Notices

1911 Perfect Trigger Job

Old 12-01-2016, 02:16 PM
  #1  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Clayton/NC Coast
Posts: 2,924
Default 1911 Perfect Trigger Job

Had some time today to mess with a few of my 1911 pistols. I finally got a chance last week to try out my S&W PC1911 and must say it has me pretty spoiled. One of the best feeling triggers I have ever felt on a 1911 pistol.

On Sunday I decided to order all new matched parts and gut my Taurus and see just how close I could get to the S&W. Today I spent a couple of hours fitting and testing all the parts and have to say, it came out pretty good! I already had the Cylinder and Slide Lightweight Videki trigger and had swapped out the springs for Wilson Combat parts but today I did a Cylinder and Slide Tactical 2 Match 4lb set trigger pull. New hammer, sear, disconnector, hammer spring, and light pull sear spring as well as the Cylinder and slide Tactical Match extended hammer strut and new pins.

Everything went together nicely with a minimum of work. I did a little polishing prior to assembly and once completed it felt like a new gun. Getting ready to replace the grips with a set of VZ Operators II and then plan to give it another workout to see how it performs.

Finally, a little gun porn becuae I know everyone loves pictures!
Attached Images  
budbrande is offline  
Old 12-01-2016, 02:25 PM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Somewhere NC
Posts: 8,213
Default

being we are in the same area, where do you target shoot? we should get together
cfarmd is offline  
Old 12-01-2016, 02:50 PM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Clayton/NC Coast
Posts: 2,924
Default

Originally Posted by cfarmd View Post
being we are in the same area, where do you target shoot? we should get together
Last weekend I went over to visit one of my buddies in Youngsville. He has 12 acres back in the woods with a nice place to shoot. I am thinking about joining Personal Defense and Handgun in Raleigh since they are so close. They are off of Tryon Rd just past the 70/401 split heading towards Raleigh.
budbrande is offline  
Old 12-01-2016, 02:54 PM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Somewhere NC
Posts: 8,213
Default

Originally Posted by budbrande View Post
Last weekend I went over to visit one of my buddies in Youngsville. He has 12 acres back in the woods with a nice place to shoot. I am thinking about joining Personal Defense and Handgun in Raleigh since they are so close. They are off of Tryon Rd just past the 70/401 split heading towards Raleigh.
gotcha I much prefer steel to paper
cfarmd is offline  
Old 12-01-2016, 03:06 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Sneaky Snooker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 9,071
Default

Here's a pair of Dan Wessons. CCO in 45acp on the left, and a Valkyrie Commander in .38 super on the right. The Valyrie was custom made for me in that caliber.
Sneaky Snooker is offline  
Old 12-01-2016, 03:40 PM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Clayton/NC Coast
Posts: 2,924
Default

I really like the grips on the Valkyrie! One thing about the Dan Wesson's, you really can't do to much to improve on them as they are pretty much perfect out of the box!
budbrande is offline  
Old 12-01-2016, 03:52 PM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hanahan, SC
Posts: 8,051
Default

Nice guns
schoolsout1 is offline  
Old 12-02-2016, 04:57 AM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ocala
Posts: 2,870
Default

Originally Posted by budbrande View Post
Had some time today to mess with a few of my 1911 pistols. I finally got a chance last week to try out my S&W PC1911 and must say it has me pretty spoiled. One of the best feeling triggers I have ever felt on a 1911 pistol.

On Sunday I decided to order all new matched parts and gut my Taurus and see just how close I could get to the S&W. Today I spent a couple of hours fitting and testing all the parts and have to say, it came out pretty good! I already had the Cylinder and Slide Lightweight Videki trigger and had swapped out the springs for Wilson Combat parts but today I did a Cylinder and Slide Tactical 2 Match 4lb set trigger pull. New hammer, sear, disconnector, hammer spring, and light pull sear spring as well as the Cylinder and slide Tactical Match extended hammer strut and new pins.

Everything went together nicely with a minimum of work. I did a little polishing prior to assembly and once completed it felt like a new gun. Getting ready to replace the grips with a set of VZ Operators II and then plan to give it another workout to see how it performs.

Finally, a little gun porn becuae I know everyone loves pictures!
How are you digging the external extractor on the S&W? I have a couple of Sigs with it and love it and they have been trouble free for thousands of rounds. I can't say that for the internals on my range queens.
kmoose is offline  
Old 12-02-2016, 05:33 AM
  #9  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Clayton/NC Coast
Posts: 2,924
Default

Originally Posted by kmoose View Post
How are you digging the external extractor on the S&W? I have a couple of Sigs with it and love it and they have been trouble free for thousands of rounds. I can't say that for the internals on my range queens.
So far it has been flawless but then again I haven't put that many rounds through it to make a solid determination. Most of the reviews that I read on the gun were very positive and then after shooting one of my buddies carry versions of this gun had me sold.
budbrande is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread