Notices

Rtic 20 rotomolded cooler

Old 03-31-2017, 12:41 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 0
Default Rtic 20 rotomolded cooler

Does anybody know if this is normal with rotomolded coolers? Inside the bottom of the cooler there are small holes. It almost looks like the shell had some bubbles and the busted causing the holes/ craters. They don't look like they are a problem but just wanted to make sure I didn't get a faulty cooler. I would add a picture but don't know how. Thanks for any answers.
bberry985 is offline  
Old 03-31-2017, 12:49 PM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: SE NC
Posts: 836
Default

Originally Posted by bberry985 View Post
Does anybody know if this is normal with rotomolded coolers? Inside the bottom of the cooler there are small holes. It almost looks like the shell had some bubbles and the busted causing the holes/ craters. They don't look like they are a problem but just wanted to make sure I didn't get a faulty cooler. I would add a picture but don't know how. Thanks for any answers.
This was in my Yeti and they exchanged it for free after I had it for a couple years. I guess I didnt notice it until the pin holes got stuff in them and I couldnt clean them. Yeti called it "porosity". Paid for shipping both ways on a brand new one. Not sure what Rtic will do.
DOYAM is online now  
Old 03-31-2017, 12:50 PM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: SE NC
Posts: 836
Default

Looked like this.
Attached Images  
DOYAM is online now  
Old 03-31-2017, 12:58 PM
  #4  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 0
Default

The holes are slightly bigger. I was told they would replace it or give me 20% discount. I'm just trying to decide what to do. Thanks for the quick reply though.
Attached Images  
bberry985 is offline  
Old 03-31-2017, 01:00 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 2,908
Default

Originally Posted by bberry985 View Post
The holes are slightly bigger. I was told they would replace it or give me 20% discount. I'm just trying to decide what to do. Thanks for the quick reply though.
I wouldnt be happy with that
Id get it replaced
fjmaverick is offline  
Old 03-31-2017, 01:23 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 4,043
Default

My Yeti has spots like that, doesn't really bother me, I'd take a 20% discount personally.
Jim311 is offline  
Old 03-31-2017, 01:55 PM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 122
Default

Originally Posted by fjmaverick View Post
I wouldnt be happy with that
Id get it replaced
X2
Dennis Bc is offline  
Old 03-31-2017, 03:06 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 2,908
Default

Originally Posted by Jim311 View Post
My Yeti has spots like that, doesn't really bother me, I'd take a 20% discount personally.
Platic plants are really automated these days. Most of the QC people complain about needs to be stopped during production not after the fact (someone was asleep at the wheel). Surprising to hear from Yeti not so much Rtic.

I have an rtic 45 and love it
Its not perfect but its damn close (and im pretty anal)
fjmaverick is offline  
Old 03-31-2017, 03:22 PM
  #9  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Southern Florida
Posts: 250
Default

If they had a real warranty and you weren't ever planning to use it for food, I might be tempted to keep it provided a discount. However you're never going to be able to keep that thing sanitary inside, and IMHO 20% is weak considering they would charge you 15% to ship it back to them...

My $0.02
m0ther is offline  
Old 04-01-2017, 10:52 AM
  #10  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 0
Default

Thanks for all the comments. I think I'm going to see if I can convince them to give me a better discount. If that doesn't work I'll probably send it back. I don't feel like the imperfections will hurt the function of the cooler but for the amount the cooler costs I feel like it shouldn't have any imperfections.
bberry985 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread