Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

Chewy.com - Strong Recommendation

Notices
Like Tree6Likes

Chewy.com - Strong Recommendation

Old 09-09-2017, 08:11 AM
  #1  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 940
Default Chewy.com - Strong Recommendation

Quick backstory... my 11 yr old Chesapeake Bay Retriever was diagnosed with a large tumor three weeks ago. Nothing to do except make her comfortable. Fortunately, with a change in food and some medicine, we enjoyed 3 more great weeks with her and she seemed truly happy. Unfortunately, she suddenly passed this week, naturally during her sleep.

The food the vet prescribed was very expensive. Best price I could find was on Chewy.com. I ordered 4 cases and set up autoship because it provided another discount. Yesterday, I remembered I needed to stop the autoship.

I called and spoke to a nice young lady. I explained that I needed to cancel the autoship and she asked if there was a specific reason. I explained. She was so nice and caring over the phone, telling me over and over again how sorry she was.

She then shocked me. Not only was she stopping the autoship, she was refunding me my last order (which was the only order I ever made). She said it was the least she could do during our time of mourning. She asked that I donate any remaining food to a shelter.

I didn't need a refund. But it was an amazing act of kindness. Please consider Chewy.com for any pet food needs. Amazing, caring people.
Onewolf, clamc, CME and 3 others like this.
mattttt25 is offline  
Old 09-09-2017, 08:19 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pompano Beach,Bahamas
Posts: 109
Default

Originally Posted by mattttt25 View Post
Quick backstory... my 11 yr old Chesapeake Bay Retriever was diagnosed with a large tumor three weeks ago. Nothing to do except make her comfortable. Fortunately, with a change in food and some medicine, we enjoyed 3 more great weeks with her and she seemed truly happy. Unfortunately, she suddenly passed this week, naturally during her sleep.

The food the vet prescribed was very expensive. Best price I could find was on Chewy.com. I ordered 4 cases and set up autoship because it provided another discount. Yesterday, I remembered I needed to stop the autoship.

I called and spoke to a nice young lady. I explained that I needed to cancel the autoship and she asked if there was a specific reason. I explained. She was so nice and caring over the phone, telling me over and over again how sorry she was.

She then shocked me. Not only was she stopping the autoship, she was refunding me my last order (which was the only order I ever made). She said it was the least she could do during our time of mourning. She asked that I donate any remaining food to a shelter.

I didn't need a refund. But it was an amazing act of kindness. Please consider Chewy.com for any pet food needs. Amazing, caring people.
We use Chewy.com and had a similar experience.
We had a springer spaniel that passed and they sent us a refund and a hand written sympathy card. We will always use them. Great service and best prices.
twotall is offline  
Old 09-09-2017, 08:20 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,440
Default

Being a 4-legged-child lover, I am truly sorry for your loss.....

It's nice to hear that there are still compassionate companies out there trying to do the right thing.....



.
FishLife is offline  
Old 09-09-2017, 08:49 AM
  #4  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lighthouse Point
Posts: 4,992
Default

It is SoFla company, Recently PetSmart or some other big company just bought it and people are saying they sold out. I have heard nothing but good things about the firm.
joe.giuliano is offline  
Old 09-09-2017, 08:51 AM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. Petersburg, FL 33707
Posts: 1,800
Default

Creating a culture of care in a company is imperative. Good to hear stuff like this and sorry for your loss. Amazing how difficult it is to deal with a family pet that dies.
Roosty is offline  
Old 09-09-2017, 08:59 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edgewater, Florida
Posts: 803
Default

They are pretty good people
Mofugga is offline  
Old 09-09-2017, 09:38 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2,101
Default

OP, can I cross post on another site for dogs?
Kenner 23 is offline  
Old 09-09-2017, 09:45 AM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: greenville s.c.
Posts: 1,562
Default

Great story , will consider them in the future . Very sorry for you and your family
reelin in the keys is offline  
Old 09-09-2017, 10:22 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sarasota Florida
Posts: 335
Default

I have used Chewy for the past year or more, being on their auto ship program.. They stopped selling the Fromm line recently when they sold to PetSmart, but they offered me up to a $25.00 discount on each of my next three orders from them to offset the inconvenience. I changed my dogs to a Earthborn Holistic food and they seem to like it.
Tarpon65 is offline  
Old 09-09-2017, 10:41 AM
  #10  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 940
Default

Originally Posted by Kenner 23 View Post
OP, can I cross post on another site for dogs?
Absolutely
mattttt25 is offline  
Old 09-09-2017, 10:45 AM
  #11  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hanahan, SC
Posts: 7,863
Default

I use them...Bought a harness for the new pup, but it didn't fit. They said don't return it, refunded our money and said take to a local shelter which we did. Have placed about 10 orders with them with no issues at all.
schoolsout1 is offline  
Old 09-09-2017, 06:20 PM
  #12  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Marblehead, Ohio
Posts: 9,719
Default

OP,
So sorry for your loss! Hang in there.
Boataholic is online now  
Old 09-09-2017, 07:22 PM
  #13  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 3,596
Default

Sorry for your loss, but a +2 for Chewy. They do a great job. SO much better than the big box stores (no need call them out).

Again, sorry for your loss and glad to hear she passed peacefully.
KismetLRC is offline  
Old 09-10-2017, 05:03 AM
  #14  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: buzzards bay,ma.
Posts: 3,670
Default

Originally Posted by Tarpon65 View Post

I have used Chewy for the past year or more, being on their auto ship program.. They stopped selling the Fromm line recently when they sold to PetSmart, but they offered me up to a $25.00 discount on each of my next three orders from them to offset the inconvenience. I changed my dogs to a Earthborn Holistic food and they seem to like it.
Very sorry for you loss OP.

Not to derail but I wonder if that was a Chewy decision or a Fromm decision. Fromm is a very good food.

Chewy is great, we are on autoship as well for 44lbs of Hi-Tek Naturals every 3 weeks.

We had an issue with diarrhea with both dogs and thought it might be food related. We called Chewy and they asked for the lot number of the food and shipped a new bag with a different lot number overnight, free. Great company. I hope they don't sell out with being purchased by a big box store
andyp262 is offline  
Old 09-10-2017, 05:13 AM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 1,523
Default

We get all of our dog's stuff through there. Great company.
doobs41378 is offline  
Old 09-10-2017, 05:21 AM
  #16  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: New Orleans, La
Posts: 615
Default

Sorry for your loss OP.

The damn Chewy commercial gets my dogs every time - we don't even have a working doorbell but they sure know what it sounds like from that commercial. Seems like it happens 2-4 times a day too.

Forwarded this to the wife and we will start buying from here. Thank you.
jvoisel is offline  
Old 09-10-2017, 05:26 AM
  #17  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: north shore of ma.
Posts: 2,377
Default

Wow, there is still some good,caring,compassionate & kind people left out there!
coddock is offline  
Old 09-10-2017, 06:22 AM
  #18  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Out There....
Posts: 4,654
Default

The wife uses them for "Scout " all the time . Great customer service every time.
rainmaker is offline  
Old 09-10-2017, 06:54 AM
  #19  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 394
Default

Great service and have been buying exclusively from them for a couple of years now. Hopefully Petsmart continues to let them operate independently - Petsmart's ridiculous pricing and crappy service is what led me to Chewy.
dropthatpuck is offline  
Old 09-10-2017, 07:07 AM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ortega River; Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 1,930
Default

As a veterinarian, CHEWY . com is the only online retailer I recommend people use for all things pets. They are nothing short of REMARKABLE in customer service and their prices. Sorry about your CBR. They really are part of our families.
sydngoose is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread