Notices

Pack Cyclists

Old 12-31-2016, 11:28 AM
  #181  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sodus Point, NY
Posts: 24
Default

I agree with "I fish 2", its not about the taxes.

The reality is that the state legislatures have defined a bicycle as a vehicle and in the absence of a dedicated bike lane are required to ride in the road.
MustaGotLost is offline  
Old 12-31-2016, 11:59 PM
  #182  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,044
Default

Originally Posted by Slamdancer View Post

Just because someone may commit a traffic violation does not give others the right to harass or confront them.
That's of no matter. The basis for your argument still is the fact that you first committed a crime, and now, you feel you have the right to dictate the outcome?

Seriously, despite a big assed tractor being required it, if the Amish buggy is required to have a SMV, shouldn't a bicyclist? Just because there are 5 tractor/implements on the road, that doesn't give 4 permission to be there without a SMV. Each implement is required to have one. An implement is a tool, and each bicyclist should be required to display an SMV.

What say you bicyclists?

And happy New Year!
I Fish 2 is offline  
Old 01-01-2017, 06:25 AM
  #183  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seacoast NH
Posts: 6,197
Default

Originally Posted by I Fish 2 View Post
That's of no matter. The basis for your argument still is the fact that you first committed a crime, and now, you feel you have the right to dictate the outcome?

Seriously, despite a big assed tractor being required it, if the Amish buggy is required to have a SMV, shouldn't a bicyclist? Just because there are 5 tractor/implements on the road, that doesn't give 4 permission to be there without a SMV. Each implement is required to have one. An implement is a tool, and each bicyclist should be required to display an SMV.

What say you bicyclists?

And happy New Year!
What I say is that is as stupid as this thread.
Packs of bikes is retarded. I ride, there is zero reason for people to ride side by side, ever. As a matter of fact most of the towns by me which I ride, it is illegal and they will stop you. If your training for a race, you can ride in pack during a race, or draft in the race. Equally retarded are some of the comments of drivers about bikes.

Both sides are full of self-absorbed douche bags.
Boat Hound is offline  
Old 01-01-2017, 07:48 AM
  #184  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,417
Default

Originally Posted by Boat Hound View Post
...

Both sides are full of self-absorbed douche bags.
x2
chrispnet is offline  
Old 01-01-2017, 09:12 AM
  #185  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
TheBigWhit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Southport Raw Bar
Posts: 4,102
Default

Thumb tacks...

We had a serious infestation of self-absorbed and combative "bikers" in tights plugging up our neighborhood streets for a while. Somebody figured out those skinny high pressure tires don't do well with thumb tacks and evidently, word travels very fast amongst the tight-wearing bikers... Every once in a while they test and need a reminder but a box is only $0.75 at Dollar General! Problem solved.
TheBigWhit is offline  
Old 01-01-2017, 11:07 AM
  #186  
Senior Member
 
Eastport205's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Brick, NJ
Posts: 3,509
Default

Originally Posted by TheBigWhit View Post
Thumb tacks...

We had a serious infestation of self-absorbed and combative "bikers" in tights plugging up our neighborhood streets for a while. Somebody figured out those skinny high pressure tires don't do well with thumb tacks and evidently, word travels very fast amongst the tight-wearing bikers... Every once in a while they test and need a reminder but a box is only $0.75 at Dollar General! Problem solved.
Don't be surprised when the neighborhood is peppered with drywall screws in return
Eastport205 is offline  
Old 01-01-2017, 05:48 PM
  #187  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,807
Default

It's pretty funny, people in such a dam big hurry that they don't have a minute to waist because some dudes are out exercising and having fun. I like to think that if I get that negative, I'll have the grace to check out of the system.

I'm sure most of these angry sobs are in a big rush to get to their cubes to work their 85k jobs
Time Machine is offline  
Old 01-01-2017, 05:55 PM
  #188  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15,655
Default

Originally Posted by Boat Hound View Post
What I say is that is as stupid as this thread.
Packs of bikes is retarded. I ride, there is zero reason for people to ride side by side, ever. As a matter of fact most of the towns by me which I ride, it is illegal and they will stop you. If your training for a race, you can ride in pack during a race, or draft in the race. Equally retarded are some of the comments of drivers about bikes.
.

therein lies the basis for anti-bike sentiment. Fairhope, AL, allows bike clubs to travel down 2-lane, hilly, roads where passing is tough, and then bikers up to 3 across prevent anybody from attempting. This on a 3 mile country road. Yes, I've BTDT, and don't care for their attitudes at all.
bamaboy473 is offline  
Old 01-01-2017, 05:55 PM
  #189  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Jerczystan
Posts: 366
Default

Lots of angry out there

I thought I got angry with road delays, turns out I'm calm by comparison to many!

Glad I only ride my bike off road and I'm in a 7500+ pound tank anytime I share the road with some of you.

Is the next thing I'll have to worry about a bunch of guys in center consoles trying to speargun me off my ski?

(Or are cyclists REALLY that bad in some places?)
Stray Current is offline  
Old 01-01-2017, 05:58 PM
  #190  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SC
Posts: 10,386
Default

Originally Posted by Time Machine View Post
It's pretty funny, people in such a dam big hurry that they don't have a minute to waist because some dudes are out exercising and having fun. I like to think that if I get that negative, I'll have the grace to check out of the system.

I'm sure most of these angry sobs are in a big rush to get to their cubes to work their 85k jobs
Not the case at all. I don't mind waiting briefly for a safe place to pass. The issue is the packs pick roads that have none, and are LONG. Waiting behind them for miles on end is unreasonable, as is their picking such roads to ride on to begin with.
autobaun70 is offline  
Old 01-01-2017, 06:48 PM
  #191  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,417
Default

Originally Posted by Time Machine View Post
... I like to think that if I get that negative, I'll have the grace to check out of the system.

:
You won't.
chrispnet is offline  
Old 01-01-2017, 06:51 PM
  #192  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,807
Default

Originally Posted by chrispnet View Post
You won't.
Yea, I don't think that I will ever be so miserable that I can't wait a few minutes because some people are having some fun.
Time Machine is offline  
Old 01-01-2017, 06:57 PM
  #193  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Right Coast of Florida/E.Tennessee
Posts: 6,426
Default

Well I must tell a story how a truck full of drunkin' rednecks loaded up with automatic paint ball guns assaulted about 300 bikers.... it was glorious. Seems we don't have 5 wide anymore on the two lane and they stay in the bike lane. All is good again.

Makin' America Great again.
DavenFla is offline  
Old 01-01-2017, 07:06 PM
  #194  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
TheBigWhit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Southport Raw Bar
Posts: 4,102
Default

Originally Posted by DavenFla View Post
Well I must tell a story how a truck full of drunkin' rednecks loaded up with automatic paint ball guns assaulted about 300 bikers.... it was glorious. Seems we don't have 5 wide anymore on the two lane and they stay in the bike lane. All is good again.

Makin' America Great again.
This story has a nice happy ending!
TheBigWhit is offline  
Old 01-01-2017, 07:44 PM
  #195  
Senior Member
 
Eastport205's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Brick, NJ
Posts: 3,509
Default

Originally Posted by DavenFla View Post
Well I must tell a story how a truck full of drunkin' rednecks loaded up with automatic paint ball guns assaulted about 300 bikers.... it was glorious. Seems we don't have 5 wide anymore on the two lane and they stay in the bike lane. All is good again.

Makin' America Great again.
Eastport205 is offline  
Old 01-02-2017, 05:50 AM
  #196  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15,655
Default

Originally Posted by Time Machine View Post
Yea, I don't think that I will ever be so miserable that I can't wait a few minutes because some people are having some fun.
You've elected to consider that, "...a few minutes..", is the issue. How about a two lane curving, hilly road that is 3.2 miles between cross-roads? Bikes slow to a couple MPH going up the hills...most traffic on weekends is boaters hauling trailers so they can go boating. How long would your patience last if you were behind 2 and 3 across nannies waving at you and turning, grinning, like they own the road and you just deal with it?

THAT is the crux of the anger some of us feel. A few minutes? phah, how about 30 or more? Meeting somebody at the ramp? A tradesman having to get to a job on time? Going to a wedding? Lots of reasons that people don't have an extra 30 minutes to get somewhere. Do you, really?
bamaboy473 is offline  
Old 01-02-2017, 05:54 AM
  #197  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 4,735
Default

Originally Posted by Stray Current View Post

(Or are cyclists REALLY that bad in some places?)
Yes.
slipkid is offline  
Old 01-02-2017, 06:36 AM
  #198  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,807
Default

Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
You've elected to consider that, "...a few minutes..", is the issue. How about a two lane curving, hilly road that is 3.2 miles between cross-roads? Bikes slow to a couple MPH going up the hills...most traffic on weekends is boaters hauling trailers so they can go boating. How long would your patience last if you were behind 2 and 3 across nannies waving at you and turning, grinning, like they own the road and you just deal with it?

THAT is the crux of the anger some of us feel. A few minutes? phah, how about 30 or more? Meeting somebody at the ramp? A tradesman having to get to a job on time? Going to a wedding? Lots of reasons that people don't have an extra 30 minutes to get somewhere. Do you, really?
Sorry to tell you dude, I'm busy, and trying to do stuff, and sometimes I tow my boats, but I'm not going to get triggered because some people are riding their bicycles, trying to stay in shape and have some fun.

Too many hotheads on the road already, trying to race to their cubicles for their dead end jobs. I'm pretty sure that the same people that get mad at bicycles also don't like to see kids in their litle optimist sailboats, and don't like stopping for pedestrians at crosswalks.
Time Machine is offline  
Old 01-02-2017, 06:45 AM
  #199  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Jason75979's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shepherd, Texas
Posts: 7,764
Default

That argument goes both ways, Time Machine. Some guys are so self absorbed they don't give a shit that others around them have a life, and somewhere to be, so they hog the roadways creating traffic problems and delaying people. I liken them to the guy that pulls his boat partially out of the ramp and then begins to clean it, just short of waxing, on a busy weekend.
Jason75979 is offline  
Old 01-02-2017, 06:48 AM
  #200  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SC
Posts: 10,386
Default

Originally Posted by Time Machine View Post
Sorry to tell you dude, I'm busy, and trying to do stuff, and sometimes I tow my boats, but I'm not going to get triggered because some people are riding their bicycles, trying to stay in shape and have some fun.

Too many hotheads on the road already, trying to race to their cubicles for their dead end jobs. I'm pretty sure that the same people that get mad at bicycles also don't like to see kids in their litle optimist sailboats, and don't like stopping for pedestrians at crosswalks.
Have you ever gotten stuck behind cyclist for 30 minutes? I have on numerous occasions. It pisses me off. I would not advocate violence against such people but a few friendly honks of the horn are in order.
autobaun70 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread