Notices

Old and Dumb

Old 10-07-2016, 08:54 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2,119
Default Old and Dumb

That's me, 51 in a couple weeks and pulled a stupid move at the high skrool football game tonight. Wife wanted a water and peanuts so instead of gingerly stepping over the chairs in front of us I decided to hop over side saddle. Landed on my right foot and knee buckled in the aisle. I actually saw the Northern Lights in south Louisiana for 15 minutes. I sat there like a dumbass for what seemed like an eternity while the medics checked me out and everyone around us helped. I did manage to walk out of the stadium but damn it hurt. Ice and heat now with an 800mg for pain. Sombitch I want to fish tomorrow since boat is checked out good today.
Kenner 23 is offline  
Old 10-07-2016, 08:58 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Brashanic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,509
Default

Originally Posted by Kenner 23 View Post
That's me, 51 in a couple weeks and pulled a stupid move at the high skrool football game tonight. Wife wanted a water and peanuts so instead of gingerly stepping over the chairs in front of us I decided to hop over side saddle. Landed on my right foot and knee buckled in the aisle. I actually saw the Northern Lights in south Louisiana for 15 minutes. I sat there like a dumbass for what seemed like an eternity while the medics checked me out and everyone around us helped. I did manage to walk out of the stadium but damn it hurt. Ice and heat now with an 800mg for pain. Sombitch I want to fish tomorrow since boat is checked out good today.
I am 51. I was out shooting my mighty 22 today. I twisted my ankle on spent 12ga shells.

Foot up on ice now. Old man stuff sucks.
Brashanic is offline  
Old 10-07-2016, 09:06 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2,119
Default

Acl is fubard, hoping I can get a year or two out of it before rebuild since my deductible/oop is $6,000. Good news is my BP was excellent after they got me cooled down in the ambulance as was my sugar.
Kenner 23 is offline  
Old 10-07-2016, 09:18 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
DJWILLIAMS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Eastern, NC
Posts: 5,124
Default

You will not be fishing tomorrow, you will be worse in the morning...

Get welll soon!!
DJWILLIAMS is offline  
Old 10-08-2016, 05:13 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Lprizman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: RI
Posts: 5,476
Default

howzit today,,,you old coot?
hope all is good!
Lprizman is offline  
Old 10-08-2016, 05:51 AM
  #6  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15,654
Default

I've been 51 for 17 years...it doesn't get better.
bamaboy473 is offline  
Old 10-08-2016, 05:56 AM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,507
Default

Lots of ice bud. 30 minutes on, 30 minutes off... trust me. I just had mine operated on and I'ma firm proponent for ice therapy!! 800mg of Motrin helps too.
lyman24 is online now  
Old 10-08-2016, 06:15 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2,119
Default

Made it through the night without much pain, sore and stiff this morning. Need some crutches for today, will send wife to house for them so i can get out of this apartment. Trying to find someone to fish with me today that can get me in and out of boat.
Kenner 23 is offline  
Old 10-08-2016, 06:18 AM
  #9  
Senior Member Admiral's Club Member
 
HarleyFLHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The great State of NC
Posts: 10,344
Default

Originally Posted by Kenner 23 View Post
Made it through the night without much pain, sore and stiff this morning. Need some crutches for today, will send wife to house for them so i can get out of this apartment. Trying to find someone to fish with me today that can get me in and out of boat.
Call a couple of boy scouts, they're always up to helping the elderly.
HarleyFLHP is offline  
Old 10-08-2016, 06:29 AM
  #10  
KJS
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Where I go, there I am
Posts: 16,761
Default

Good thing you were at a football game with medics close by! Best wishes on your recovery and getting back out on the water.
KJS is offline  
Old 10-08-2016, 07:29 AM
  #11  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
spraynet 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sanford, FL
Posts: 7,213
Default

At 51, your certainly not old! Trying something like that if sober, than yes by all measures stupid!
Show me a man or women that hasn't made a stupid decision like that and I'll show you a liar!

5 gallon bucket
2 cups rock salt
Fill with ice
Fill 3/4 way with water.

Place foot in said bucket for 5 minute intervals 3 - 4 times per hour.
spraynet 1 is offline  
Old 10-08-2016, 09:48 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sugarloaf Key FL & Ottertail Lake, MN.
Posts: 1,900
Default

Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
I've been 51 for 17 years...it doesn't get better.
51 for 13 years, a really nice way to put it. Beats the alternative!
sugarloaf is offline  
Old 10-08-2016, 09:55 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The River
Posts: 360
Default

Did your wife ever get the water and peanuts.....
Poncho65 is offline  
Old 10-08-2016, 10:55 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2,119
Default

Originally Posted by Poncho65 View Post
Did your wife ever get the water and peanuts.....
She got her car to the ambulance and carted my azz home.
Kenner 23 is offline  
Old 10-08-2016, 12:53 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 253
Default

Hey Boys N girls just remember ,loosen up first on whatever you HAVEN'T done in awhile .We're getting older .WORKsmarter ,Not harder.
Best!
V
vincentdivincenzo is offline  
Old 10-08-2016, 02:31 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,366
Default

Originally Posted by Kenner 23 View Post
. Ice and heat now .
good boy - lot of folks neglect the heat part of the cycle.
puppy is offline  
Old 10-09-2016, 09:06 AM
  #17  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
ladyjane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: lake champlain vermont
Posts: 30,178
Default

56 here rehab from new hip hope to be in the woods for rifle season did mow the lawn and motor stuff yesterday hurting today
ladyjane is offline  
Old 10-09-2016, 09:08 AM
  #18  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
ladyjane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: lake champlain vermont
Posts: 30,178
Default

Originally Posted by vincentdivincenzo View Post
Hey Boys N girls just remember ,loosen up first on whatever you HAVEN'T done in awhile .We're getting older .WORKsmarter ,Not harder.
Best!
V
Yup I have over the years removed two steps from wood processing
ladyjane is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread