Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

Purchased Lures. Am I bieng to petty?

Notices
Like Tree391Likes

Purchased Lures. Am I bieng to petty?

Old 08-27-2017, 06:10 PM
  #161  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,432
Default

Originally Posted by TheBigWhit View Post
Invasion of the Bilge Rats!
Its welcome.. some of you are good fisherman.
CONCHY CRACKER and TheBigWhit like this.
DotRotten is offline  
Old 08-27-2017, 06:43 PM
  #162  
BSL
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 878
Default

just read the first page of remarks, so don't shoot me, but.....

since when do fish swim around with tape measures? the lure did what it is supposed to do already, enticed you to buy it.....
TheBigWhit likes this.
BSL is offline  
Old 08-27-2017, 07:13 PM
  #163  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Perry, Fl
Posts: 301
Default

Originally Posted by mitchell master View Post
Whatever you do,don't take a tape measure to your boat.
To late. ☹️
CONCHY CRACKER likes this.
TrueGrain is offline  
Old 08-27-2017, 07:25 PM
  #164  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Southtexasreds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,538
Default

Too long didn't read.
CONCHY CRACKER likes this.
Southtexasreds is offline  
Old 08-27-2017, 07:36 PM
  #165  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Perry, Fl
Posts: 301
Default

Originally Posted by mikefloyd View Post
They offered to refund your money; what do you want them to do?
I'm not so much expecting anything more, Or even complaining about
The company, The lures are very nice and the company has been great on customer service.
I was just gathering everyone's take on it and trying to better understand how lures are measured and what to actually expect.
CONCHY CRACKER likes this.
TrueGrain is offline  
Old 08-27-2017, 07:57 PM
  #166  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Perry, Fl
Posts: 301
Default

Originally Posted by Cres View Post
have you bought a 2x4 lately
Every day. And engineers wonder why houses blow down..
TrueGrain is offline  
Old 08-27-2017, 08:19 PM
  #167  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Dulcecita Lures's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 16,760
Default

Originally Posted by TrueGrain View Post
I'm not so much expecting anything more, Or even complaining about
The company, The lures are very nice and the company has been great on customer service.
I was just gathering everyone's take on it and trying to better understand how lures are measured and what to actually expect.
Bet ya didn't expect a poop storm! I didn't. Tell me what you are targeting and where and I'll send you a kick ass lure. Free.
Dulcecita Lures is offline  
Old 08-27-2017, 08:22 PM
  #168  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Perry, Fl
Posts: 301
Default

Originally Posted by HosandBoats View Post
People in Texas are dying and losing there homes and you are starting threads over 1 1/2"? Really?
People in Texas are dying and losing their homes and you're reading and posting to threads over 1 1/2" Really?
TrueGrain is offline  
Old 08-27-2017, 08:31 PM
  #169  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Perry, Fl
Posts: 301
Default

Originally Posted by Dulcecita Lures View Post
Bet ya didn't expect a poop storm! I didn't. Tell me what you are targeting and where and I'll send you a kick ass lure. Free.
Not over lures, Wow. Pm sent
TrueGrain is offline  
Old 08-27-2017, 11:07 PM
  #170  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,044
Default

Originally Posted by HosandBoats View Post
People in Texas are dying and losing there homes and you are starting threads over 1 1/2"? Really?
Dislike.
I Fish 2 is offline  
Old 08-28-2017, 06:03 AM
  #171  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Puerto Pensaco Mexico, just south of Rock Point
Posts: 11,530
Default

Originally Posted by I Fish 2 View Post
Dislike.
There is a whole bunch of places to show his feelings on how sad the situation is in Texas,

Agree, dislike for that guy dragging it into this thread
lobstercatcher is offline  
Old 08-28-2017, 07:31 AM
  #172  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Wendell, NC
Posts: 2,177
Default

Well, this thread certainly escalated quickly.

The correct answer to the original post is YES.

Now go fishing. The thread can be closed.
TrueGrain likes this.
NCSUboater is offline  
Old 08-28-2017, 09:27 AM
  #173  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
mduran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 7,424
Default

Originally Posted by lwpierrat View Post
Now i have some non US fool talking shit!Great job and why trump is sending all you scum bags back,lol
Is he talking to ME ????????????????
mduran is offline  
Old 08-28-2017, 09:30 AM
  #174  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Puerto Pensaco Mexico, just south of Rock Point
Posts: 11,530
Default

Originally Posted by mduran View Post
Is he talking to ME ????????????????
I think so. This fake custom plug maker want to build a wall around you. Best I can tell from es espanole
I Fish 2 and TheBigWhit like this.
lobstercatcher is offline  
Old 08-28-2017, 09:36 AM
  #175  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
mduran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 7,424
Default

Originally Posted by I Fish 2 View Post
Please don't go. You've brought a brilliant ray of sunshine into my otherwise dark, gloomy, old man ass day. You seem like a real sweety.
Hahahahahahahaha hahahahhaa!!!! Best one yet.
TheBigWhit likes this.
mduran is offline  
Old 08-28-2017, 09:39 AM
  #176  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
mduran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 7,424
Default

Originally Posted by lobstercatcher View Post
I think so. This fake custom plug maker want to build a wall around you. Best I can tell from es espanole
Damn... and I was playing unusually nice this whole time. I didn't know why you guys were giving him such a hard time. Them Walmart tackle is good stuff.
lobstercatcher and TheBigWhit like this.
mduran is offline  
Old 08-28-2017, 09:58 AM
  #177  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: On The Border
Posts: 5,569
Default

It must be a good thing for some that most women don't carry a tape measures on first dates.
Beuford T. Justice is offline  
Old 08-28-2017, 10:11 AM
  #178  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 2
Default

Hi, we are new here at least with this user representing our company. What a topic and thanks everyone for your great input especially the fellow lure makers out there. We will try to chime in on these forums or attempt to answer questions that people have. This individual we know the story on. He bought some lures from a distributor of ours and complained of the size. They offered a full refund including any shipping charges no questions and explained that the size is skirt size but trimmed and that these lures can vary, but for skirt reorder you get 12" size. Our site and most published data shows overall length of 11" but even that is an estimate as some are closer to 12, this is quite common for skirted lures the variance. (Head OD, Length, and Weight is also all published with no variance)

Regardless, the individual wanted to keep the lure but wanted one that was 12 inches. Our distributor apparently measured but only found 11.621" so decided better send a larger lure Pacífico and confirmed with the customer. They sent a return label included in the package to send the other back and gave a free upgrade to a larger 13" Pacífico Lure (not sure if it was 13.21 or 12.86) but hopefully dang close. (all prior decimal points are a joke, just making a little light of the situation)

Then still he bought another lure or two of the same which was confusing and since then has decided to keep all the lures and even pay for the bigger one which I believe they even gave for discount as well. We believe he is a good customer and honest fisherman, but just confused on skirt size and how lures do vary and we want to do our best to clarify.

Long story short is we are a new player but growing fast as we take great care and great pride in the quality of our products and integrity of our company. In NO WAY whatsoever did we try to mislead anyone on a lure size, that would be crazy for us. If anyone has any questions on our products we encourage you to reach out. We maintain a customer policy of returning any lure you buy for any reason, so people can test to make sure they approve and we know they will. Every single lure model we put out has already been thoroughly tested in Pacific Waters at a minimum.
I also want to thank the people at Oh Snap Lures who notified us of this thread. They make some absolutely stunning lures as well and we love fishing them as well.
I apologize for such a lengthy explanation but wanted to put the other party clarification here in the thread. Thanks so much!

We tried to attach an image but are unable to do so in this forum until we have 10 posts, so we will get to work on that and then send out some cool images.

Cheers!
magbayrep is offline  
Old 08-28-2017, 10:32 AM
  #179  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Squidd Vicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nowhere near Uranus
Posts: 6,684
Default

Originally Posted by magbayrep View Post
Hi, we are new here at least with this user representing our company. What a topic and thanks everyone for your great input especially the fellow lure makers out there. We will try to chime in on these forums or attempt to answer questions that people have. This individual we know the story on. He bought some lures from a distributor of ours and complained of the size. They offered a full refund including any shipping charges no questions and explained that the size is skirt size but trimmed and that these lures can vary, but for skirt reorder you get 12" size. Our site and most published data shows overall length of 11" but even that is an estimate as some are closer to 12, this is quite common for skirted lures the variance. (Head OD, Length, and Weight is also all published with no variance)

Regardless, the individual wanted to keep the lure but wanted one that was 12 inches. Our distributor apparently measured but only found 11.621" so decided better send a larger lure Pacífico and confirmed with the customer. They sent a return label included in the package to send the other back and gave a free upgrade to a larger 13" Pacífico Lure (not sure if it was 13.21 or 12.86) but hopefully dang close. (all prior decimal points are a joke, just making a little light of the situation)

Then still he bought another lure or two of the same which was confusing and since then has decided to keep all the lures and even pay for the bigger one which I believe they even gave for discount as well. We believe he is a good customer and honest fisherman, but just confused on skirt size and how lures do vary and we want to do our best to clarify.

Long story short is we are a new player but growing fast as we take great care and great pride in the quality of our products and integrity of our company. In NO WAY whatsoever did we try to mislead anyone on a lure size, that would be crazy for us. If anyone has any questions on our products we encourage you to reach out. We maintain a customer policy of returning any lure you buy for any reason, so people can test to make sure they approve and we know they will. Every single lure model we put out has already been thoroughly tested in Pacific Waters at a minimum.
I also want to thank the people at Oh Snap Lures who notified us of this thread. They make some absolutely stunning lures as well and we love fishing them as well.
I apologize for such a lengthy explanation but wanted to put the other party clarification here in the thread. Thanks so much!

We tried to attach an image but are unable to do so in this forum until we have 10 posts, so we will get to work on that and then send out some cool images.

Cheers!
Thanks for the clarification. Good luck with your business and welcome to THT
Squidd Vicious is offline  
Old 08-28-2017, 10:35 AM
  #180  
Senior Member
 
Ryan H.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Puerto Pensaco Mexico, just south of Rock Point
Posts: 13,073
Default

for our friend from Lake Worth, how never seems to leave the Pier,

LwPierRat,

Do you have any lures, that are a true 12 inches that I could catch some Marlings with out of my Homesite modified 130 mph Fountain 32 CC?
Ryan H. is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread