The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum (https://www.thehulltruth.com/index.php)
-   Dockside Chat (https://www.thehulltruth.com/dockside-chat-18/)
-   -   Strictly Bourbon... (https://www.thehulltruth.com/dockside-chat/801891-strictly-bourbon.html)

Big Iron 06-10-2017 02:14 PM

Had weller antique 107, plus that flight. 107 was nice. Mitchers was excellent. Should have scored some 10yr but thought I'd be able to buy a bottle at the liquor store. Although they had them, he wouldn't sell to me.

tprice 06-10-2017 07:36 PM

Enjoying Rowan's Creek bourbon tonight. Just saw it in the store and bottle caught my eye and thought what that the hell DO not have that one


Not bad at all

grey2112 06-11-2017 05:45 AM


Originally Posted by tprice (Post 10358151)
Enjoying Rowan's Creek bourbon tonight. Just saw it in the store and bottle caught my eye and thought what that the hell DO not have that one


Not bad at all

Good choice - me and the wife were VERY surprised at the proof on it given how smooth it was.

Big Iron 06-11-2017 01:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Freedbaby was right. Rock hill farms is the shit.

Big Iron 06-11-2017 01:17 PM

And it turns out that I do not care for Elmer t lee. It possesses a flavor I can not identify... something along the lines of dirt or mildew. Highly sophisticated pallete here.

NCbankrolla 06-11-2017 06:04 PM

Anyone want grab a few bottles of Buffalo Trace and send them my way?? I can't find it anywhere near me......and I am out.

tprice 06-11-2017 06:26 PM


Originally Posted by NCbankrolla (Post 10360227)
Anyone want grab a few bottles of Buffalo Trace and them my way?? I can't find it anywhere near me......and I am out.


Same here with Buffalo Trace and Blantons :(:(

Big Iron 06-11-2017 06:45 PM

I can probably make that happen

NCbankrolla 06-11-2017 07:13 PM


Originally Posted by Big Iron (Post 10360355)
I can probably make that happen

?

Big Iron 06-12-2017 05:55 AM


Originally Posted by NCbankrolla (Post 10360438)
?

Pm sent

MattGoose 06-12-2017 11:56 AM


Originally Posted by tprice (Post 10360282)
Same here with Buffalo Trace and Blantons :(:(


Originally Posted by Big Iron (Post 10361071)
Pm sent

If you guys can't work something out, let me know.

BT and Blanton's all day long here!

NitroSun 06-12-2017 03:07 PM

Don't know if anyone else posted this link:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...tandhp#image=1

Wouldn't mind trying some of the unique brands especially the corn whiskey but I can't find most of them.

grey2112 06-12-2017 06:01 PM


Originally Posted by NitroSun (Post 10363298)
Don't know if anyone else posted this link:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...tandhp#image=1

Wouldn't mind trying some of the unique brands especially the corn whiskey but I can't find most of them.

Funny thing - the only one on there I've had was the Black Bottle scotch (of course, it had to be the least expensive) but damn is it good - I use it now all the time in a special mixed drink I call "Third Times a Charm" - 2 dashes Angostura, 5 parts Benchmark Bourbon, 2 parts Cutty Sark, 2 parts Black Bottle, and top with selzer - my favorite go-to.

tprice 06-12-2017 06:05 PM


Originally Posted by MattGoose (Post 10362555)
If you guys can't work something out, let me know.

BT and Blanton's all day long here!

Where the hell are you :grin:

andyp262 06-12-2017 06:12 PM


Originally Posted by tprice (Post 10363925)
Where the hell are you :grin:

I'm in Massachusetts and it's no trouble at all to find most of the bourbons discussed here, Blantons and BT included

jhcobb 06-12-2017 06:13 PM


Originally Posted by grey2112 (Post 10363911)
Funny thing - the only one on there I've had was the Black Bottle scotch (of course, it had to be the least expensive) but damn is it good - I use it now all the time in a special mixed drink I call "Third Times a Charm" - 2 dashes Angostura, 5 parts Benchmark Bourbon, 2 parts Cutty Sark, 2 parts Black Bottle, and top with selzer - my favorite go-to.

I used to bartend in college. But this is mad scientist-level stuff. I'm going to try this one.

tprice 06-12-2017 06:15 PM


Originally Posted by andyp262 (Post 10363954)
I'm in Massachusetts and it's no trouble at all to find most of the bourbons discussed here, Blantons and BT included

Well DAMN, guess it is not all that bad living up NORTH :grin:

Stand By 06-12-2017 08:57 PM

Little BT tonight. Tomorrow afternoon is my Monday. BT is pretty common up here, but don't see Blanton's very often.

andyp262 06-13-2017 03:47 AM


Originally Posted by tprice (Post 10363972)
Well DAMN, guess it is not all that bad living up NORTH :grin:

Don't get me started, there is more than enough suck to go around up here. Lol.
I'll fly south as soon as I can, I've had enough of winter

MattGoose 06-13-2017 07:25 AM


Originally Posted by tprice (Post 10363925)
Where the hell are you :grin:

Massachusetts as well!

Need good booze to survive the winter time :)

I posted a page or three back a series of photos from my local liquor store. Not even the fancy bourbon one, just the local Liquor Junction!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.9.3.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.