Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

Celebrity endorsement- on a coffeemaker

Notices

Celebrity endorsement- on a coffeemaker

Old 11-23-2016, 04:50 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Coastal South Carolina
Posts: 2,885
Likes: 0
Received 149 Likes on 107 Posts
Default Celebrity endorsement- on a coffeemaker

I saw a print ad in the N Y times by Roger Federer the tennis star for a Jura coffeemaker, a higher end $3500 or so computerized coffeemaker. 10 strengths 3 temperatures and a computer in it to save your brew details. seems would be really nice, controls the extraction time.
what do the stars get paid for an endorsement like this $50,000??

Last edited by edwardh1; 11-23-2016 at 05:20 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:28 PM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,649
Likes: 0
Received 8,619 Likes on 2,351 Posts
Default

The bigger question is what kind of schmuck actually buys a product due to endorsements?
Old 11-23-2016, 06:44 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Port Charlotte, FL
Posts: 546
Likes: 0
Received 77 Likes on 55 Posts
Default

If you are old enough, you will remember Joe DiMaggio hawking Mr. Coffee.
Old 11-23-2016, 06:54 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Jeffersonville, IN
Posts: 273
Likes: 0
Received 36 Likes on 15 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Restrain View Post
If you are old enough, you will remember Joe DiMaggio hawking Mr. Coffee.
Love my 4 cup Mr. Coffee Jr. on the boat. Went with the gold mesh filter to save space and not have to keep filters on board.
Old 11-23-2016, 07:27 PM
  #5  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Davie / Islamorada
Posts: 12,394
Likes: 0
Received 1,019 Likes on 478 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mitchk View Post
The bigger question is what kind of schmuck actually buys a product due to endorsements?
My aunts husband (guess he was my uncle) developed the electric grill ... They took on George Foreman as a sponsor and well - the rest is history .... Lot of power in marketing with the right endorsement

Old 11-23-2016, 08:02 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: North Coast of America
Posts: 7,270
Received 202 Likes on 101 Posts
Default

Old 11-23-2016, 08:14 PM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,798
Received 605 Likes on 375 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by edwardh1 View Post
I saw a print ad in the N Y times by Roger Federer the tennis star for a Jura coffeemaker, a higher end $3500 or so computerized coffeemaker. 10 strengths 3 temperatures and a computer in it to save your brew details. seems would be really nice, controls the extraction time.
what do the stars get paid for an endorsement like this $50,000??
I doubt he'd get out of bed for $50K. I'd imagine high 6 digits possibly 7.
Old 11-23-2016, 08:22 PM
  #8  
THT SponsorCaptains Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wisconsin And Marathon,Fl
Posts: 8,868
Received 2,426 Likes on 1,080 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RyanL11 View Post
I doubt he'd get out of bed for $50K. I'd imagine high 6 digits possibly 7.
Old 11-23-2016, 08:29 PM
  #9  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. Petersburg, FL 33707
Posts: 1,907
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by triplenet View Post
My aunts husband (guess he was my uncle) developed the electric grill ... They took on George Foreman as a sponsor and well - the rest is history .... Lot of power in marketing with the right endorsement

Poor Hulk Hogan turned that gig down if i remember correctly.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.