Notices

Mystery Pictures

Old 01-12-2017, 02:41 PM
  #1  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Oviedo, Florida
Posts: 705
Default Mystery Pictures

So, last weekend was what we call a " snow day" here (temps in the 40's).

Needed something to do so I started cleaning up some things around the house.

I came across a roll of 35mm film that was in a camera I found about 15 years ago on the west coast here in Fl. , Treasure Island I think.

Tried our best to find the owner but no go. It was an inexpensive Olympus point and shoot.

I think I gave the camera to one of the kids years ago.

So, to get to the point of my post, I'm wondering what's on the roll of film. But I don't want to show up at Walgreens with the police waiting for me if the camera belonged to a freakin child molester.
With social media today, it would be cool to get the photo's back to the owners if they're family vacation shots. I know I would be thrilled.

Bring them in or drop it in the trash and move on?
I'm really curious though!

Z
rzotti is online now  
Old 01-12-2017, 02:44 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location:
Posts: 248
Default

Take them to a one hour place and go for it... seriously doubt there's anything inappropriate on them. Plus you have your THT ALIBI now.
Minnow is offline  
Old 01-12-2017, 02:47 PM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Oviedo, Florida
Posts: 705
Default

Right! It's on the interwebs!
rzotti is online now  
Old 01-12-2017, 03:01 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,153
Default

not sure, but would the film last that long? I would bet there is nothing left on there, the film degrades over time...I think
cparkerc is offline  
Old 01-12-2017, 03:14 PM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Oviedo, Florida
Posts: 705
Default

I didn't think of that. Gonna google it.
rzotti is online now  
Old 01-12-2017, 03:19 PM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Oviedo, Florida
Posts: 705
Default

Though possibly degraded, I should still be able to develope them.
rzotti is online now  
Old 01-12-2017, 03:24 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,153
Default

cparkerc is offline  
Old 01-12-2017, 03:37 PM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Dulcecita Lures's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 16,758
Default

Similar situation with a found camera at an airport in San Francisco, never found the owner. Came across the roll of film many years later.

Decided I didn't want to know what was on it (good, bad, whatever). Trashed it.
Dulcecita Lures is offline  
Old 01-12-2017, 03:49 PM
  #9  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: BFE
Posts: 2,801
Default

Can only imagine what the folks at the developing places see.

Then again, maybe I don't want to know what they see.
Riptied is offline  
Old 01-12-2017, 03:51 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Middle Sound, NC
Posts: 7,279
Default

I found several rolls of film in my Grandpa's shop when he passed. Decided to get them developed. They came out fine. Turns out they were shot by my Dad in high school and college some 35yrs prior. When I told my Dad about them, he nearly went into a panic. I reassured him there were none rated X or R, just some PG13. I gave them to him to go through before I showed anyone else. He released them for general viewing.

Whole family had fun with them.

In another case, a guest at my house left and forgot their camera. Called me and asked if I could look for it. I found it. Before I sent it to them, I gifted them with some "creative photography" and burned up the whole roll that was in it. Packed it off and sent it. Again, nothing R or X. But pushed it.

Got a call a couple weeks later. All they said was that they would never forget their camera again!!

Fun.
Corndog38 is offline  
Old 01-12-2017, 03:52 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Middle of SC
Posts: 318
Default

Back in high school, it wasn't odd to come across disposable 110 cameras at parties. A group of us guys would often grab the camera, and take MDP's.

It was a damn hoot! Back in the earlly 90's, there wasn't all the "problems" that are highly publicized now. Well...there WERE there problems, but they weren't publicized. It was innocent fun.

Sadly, today we could be charged with disseminating childhood pornography. Oh...how times have changed.
USMCsilver is offline  
Old 01-12-2017, 04:04 PM
  #12  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 5
Default

got My first digital Camera back in the Day, (Kodak)... Something went wrong, still under warranty, I sent it back. A couple weeks later, It was returned.. As I powered it up, only to find out there were Pictures on it, of a Party, women, and..... (Lets leave it at that)..
Called up Customer service, explaining the situation... They Kindly asked Me to mail back overnight at Their cost, The "Other" Party had contacted them, as All thiers had were Fishing pictures, RE: My camera.... XD
crossthread42 is offline  
Old 01-12-2017, 05:00 PM
  #13  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Marblehead, Ohio
Posts: 9,685
Default

If not your camera, toss it. why pay money to look at pics of strangers? respect their privacy.
Boataholic is offline  
Old 01-13-2017, 05:34 AM
  #14  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: East Hampton Ct
Posts: 3,197
Default

Originally Posted by Corndog38 View Post
I found several rolls of film in my Grandpa's shop when he passed. Decided to get them developed. They came out fine. Turns out they were shot by my Dad in high school and college some 35yrs prior. When I told my Dad about them, he nearly went into a panic. I reassured him there were none rated X or R, just some PG13. I gave them to him to go through before I showed anyone else. He released them for general viewing.

Whole family had fun with them.

In another case, a guest at my house left and forgot their camera. Called me and asked if I could look for it. I found it. Before I sent it to them, I gifted them with some "creative photography" and burned up the whole roll that was in it. Packed it off and sent it. Again, nothing R or X. But pushed it.

Got a call a couple weeks later. All they said was that they would never forget their camera again!!

Fun.

Been guilty of that myself once. At a family get together yrs ago my SIL, major biotch, had a Kodak disposable party camera passed around. So after a lot of beers, the only way to go to her house, I decided to take the camera into the bathroom for a whizzzz to show I can point and shoot with both hands at the same time.
Never did hear about that film.
KeithS is online now  
Old 01-13-2017, 06:55 AM
  #15  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Indian Isle,Down Elk, NC
Posts: 553
Default

Originally Posted by KeithS View Post
Been guilty of that myself once. At a family get together yrs ago my SIL, major biotch, had a Kodak disposable party camera passed around. So after a lot of beers, the only way to go to her house, I decided to take the camera into the bathroom for a whizzzz to show I can point and shoot with both hands at the same time.
Never did hear about that film.
Lack of evidence?
foxsea is offline  
Old 01-13-2017, 07:16 AM
  #16  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Baltimore,Maryland
Posts: 5,249
Default

Originally Posted by foxsea View Post
Lack of evidence?


Lone Ranger is offline  
Old 01-13-2017, 07:20 AM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. Pete
Posts: 1,199
Default

Originally Posted by KeithS View Post
Been guilty of that myself once. At a family get together yrs ago my SIL, major biotch, had a Kodak disposable party camera passed around. So after a lot of beers, the only way to go to her house, I decided to take the camera into the bathroom for a whizzzz to show I can point and shoot with both hands at the same time.
Never did hear about that film.
I worked on a research ship for a couple of years. The running joke was that if you left a camera unattended someone would take a dick pic with it. Never heard of anyone actually doing it before I did. A couple of months later this crusty hard-ass commercial diver had a stack of photos and was screaming about how his wife had them developed and what he was going to do if he figured out who took that shot. And I broke into a cold sweat when I realized that I WAS WEARING THE SAME SHIRT THAT WAS IN THE PHOTO! I slunk out of the room safely.
drkptt is offline  
Old 01-13-2017, 07:23 AM
  #18  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Dead Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: OIB
Posts: 4,743
Default

Lack of evidence? ---



short subject matter-
Dead Horse is online now  
Old 01-13-2017, 07:32 AM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Middle Sound, NC
Posts: 7,279
Default

Originally Posted by drkptt View Post
I worked on a research ship for a couple of years. The running joke was that if you left a camera unattended someone would take a dick pic with it. Never heard of anyone actually doing it before I did. A couple of months later this crusty hard-ass commercial diver had a stack of photos and was screaming about how his wife had them developed and what he was going to do if he figured out who took that shot. And I broke into a cold sweat when I realized that I WAS WEARING THE SAME SHIRT THAT WAS IN THE PHOTO! I slunk out of the room safely.

Hilarious!
Corndog38 is offline  
Old 01-14-2017, 07:49 AM
  #20  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: East Hampton Ct
Posts: 3,197
Default

As long as it works for me, size don't matter.
Taking a pic like that is harder then you'd think. Trying to look through the shudder and aiming the camera in one hand making sure not to include identifying features such as clothes, rings, watches, tattoos, piercings, etc. Then bringing it all together and whizzing on que, you really only get one shot at it. Although with today's digital cameras it may be easier to do some editing for the final pic.
KeithS is online now  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread