Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

Take A Knee Stance from a Veteran Help Support

Notices

Take A Knee Stance from a Veteran Help Support

Old 10-11-2017, 02:49 PM
  #1  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Smyrna Beach
Posts: 8,509
Received 285 Likes on 199 Posts
Default Take A Knee Stance from a Veteran Help Support

This was sent to me by a good friend. I'm a veteran and felt like this was a great opportunity to show our support for the National Anthem and our Flag. It also reflects my personal thoughts on many of the NFL players. I hope some of you will support. Mark on your calendar. Copy, paste and forward to your friends that will support this. Sorry for the small print. Thanks, Skip


An open letter to the NFL players,
You graduated high school in 2011. Your teenage years were a struggle. You grew up on the wrong side of the tracks. Your mother was the leader of the family and worked tirelessly to keep a roof over your head and food on your plate.
Academics were a struggle for you and your grades were mediocre at best. The only thing that made you stand out is you weighed 225 lbs and could run 40 yards in 4.2 seconds while carrying a football.
Your best friend was just like you, except he didn't play football. Instead of going to football practice after school, he went to work at McDonalds for minimum wage.
You were recruited by all the big colleges and spent every weekend of your senior year making visits to universities where coaches and boosters tried to convince you their school was best.. They laid out the red carpet for you.
Your best friend worked double shifts at Mickey D's. College was not an option for him. On the day you signed with Big State University, your best friend signed paperwork with his Army recruiter. You went to summer workouts. He went to basic training.
You spent the next four years living in the athletic dorm, eating at the training table. You spent your Saturdays on the football field, cheered on by adoring fans. Tutors attended to your every academic need. You attended class when you felt like it. Sure, you worked hard. You lifted weights, ran sprints, studied plays, and soon became one of the top football players in the country.
Your best friend was assigned to the 101st Airborne Division. While you were in college, he deployed to Iraq once and Afghanistan twice. He became a Sergeant and led a squad of 19 year old soldiers who grew up just like he did. He shed his blood in Afghanistan and watched young American's give their lives, limbs, and innocence for the USA.
You went to the NFL combine and scored off the charts. You hired an agent and waited for draft day. You were drafted in the first round and your agent immediately went to work, ensuring that you received the most money possible. You signed for $16 million although you had never played a single down of professional football.
Your best friend re-enlisted in the Army for four more years. As a combat tested sergeant, he will be paid $32,000 per year. You will drive a Ferrari on the streets of South Beach.. He will ride in the back of a Blackhawk helicopter with 10 other combat loaded soldiers. You will sleep at the Ritz. He will dig a hole in the ground and try to sleep. You will "make it rain" in the club. He will pray for rain as the temperature reaches 120 degrees.
On Sunday, you will run into a stadium as tens of thousands of fans cheer and yell your name. For your best friend, there is little difference between Sunday and any other day of the week. There are no adoring fans. There are only people trying to kill him and his soldiers. Every now and then, he and his soldiers leave the front lines and "go to the rear" to rest. He might be lucky enough to catch an NFL game on TV. When the National Anthem plays and you take a knee, he will jump to his feet and salute the television. While you protest the unfairness of life in the United States, he will give thanks to God that he has the honor of defending his great country.
To the players of the NFL: We are the people who buy your tickets, watch you on TV, and wear your jerseys. We anxiously wait for Sundays so we can cheer for you and marvel at your athleticism.
Although we love to watch you play, we care little about your opinions until you offend us. You have the absolute right to express yourselves, but we have the absolute right to boycott you. We have tolerated your drug use and DUIs, your domestic violence, and your vulgar displays of wealth.
We should be ashamed for putting our admiration of your physical skills before what is morally right. But now you have gone too far. You have insulted our flag, our country, our soldiers, our police officers, and our veterans. You are living the American dream, yet you disparage our great country.
I am done with NFL football and encourage all like minded Americans to boycott the NFL as well.
--- SHARE, SHARE, SHARE ---
National boycott of the NFLSunday November 12thVeterans Day Weekend
Boycott all football telecast.All fans, all ticket holders, stay away from attending any games. Let them play to empty stadiums.
Pass this post along to all your friends and family.
Honor our military, some of whom come home with the American Flag draped over their coffin.


Old 10-11-2017, 04:24 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: St Petersburg, FL
Posts: 4,882
Likes: 0
Received 316 Likes on 175 Posts
Default

This is worth the read, l have a FIL that never got to see his beautiful daughter.....but only one time.

Last edited by Absolute; 10-12-2017 at 06:18 AM.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:42 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,079
Received 757 Likes on 408 Posts
Default

Well said and you have my support.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:53 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: stuart fl
Posts: 1,623
Received 614 Likes on 338 Posts
Default

Agree x1000000000.
Never was a sports fan whatsoever, never will be now
Old 10-11-2017, 04:58 PM
  #5  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

As a former collegiate football player and semi-pro football player, I will tell you many of the coaches and players use illicit narcotics. A lof of Cocaine, some weed, a lot of pain killers and tons of Steroids.

I have nothing against weed because it should be legal for people in pain.

NFL = National Felon League

Cry baby 23 year old millionaire kids.

Try kneeling in most countries OUTSIDE the United States, you'll be rolled off on a Stretcher if not DEAD.

# Boycott Thugs Shitty NFL #
Old 10-11-2017, 05:02 PM
  #6  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Panama City, Florida
Posts: 87
Likes: 0
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Very well written, and for me I quit watching football last year, I had had enough. I know it won't make a difference to those players that take a knee that I quit watching football, they care only for themselves but I know for me it was the right thing to do. My dad served a full career in the United States Air Force and I proudly served 25 years as a police officer. I stand for Our flag, Our country, Our troops, Our law enforcement officers and I no longer sit and watch football. I have much better things to do during those times. Thanks for posting that letter.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:41 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,257
Likes: 0
Received 246 Likes on 155 Posts
Default

The NFL and Networks are being used as 'platforms' for this kneeling shit. Their suckers.
Can't the NFL owners just tell players to go kneel in their front yard at their homes and see how much prime time TV coverage they get? F em I say.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:47 PM
  #8  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by forgot View Post
Can't the NFL owners just tell players to go kneel in their front yard at their homes?
In 1982 all the players were fired and they got Scab Players. Today, because 90% of the players are black, they will all walk off the team if the owners make any threats. Simple case of the union or players having to much power. Owners have way to much to lose today over 1982. Blacks have complete control today.

Sad.

# Boycott Thugs Felons Shitty NFL #
Old 10-11-2017, 07:40 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,079
Received 757 Likes on 408 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by LagoMar View Post
As a former collegiate football player and semi-pro football player, I will tell you many of the coaches and players use illicit narcotics. A lof of Cocaine, some weed, a lot of pain killers and tons of Steroids.

I have nothing against weed because it should be legal for people in pain.

NFL = National Felon League

Cry baby 23 year old millionaire kids.

Try kneeling in most countries OUTSIDE the United States, you'll be rolled off on a Stretcher if not DEAD.

# Boycott Thugs Shitty NFL #
So that explains why your so f'ed up. It all makes sense now.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:46 PM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Fish'nFool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Anywhere but here...
Posts: 25,546
Received 2,997 Likes on 1,584 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by the good skiff View Post
In 1982 all the players were fired and they got Scab Players. Today, because 90% of the players are black, they will all walk off the team if the owners make any threats. Simple case of the union or players having to much power. Owners have way to much to lose today over 1982. Blacks have complete control today.

Sad.

# Boycott Thugs Felons Shitty NFL #
Stop crapping up the guys post.

And it was 1987 Mr love making, collegiate/semi-pro football player - must be the product of all that pot you smoked.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:01 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 747
Received 230 Likes on 148 Posts
Default

I'm a vet.

I think if the NFL players want to take a knee they have that right.

The owners have a right to attempt to regulate the players' actions but you've got the NLRB weighing in along with various political groups. Owners' problem not mine.

Now as a consumer I have the right not to watch the NFL and not buy the products endorsed by the pros. (Remember when Tiger Woods was Buick's big spokesman - wonder who lost their job over hiring him?).

Once the big sponsors (Pepsi, Bud, automobile companies, etc.) realize that consumers like me are not watching the games and not buying the products, you'll see a shift in their views.

The athletes and their agents will quickly realize no sponsors = no money and you'll see a change.

But to be clear, I support the jocks right to take a knee and I support the owners' right to deal with this problem as the multi-millionaires see fit.

I think the NFL's time is running out. (Look at NASCAR). I think the NCAA is eclipsing the NFL in viewership.

All that said, I support the players' right to take a knee. I also will be interested to see how the public reacts to this.

If you tortured me I couldn't tell you who played in the Super Bowl last year or which team is leading its division.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:50 PM
  #12  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Fish'nFool View Post
Stop crapping up the guys post.

And it was 1987 Mr love making, collegiate/semi-pro football player - must be the product of all that pot you smoked.
Easy my friend, easy .......
Old 10-12-2017, 02:39 PM
  #13  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Smyrna Beach
Posts: 8,509
Received 285 Likes on 199 Posts
Default

Wow surprised more THTs haven't responded.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:28 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 253
Likes: 0
Received 696 Likes on 434 Posts
Default

Even attacking our Vets ,sad! .I mean you're out there serving your country. You come in from the field, turn on the satellite ,and they're kneeling on your game. Now mind you ,these are the employees taking over the stage, and the BOSS says what,?
All the best!
Vinnie
Old 10-13-2017, 06:00 AM
  #15  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pompano Beach, FL, USA
Posts: 4,951
Likes: 0
Received 294 Likes on 174 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Bayou Dularge View Post
I'm a vet.

I think if the NFL players want to take a knee they have that right.

The owners have a right to attempt to regulate the players' actions but you've got the NLRB weighing in along with various political groups. Owners' problem not mine.

Now as a consumer I have the right not to watch the NFL and not buy the products endorsed by the pros. (Remember when Tiger Woods was Buick's big spokesman - wonder who lost their job over hiring him?).

Once the big sponsors (Pepsi, Bud, automobile companies, etc.) realize that consumers like me are not watching the games and not buying the products, you'll see a shift in their views.

The athletes and their agents will quickly realize no sponsors = no money and you'll see a change.

But to be clear, I support the jocks right to take a knee and I support the owners' right to deal with this problem as the multi-millionaires see fit.

I think the NFL's time is running out. (Look at NASCAR). I think the NCAA is eclipsing the NFL in viewership.

All that said, I support the players' right to take a knee. I also will be interested to see how the public reacts to this.

If you tortured me I couldn't tell you who played in the Super Bowl last year or which team is leading its division.
I admire you and appreciate all that you have done.

I agree with most of what you have said except I do not believe the players have a RIGHT to do this. I think they are ALLOWED to do this because their bosses let them, but there is no constitutional right they have that would keep them from being reprimanded for this.

I admire your tolerance. I think they are misusing their stage to force their somewhat captive(already bought the ticket, and showed up to the stadium) audience to push their agenda.

If they want to protest, yes they absolutely do have the right to do it on their own time. Go get a permit and hold a rally like everyone else.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:35 AM
  #16  
PP1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 575
Likes: 0
Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by C Skip R View Post
Wow surprised more THTs haven't responded.
Most of the threads on this subject have taken a trip down below.

I personally agree with the OP and will not participate in anything NFL related for this season. The one exception is if someone I'm very close to wants me to watch a game with them, but even then I'll try to talk them into a fishing or hunting trip instead.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:19 AM
  #17  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Reading, PA/Indian River, DE
Posts: 3,088
Received 516 Likes on 267 Posts
Default

I wonít be boycotting. They have said from day one that they have no disrespect for our military, flag, or first responders. Itís not like theyíre out there burning flags. Who actually watches the national anthem anyway? I couldnít care less if they want to take a knee or put a fist up. I tune in to watch football, not the national anthem. Players and teams have even decided to stand for anthem and do a demonstration/show of unity before hand and still have gotten booed and criticized. When they speak out off the field people still tell them to shut up and play football. Itís really not about the flag itís about people not wanting to hear the message. Instead everyone thinks itís much easier to just twist their message into a protest against the flag or the anthem so get everyone all pissed off when itís never been about that. The whole Veterans Day boycott. This whole thing has nothing to do with veterans. I personally know plenty of veterans who have no issue with it. Itís a liberal/conservative issue. The veterans I know and the general people that have no issue with it are liberals. Everyone who is against it whether veteran or not are conservatives. If you donít like or donít care about the message theyíre trying to get out, donít listen. Players never stopped doing this but everyone stopped caring and attention went largely away til Trump decided to tweet about it.

Besides, at the end of the day, no one can punish them. Itís specifically written in the CBA that players SHOULD stand for it. There is no requirement. That really ends the discussion. If the next time they make changes they want to discuss a potential change requiring players to stand, they can certainly do that. Until then no owners nor the NFL are going to punish anyone.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:27 AM
  #18  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Mistersippi
Posts: 2,604
Received 1,569 Likes on 863 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
I wonít be boycotting. They have said from day one that they have no disrespect for our military, flag, or first responders. Itís not like theyíre out there burning flags. Who actually watches the national anthem anyway? I couldnít care less if they want to take a knee or put a fist up. I tune in to watch football, not the national anthem. Players and teams have even decided to stand for anthem and do a demonstration/show of unity before hand and still have gotten booed and criticized. When they speak out off the field people still tell them to shut up and play football. Itís really not about the flag itís about people not wanting to hear the message. Instead everyone thinks itís much easier to just twist their message into a protest against the flag or the anthem so get everyone all pissed off when itís never been about that. The whole Veterans Day boycott. This whole thing has nothing to do with veterans. I personally know plenty of veterans who have no issue with it. Itís a liberal/conservative issue. The veterans I know and the general people that have no issue with it are liberals. Everyone who is against it whether veteran or not are conservatives. If you donít like or donít care about the message theyíre trying to get out, donít listen. Players never stopped doing this but everyone stopped caring and attention went largely away til Trump decided to tweet about it.

Besides, at the end of the day, no one can punish them. Itís specifically written in the CBA that players SHOULD stand for it. There is no requirement. That really ends the discussion. If the next time they make changes they want to discuss a potential change requiring players to stand, they can certainly do that. Until then no owners nor the NFL are going to punish anyone.
Watch then. Who cares?
Old 10-15-2017, 06:40 AM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 253
Likes: 0
Received 696 Likes on 434 Posts
Default

Morning all ,You pay as a taxpayer 70% for every new stadium built.


All the best!
p.s C'ant make this up ,Just saw where now the NFL protestors, it's morphing into equal pay for all GENDERS.
In believable.
Old 10-15-2017, 06:54 AM
  #20  
Senior MemberPLEDGERPLEDGERCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ATL & SAV
Posts: 12,316
Likes: 0
Received 1,993 Likes on 985 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Bayou Dularge View Post
I'm a vet.

I think if the NFL players want to take a knee they have that right.



All that said, I support the players' right to take a knee.

While employed by a company I never had the right to say whatever crossed my mind while at work. Your premise is incorrect.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.