Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

Just rolled a big fatty, bout to SMOKE it!!!

Notices
Like Tree20Likes

Just rolled a big fatty, bout to SMOKE it!!!

Old 07-26-2017, 03:28 PM
  #1  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Apollo Beach, FL
Posts: 769
Default Just rolled a big fatty, bout to SMOKE it!!!

Any other smokers in here? There's a great smoking thread over on my other oft-visited forum (for Archery) but none here. I'm sure you guys have done some great butts and briskets...lets see em!








Burgmane is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 03:29 PM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
atcfris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 11,909
Default

Wrong forum, and we have plenty of smoking threads here.
atcfris is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 03:31 PM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nashville, 'Merica!
Posts: 1,526
Default

There's a food forum on here somewhere. What are the ingredients and directions to make that monstrosity? It looks great btw.
Marlin308 is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 03:33 PM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Somewhere NC
Posts: 8,060
Default

WTH is that? (it looks amazing...)
cfarmd is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 03:34 PM
  #5  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: West Carolina
Posts: 21,925
Default

Originally Posted by Marlin308 View Post
There's a food forum on here somewhere. What are the ingredients and directions to make that monstrosity? It looks great btw.
Yeah. Move this to the food forum and give us the recipe. Looks sinful!
Shag is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 03:34 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Lprizman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: RI
Posts: 5,420
Default

That is YUMMZILLA!!!!!!!
After pics please!!! Danggggggg!!!!!
240 LTS likes this.
Lprizman is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 03:50 PM
  #7  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location:
Posts: 4,598
Default

Is it done yet?
go fish is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 03:53 PM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Apollo Beach, FL
Posts: 769
Default

Originally Posted by Marlin308 View Post
There's a food forum on here somewhere. What are the ingredients and directions to make that monstrosity? It looks great btw.
This site is too damn big lol, and no need for anyone else to snark-ily tell me to use the "search" function, it sucks.

This thing is called a fatty (or fattie). Can dress it up however you like, this happens to be a "pizza" variety. The main idea is a bacon weave encapsulating a layer of meat (sometimes sausage, sometimes ground beef, my version here is part ground beef and part ground pork...I've done this with venison sausage many times) that is encapsulating the type of ingredient or stuffing of your choosing.

I've done these with a crab/seafood stuffing including shrimp, I've done em with jalapeños and cheddar, etc. can let your imagination run wild. I'll post pictures when i pull it off the pit. Sounds like this will get moved somewhere else tho...
Burgmane is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 03:54 PM
  #9  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Marlin009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: West Coast FL
Posts: 14,970
Default

I'm surprised some of you haven't seen one. That's a Pizza Fattie.

I've used sausage instead of the pork but good stuff.
Lprizman likes this.
Marlin009 is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 04:04 PM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nashville, 'Merica!
Posts: 1,526
Default

Originally Posted by Burgmane View Post
This site is too damn big lol, and no need for anyone else to snark-ily tell me to use the "search" function, it sucks.

This thing is called a fatty (or fattie). Can dress it up however you like, this happens to be a "pizza" variety. The main idea is a bacon weave encapsulating a layer of meat (sometimes sausage, sometimes ground beef, my version here is part ground beef and part ground pork...I've done this with venison sausage many times) that is encapsulating the type of ingredient or stuffing of your choosing.

I've done these with a crab/seafood stuffing including shrimp, I've done em with jalapeños and cheddar, etc. can let your imagination run wild. I'll post pictures when i pull it off the pit. Sounds like this will get moved somewhere else tho...
You had me at "bacon weave encapsulating"....
Marlin308 is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 04:06 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cape Fear, NC
Posts: 11,471
Default

Nice creation leave it here. Nobody goes to the food forum anymore or sports forum for that matter.
240 LTS and casualc like this.
back at it is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 04:15 PM
  #12  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Baltimore,Maryland
Posts: 5,335
Default

Damn that looks good! I don't have the patience for all that prep. though.
Lone Ranger is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 04:16 PM
  #13  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Marlin009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: West Coast FL
Posts: 14,970
Default

Originally Posted by Burgmane View Post
Any other smokers in here? There's a great smoking thread over on my other oft-visited forum (for Archery) but none here. I'm sure you guys have done some great butts and briskets...lets see em!








Hey, you left out the box of toothpicks.
Marlin009 is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 04:32 PM
  #14  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Apollo Beach, FL
Posts: 769
Default

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger View Post
Damn that looks good! I don't have the patience for all that prep. though.
Everyone has a different idea of "effort", but it only took me about 10-15 mins to get the whole thing together and rolled.

Smoke it at 225 until it his 165 internal temp, or about 2.5 hours.

Fun to do and damn near impossible to screw up. It's a crowd pleaser, too.
Lprizman and back at it like this.
Burgmane is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 05:58 PM
  #15  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Apollo Beach, FL
Posts: 769
Default

Pure deliciousness



Did a couple racks of baby backs as well. Not a bad dinner.




Try a fattie one time. I've done them in the oven and even a gas grill. Smoked is best though!
Burgmane is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 06:02 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Lprizman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: RI
Posts: 5,420
Default

God dang!!!!!!!!! Cut it open!!!!
Lprizman is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 06:03 PM
  #17  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nashville, 'Merica!
Posts: 1,526
Default

Sweet Jesus.
Marlin308 is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 06:03 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Lprizman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: RI
Posts: 5,420
Default

Again!!!!
Lprizman is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 06:04 PM
  #19  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
240 LTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Upper Chesapeake Bay
Posts: 20,681
Default

After reading this and looking at the photos, I think I need a beer (or two) to go along with it.


.
240 LTS is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 06:05 PM
  #20  
THT SponsorCaptains Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wisconsin And Marathon,Fl
Posts: 8,461
Default

Damn I will eat at your place any time. Nice job.
mikeloew is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread