Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

Anyone have a good wallet recommendation?

Notices

Anyone have a good wallet recommendation?

Old 11-27-2016, 04:59 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Spring Hill, FL
Posts: 7,672
Default Anyone have a good wallet recommendation?

My wallet is getting pretty ragged and it is so old, I can't even remember when I bought it or where I bought it. I looked for a name, but see nothing. Wish I knew, because I would buy another.

Anyhow, just a basic bi-fold leather wallet that is going to last is what I am lookng for. Anyone have a recommendation?
TheRealMacGyver is offline  
Old 11-27-2016, 05:07 AM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 2,073
Default

I've had a Coach wallet forever, nothing fancy, just plain brown leather.

There are a ton of awesome local leather companies around the country, when it's time for a replacement that's where I'm looking.

Since you're from Spring Hill, Branch and Wilder is here in Tampa, and Hillstreet Leatherworks in Seminole Heights might have something more interesting.

You also might check out Bell and Oak out of TX. Not local to us, but an increasingly popular boutique shop.
WalkingTheDocks is offline  
Old 11-27-2016, 05:10 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Too far from salt.
Posts: 10,046
Default

Black, leather, tri-fold. I've found any half-way decent leather wallet works just fine and lasts. Don't care if it is a fancy,expensive wallet. It's not like a watch that you can show off.
DFreedom is offline  
Old 11-27-2016, 05:20 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sarasota/ Bradenton fl
Posts: 3,314
Default

Originally Posted by TheRealMacGyver View Post
My wallet is getting pretty ragged and it is so old, I can't even remember when I bought it or where I bought it. I looked for a name, but see nothing. Wish I knew, because I would buy another.

Anyhow, just a basic bi-fold leather wallet that is going to last is what I am lookng for. Anyone have a recommendation?
So I can pump my company for once on tht!
Send a me a pic of your style and I will send you one of our waxed oil tan wallets for the price of shipping. What's neat about those wallets is they can get wet and not get destroyed.
I will actually post some photos of anyone cares to see the styles.
We have been in business in fl since 1963. Wallets are all leather and are built to last. No questions asked warranty. We make them and we stand behind them. Best thing is they are all under $25.00
We also so solid leather belts that simply don't break.
Send me a photo to theleathershoppe@gmail.com
Sorry no web presence at moment. Our retail business has been so strong we have trouble keeping up and we shut website down for now.
I am sure I violated all kinds of forum rules but heck it's wallets not boats so hopefully they don't hammer me.
If you think there is interest I will sponsor
Dockholiday74 is offline  
Old 11-27-2016, 05:36 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
THT sponsor
 
captain nate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bradenton Florida
Posts: 8,503
Default

Originally Posted by Dockholiday74 View Post
So I can pump my company for once on tht!
Send a me a pic of your style and I will send you one of our waxed oil tan wallets for the price of shipping. What's neat about those wallets is they can get wet and not get destroyed.
I will actually post some photos of anyone cares to see the styles.
We have been in business in fl since 1963. Wallets are all leather and are built to last. No questions asked warranty. We make them and we stand behind them. Best thing is they are all under $25.00
We also so solid leather belts that simply don't break.
Send me a photo to theleathershoppe@gmail.com
Sorry no web presence at moment. Our retail business has been so strong we have trouble keeping up and we shut website down for now.
I am sure I violated all kinds of forum rules but heck it's wallets not boats so hopefully they don't hammer me.
If you think there is interest I will sponsor
Where is your shop?

I had a coach my wife bought me for like 5 years. It finally dies and I got a sail cloth wallet. Not really a fan of it.
captain nate is offline  
Old 11-27-2016, 05:38 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sarasota/ Bradenton fl
Posts: 3,314
Default

Originally Posted by captain nate View Post
Where is your shop?
Close one to you is at John's pass in Madeira beach. Opening in st armands next year.
Dockholiday74 is offline  
Old 11-27-2016, 05:50 AM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wellington, Fl.
Posts: 610
Default

Originally Posted by WalkingTheDocks View Post
I've had a Coach wallet forever, nothing fancy, just plain brown leather.

There are a ton of awesome local leather companies around the country, when it's time for a replacement that's where I'm looking.

Since you're from Spring Hill, Branch and Wilder is here in Tampa, and Hillstreet Leatherworks in Seminole Heights might have something more interesting.

You also might check out Bell and Oak out of TX. Not local to us, but an increasingly popular boutique shop.
The Branch and Wilder stuff looks real nice.
cpsdad is offline  
Old 11-27-2016, 05:51 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
THT sponsor
 
captain nate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bradenton Florida
Posts: 8,503
Default

Originally Posted by Dockholiday74 View Post
Close one to you is at John's pass in Madeira beach. Opening in st armands next year.
Damn man. Tighten up on the web deal. Lol.
captain nate is offline  
Old 11-27-2016, 05:55 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sarasota/ Bradenton fl
Posts: 3,314
Default

Originally Posted by captain nate View Post
Damn man. Tighten up on the web deal. Lol.
We did and have our site for manufacturing and private label. Just not set up for retail. Also we have been overwhelmed with retail. So no complaints.
We can only make so much. China takes so much of the leather that we get shorted.
The leather business is a touch and feel kind of product and hate to drive customers with "deals" to get them to buy something site unseen. We are already so fairly priced and sell through at retail it's hard to make discounts to get the website to generate business.
But if there's interest I will post pics here and pay for it. Could do free shipping for tht members.
Dockholiday74 is offline  
Old 11-27-2016, 06:01 AM
  #10  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Ayaz Beach
Posts: 894
Default

I always bought the smallest wallet that will do the job.
I few years ago I was given a bifold Bosca as a gift. Best wallet I've ever had, can't wear it out.
PeteH is offline  
Old 11-27-2016, 06:02 AM
  #11  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location:
Posts: 425
Default

I am looking as well.
Jim L. is offline  
Old 11-27-2016, 06:05 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 285
Default

Never been a fan of wallets. I use an M Clip.
Parkrat is offline  
Old 11-27-2016, 06:26 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sarasota/ Bradenton fl
Posts: 3,314
Default

Originally Posted by Parkrat View Post
Never been a fan of wallets. I use an M Clip.
Same here. We have a version with a true mineral magnet. Money will not fall out.
Dockholiday74 is offline  
Old 11-27-2016, 06:33 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Central Fl / God's Country
Posts: 122
Default

Post pics. I'm looking also. Bifold, have one with magnet money clip now but rarely actually carry it. Use cash most of time and wallet stays in truck next to PK9 LOL
futch13 is offline  
Old 11-27-2016, 06:33 AM
  #15  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Spring Hill, FL
Posts: 7,672
Default

Originally Posted by Dockholiday74 View Post
So I can pump my company for once on tht!
Send a me a pic of your style and I will send you one of our waxed oil tan wallets for the price of shipping. What's neat about those wallets is they can get wet and not get destroyed.
I will actually post some photos of anyone cares to see the styles.
We have been in business in fl since 1963. Wallets are all leather and are built to last. No questions asked warranty. We make them and we stand behind them. Best thing is they are all under $25.00
We also so solid leather belts that simply don't break.
Send me a photo to theleathershoppe@gmail.com
Sorry no web presence at moment. Our retail business has been so strong we have trouble keeping up and we shut website down for now.
I am sure I violated all kinds of forum rules but heck it's wallets not boats so hopefully they don't hammer me.
If you think there is interest I will sponsor
Wow, thanks for the offer. If you have a retail store in Madiera, maybe I can get down there to check it out. I don't mind paying, but would like to see some pics if possible. I'm not too picky, but would still like to see what I am getting that is all.
TheRealMacGyver is offline  
Old 11-27-2016, 06:39 AM
  #16  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bermuda
Posts: 892
Default

http://hillstreet.co/store/minimal-bifold-wallet
I like this one.
edale99 is offline  
Old 11-27-2016, 07:30 AM
  #17  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pompano Beach, FL
Posts: 11,904
Default

http://www.bigskinny.net/wallets-for-men.html

I'm a minimalist when in comes to wallets.
This is what I use http://www.bigskinny.net/card-case.html

Last edited by Jus Teasin; 11-27-2016 at 07:56 AM.
Jus Teasin is offline  
Old 11-27-2016, 07:52 AM
  #18  
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 74
Default

Saddleback leather company. I have the card/id wallet. It looks better with age!
woopass is offline  
Old 11-27-2016, 07:53 AM
  #19  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY (Bay Ridge)
Posts: 14,650
Default

This....

No need for anything more.
Attached Images  
Esuomm1 is offline  
Old 11-27-2016, 08:26 AM
  #20  
Senior Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sarasota/ Bradenton fl
Posts: 3,314
Default

Originally Posted by futch13 View Post
Post pics. I'm looking also. Bifold, have one with magnet money clip now but rarely actually carry it. Use cash most of time and wallet stays in truck next to PK9 LOL
This is one of our most popular ones. Waxed and oil tanned. Rip stop lining and nylon stitching. Water resistant. Great for Florida humidity. These leathers just get better with age. You can re plenish leather every couple of years with mink oil.
Attached Images    
Dockholiday74 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread