more description..

Good luck in your search..
Old 02-13-2018, 10:13 PM
  #12  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 719
Received 279 Likes on 140 Posts
Default

If you are not a felon and can stink up a shoe, you have a fighting chance. Sign up boys.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:30 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,134
Likes: 0
Received 162 Likes on 94 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Low Bidder View Post
If you are not a felon and can stink up a shoe, you have a fighting chance. Sign up boys.
I think most companies/industries would take almost anyone willing to work and show up. Skilled labor is dying. Take what you can't get and train them
Old 02-13-2018, 11:33 PM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 335
Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by hnmoss View Post
sorry, but my guess is if OP asks for a DDC control tech and I don't know what that is, I'm probably not a great candidate for the position.

Looking for employees on THT... I love it!

Reminds me of when I was seventeen. Had some experience constructing plenums and offsets. Totally parroted my friends' talking points on duct transition and airflow calculation. Ended up being one of the company owner's favorites until I kicked the living scat out of his son in law being the foreman whom would occasionally show up shit faced drunk after 10am. Then, I moved on to bigger pay and better things or so I thought.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:43 AM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 355
Received 192 Likes on 122 Posts
Default

Sponsorship and green card?.?accomadation ,do you own a boat!!
Old 02-14-2018, 02:32 AM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
crazybeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Tropico
Posts: 6,120
Received 1,894 Likes on 1,089 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BadgerS View Post
We are having the same issue

$43-$48 per hour and we have trouble getting good applicants
https://agency.governmentjobs.com/se...sharedWindow=0
Honest feedback: Seems to me you’re asking for a very specific set of experience based on your tech. Probably narrowing it down too much and limiting the pool of applicants. I used to be a telco data sales engineer so have some understanding of what you’re asking. Perhaps go ask a few good people if they can give you candid feedback what in the job post would limit them from responding.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:39 AM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Apopka, Fl
Posts: 104
Likes: 0
Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by hnmoss View Post
sorry, but my guess is if OP asks for a DDC control tech and I don't know what that is, I'm probably not a great candidate for the position.

Looking for employees on THT... I love it!

True, however, I (or anyone)may not be interested or know what the job is, but we might know someone who would be.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:43 AM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 771
Received 185 Likes on 117 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mrdeepseafisher View Post
I started a thread( round I) last year when we needed help, We have the same issue again. We are looking for DDC control technicians and programmers in the Charlotte NC, Greenville SC, and Charleston SC areas.

We have tried word of mouth, head hunters and worked with local technical community colleges but continue to strike out. Previous experience is preferred but at this point if you can breath and get to work on time we may talk.

The THT group came thru last time so maybe it can come thru again. Hit me up on a PM if you are interested.

Thanks for looking.
What kind of money are we talking? As someone coming from another part of the country what kind of starting salary?
Old 02-14-2018, 05:55 AM
  #19  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
bellsisland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 5,948
Likes: 0
Received 197 Likes on 114 Posts
Default

Ok what is it that is cool that you do in the hvac industry?
Old 02-14-2018, 06:00 AM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,255
Received 735 Likes on 324 Posts
Default

Question: Have your field techs networked with any of the HVAC tin knockers they work with on a daily basis when doing installs? Word of mouth down on the field level is a good way to find people. Maybe even offer a referral bonus to them.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.