Notices

NRA membership renewal ?

Old 01-13-2017, 07:37 PM
  #1  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
spraynet 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sanford, FL
Posts: 7,213
Default NRA membership renewal ?

My membership is up 2/28/2017 and I'm curious as to what others pay here for they're yearly / Bi-yearly / etc memberships. My statement says the following:

1 year......$40.00
2 year......$75.00
3 year......$100.00
5 year......$140.00

I don't want to nickle and dime these great folks, but I do have to count everything going out so I'm always looking for reduced fee's on most everything I purchase and this is no different.

Let me know what you folks pay and/or is it worth waiting a few more weeks.

As always thanks...
spraynet 1 is offline  
Old 01-13-2017, 07:50 PM
  #2  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: St. Augustine, Fl
Posts: 21,796
Default

They were running a lifetime a while back for 350, I believe.


I saw 1 year for 30 bucks and a duffle just today on facebook for 411....
Cracker is offline  
Old 01-13-2017, 07:56 PM
  #3  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsyltucky
Posts: 7,110
Default

I did the 5 yrs for $140
Brad1 is offline  
Old 01-13-2017, 08:01 PM
  #4  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: St. Augustine, Fl
Posts: 21,796
Default

They had the lifetime a while back for like 350.... I am a life member

Last edited by Cracker; 01-14-2017 at 04:46 AM.
Cracker is offline  
Old 01-13-2017, 09:04 PM
  #5  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
PLEDGER
 
Bruce W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: VA
Posts: 14,967
Default

Renewed mine (NRA & annual range fee) about 10 days ago at the range I belong to - they REQUIRE NRA membership and give $5 off the "direct" price, so it was $35. Now, I just gotta' get OUT there and SHOOT! Have a S&W M&P Shield 9mm (bought new about 6mo. ago) and a Remington 870 20ga. 21" bbl. (bought "slightly used" about 3-4mo. ago) - BOTH of which I have not fired yet!

Regards,
Bruce W is offline  
Old 01-13-2017, 09:12 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Jason75979's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shepherd, Texas
Posts: 7,764
Default

Life member.
Pay a year, and then wait for one of the lifer promotions. That's what I did.
My range requires it also.
Jason75979 is offline  
Old 01-13-2017, 09:40 PM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location:
Posts: 3,432
Default

I have been a Life Member since the day after I was born. My Pops first gift to me at 2 days old.

I have since upgraded to Life Member Endowment Level for another $500.00.

Just last week I sent in another $250.00 to become a Patriot Member at the Endowment Level. That was the latest mailer they sent to donate. I'm getting a nice new rolling duffel bag and my name will be listed on their Wall of Honor. Whatever that means.

I try and send $250 a year regardless of the need to renew. Everyone that owns a gun should. Period.

To me, you should support the NRA at all costs. As much as you can afford. Don't try and get a cheap membership to save money. Put your money down if you like guns.

I am a poor piece of shit compared to 99.9% of folks on here. If I can afford it, every gun owner on here can. You either like the 2nd Amendment or you don't. No excuses are valid in my mind.

As many gun nuts as there are on here and with the money folks blabber about on here, if they aren't at least Life Members, in my mind, they suck.

Love or hate them, they are a big reason we are not bombarded with more restrictions and more senseless gun laws.

I know they send lots of mailers and magazines, I reckon the garbage mail is a small price to pay for their tireless work towards ensuring future generations will have the same rights as I and the generations before me have had.
bayrunner16 is online now  
Old 01-14-2017, 06:04 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Jason75979's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shepherd, Texas
Posts: 7,764
Default

Originally Posted by bayrunner16 View Post
I have been a Life Member since the day after I was born. My Pops first gift to me at 2 days old.

I have since upgraded to Life Member Endowment Level for another $500.00.

Just last week I sent in another $250.00 to become a Patriot Member at the Endowment Level. That was the latest mailer they sent to donate. I'm getting a nice new rolling duffel bag and my name will be listed on their Wall of Honor. Whatever that means.

I try and send $250 a year regardless of the need to renew. Everyone that owns a gun should. Period.

To me, you should support the NRA at all costs. As much as you can afford. Don't try and get a cheap membership to save money. Put your money down if you like guns.

I am a poor piece of shit compared to 99.9% of folks on here. If I can afford it, every gun owner on here can. You either like the 2nd Amendment or you don't. No excuses are valid in my mind.

As many gun nuts as there are on here and with the money folks blabber about on here, if they aren't at least Life Members, in my mind, they suck.

Love or hate them, they are a big reason we are not bombarded with more restrictions and more senseless gun laws.

I know they send lots of mailers and magazines, I reckon the garbage mail is a small price to pay for their tireless work towards ensuring future generations will have the same rights as I and the generations before me have had.
You can opt out of the mailers. I did as I feel it's wasting our money. Put it towards more 2A advocacy instead.
I do still choose to receive the ILA emails as there's good information in there pertaining to current 2A fights.
Jason75979 is offline  
Old 01-14-2017, 07:00 AM
  #9  
Senior MemberPLEDGERPLEDGERCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ATL & SAV
Posts: 12,246
Default

Lifetime Member ... purchased a decade ago.
Tireless is offline  
Old 01-14-2017, 07:06 AM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
spraynet 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sanford, FL
Posts: 7,213
Default

Thanks for all the quick responses everyone. I now know what I was quoted is what everyone else is seeing. The Mrs, does all the bills in this house and she's away for several weeks in MD Anderson so I had no idea if I was about to get ripped off or not.

Bayrunner16....

While I for one can certainly appreciate your enthusiasm and passion: I don't believe for one second that someone "sucks" if their not a lifetime member......if you can afford it great! Many of us here while NRA members dedicate other $$$$'s towards other groups in need as well. Balance my friend!

spraynet 1 is offline  
Old 01-14-2017, 07:22 AM
  #11  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 487
Default

Originally Posted by Jason75979 View Post
You can opt out of the mailers. I did as I feel it's wasting our money. Put it towards more 2A advocacy instead.
I do still choose to receive the ILA emails as there's good information in there pertaining to current 2A fights.
This is good to know. I stopped sending my money just because all the mailings I get. Time to re join.
VesselCalling is offline  
Old 01-14-2017, 07:24 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 205
Default

If you belong to a gun club check out renewing through them. I get a $10 a year discount if I renew through the club,

I'm also fortunate to have a Cableas near me and for the past two years I was able to renew at one of their promotions. They handed me a Cabelas gift card for the price of the membership.
willf650 is offline  
Old 01-14-2017, 07:35 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Jason75979's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shepherd, Texas
Posts: 7,764
Default

Originally Posted by VesselCalling View Post
This is good to know. I stopped sending my money just because all the mailings I get. Time to re join.
I had to call and talk to them, just an FYI.
Jason75979 is offline  
Old 01-14-2017, 01:01 PM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,146
Default

0 years for 0 $.

Best deal around!
Snoozin is offline  
Old 01-14-2017, 01:35 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,791
Default

Originally Posted by bayrunner16 View Post
I have been a Life Member since the day after I was born. My Pops first gift to me at 2 days old.

I have since upgraded to Life Member Endowment Level for another $500.00.

Just last week I sent in another $250.00 to become a Patriot Member at the Endowment Level. That was the latest mailer they sent to donate. I'm getting a nice new rolling duffel bag and my name will be listed on their Wall of Honor. Whatever that means.

I try and send $250 a year regardless of the need to renew. Everyone that owns a gun should. Period.

To me, you should support the NRA at all costs. As much as you can afford. Don't try and get a cheap membership to save money. Put your money down if you like guns.

I am a poor piece of shit compared to 99.9% of folks on here. If I can afford it, every gun owner on here can. You either like the 2nd Amendment or you don't. No excuses are valid in my mind.

As many gun nuts as there are on here and with the money folks blabber about on here, if they aren't at least Life Members, in my mind, they suck.

Love or hate them, they are a big reason we are not bombarded with more restrictions and more senseless gun laws.

I know they send lots of mailers and magazines, I reckon the garbage mail is a small price to pay for their tireless work towards ensuring future generations will have the same rights as I and the generations before me have had.
You sound like a cult member.

If they change management they may get me back as a member.
Jersus is online now  
Old 01-14-2017, 01:46 PM
  #16  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Kent Narrows, MD
Posts: 7,087
Default

Every year they send and "upgraded" membership level which I buy for the same reason as bayrunner

I think I'm at the Grand Poobah level - doesn't matter - they advocate for my 2A rights and its worth it

I opted out of all mailings
Elusive is offline  
Old 01-14-2017, 01:50 PM
  #17  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Central Florida (Longwood)
Posts: 1,336
Default

I've been a member for over 30 years. Been a Life Member for 10 years. The NRA looks out for our 2nd Amendment rights. If we don't all get together and do it, nobody will The libs would take away our gun right in the blink of an eye, if they were able to.

And no, I am not a cult member.
PXMAN is offline  
Old 01-14-2017, 04:18 PM
  #18  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location:
Posts: 3,432
Default

Originally Posted by Jersus View Post
You sound like a cult member.

If they change management they may get me back as a member.


Yeah, I've heard that before.

I see myself more as a fanatic of the 2nd Amendment and shooting sports/hunting.

I shoot daily. Guns are an important part of my life.

Love them or hate them, without them there would be far, far more restrictions.
bayrunner16 is online now  
Old 01-14-2017, 04:52 PM
  #19  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ramrod Key, FL
Posts: 2,576
Default

Originally Posted by Snoozin View Post
0 years for 0 $.

Best deal around!
This.
burningdaylight is offline  
Old 01-14-2017, 05:19 PM
  #20  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,517
Default

Who else is going to lobby for your 2nd Amendment Rights? Agreed, they can be a pain in the ass, and sometimes an embarrassment, but they are the only formidable representation gun owners have.


Get a life membership by phone and insist on no mailings. They can block them.
petrel is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread