Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

If you're looking for a drone similar to the DJI PRO 3 look inside

Notices

If you're looking for a drone similar to the DJI PRO 3 look inside

Old 10-06-2016, 08:02 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East Coast
Posts: 4,976
Default If you're looking for a drone similar to the DJI PRO 3 look inside

I found a drone that is 70% off and it compares to the DJI PRO 3 which is a $1,200 quad(its their commentator). I think it actually may be a price glitch but not 100% sure but I have yet to find anywhere that can even come close to the price (even eBay) . Its a big box chain too so they'll honor the price until they figure out its messed up. Private message me and I'll shoot you the link. I actually thought about buying all of them in the store and re-selling them on eBay. Anyway..... just a heads up and if you're interested, shoot me a PM
ShaftINIT is offline  
Old 10-06-2016, 08:39 AM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Md
Posts: 598
Default

PM sent
Fishermohn is offline  
Old 10-06-2016, 09:21 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location:
Posts: 411
Default

PM sent
proine17 is offline  
Old 10-06-2016, 09:27 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 3,361
Default

Is this another west marine deal? Lol

PM sent
Fordy is offline  
Old 10-06-2016, 09:29 AM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 216
Default

PM sent
20pilot is offline  
Old 10-06-2016, 09:39 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Low Country,South Carolina
Posts: 931
Default

Pm sent, Thanks
Drippin Wett is online now  
Old 10-06-2016, 09:52 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East Coast
Posts: 4,976
Default

Originally Posted by Devil_Inside
I am in the market for a drone and I have been looking at the DJI phantom's..if you could share some details about what you found I would appreciate it. Thank you and have a great day
Sorry I couldn't get to all of your pm's(I got a lot haha). I'm on the road and I cant get to all of them so I'm just going to post it up here. The reason I did pm is because normally on here there are 3x the people that aren't memebers and are just browsing as "guest". I wanted to give members first option if it is a price glitch because best buy will fix it as soon as they catch it and they will if they get a big rush of orders for that item. But it may not be a glitch and just a good deal but like I say, I just wanted to hook you guys up first just incase. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/3dr-3dr-...99271200050000
ShaftINIT is offline  
Old 10-06-2016, 10:02 AM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Dulcecita Lures's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 16,765
Default

Smokin' deal! I'm on it! Pick up in store this afternoon.
Dulcecita Lures is offline  
Old 10-06-2016, 10:17 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East Coast
Posts: 4,976
Default

Thats what I thought. I didn't wake up this morning thinking I'd be buying a new drone today but it was a deal I couldn't pass up.
Attached Images  
ShaftINIT is offline  
Old 10-06-2016, 10:21 AM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cape Fear, NC
Posts: 11,617
Default

Check PM. I need another.
back at it is offline  
Old 10-06-2016, 10:25 AM
  #11  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: South East Pa
Posts: 9,390
Default

Originally Posted by ShaftINIT View Post
Sorry I couldn't get to all of your pm's(I got a lot haha). I'm on the road and I cant get to all of them so I'm just going to post it up here. The reason I did pm is because normally on here there are 3x the people that aren't memebers and are just browsing as "guest". I wanted to give members first option if it is a price glitch because best buy will fix it as soon as they catch it and they will if they get a big rush of orders for that item. But it may not be a glitch and just a good deal but like I say, I just wanted to hook you guys up first just incase. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/3dr-3dr-...99271200050000
Personally I have found the Solo SUCKS, I owned two of them last summer. Thankfully BB has a nice return policy. Maybe a year later they have fixed the software and hardware issues. Their biggest issue was the could not come close to delivering when they had promised. A lot of people ditched it and when to DJI. WIFI on any UAV is the worst, you transmission range is crap

.
FYI......DJI sells the Phantom 3 Pro for $999 not $1200



.
FASTFJR is offline  
Old 10-06-2016, 10:28 AM
  #12  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
ladyjane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: lake champlain vermont
Posts: 30,178
Default

Originally Posted by FASTFJR View Post
Personally I have found the Solo SUCKS, I owned two of them last summer. Thankfully BB has a nice return policy. Maybe a year later they have fixed the software and hardware issues. Their biggest issue was the could not come close to delivering when they had promised. A lot of people ditched it and when to DJI.
Thanks fast I will just wait and get the DJI
ladyjane is offline  
Old 10-06-2016, 10:28 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East Coast
Posts: 4,976
Default

Originally Posted by FASTFJR View Post
Personally I have found the Solo SUCKS, I owned two of them last summer. Thankfully BB has a nice return policy. Maybe a year later they have fixed the software and hardware issues. Their biggest issue was the could not come close to delivering when they had promised. A lot of people ditched it and when to DJI.
It has great reviews on their site. I mean for $400 vs a DJI $899 I'll take my chances. Now if I had paid full retail, then I'd return it if I didn't like it.
ShaftINIT is offline  
Old 10-06-2016, 10:29 AM
  #14  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Dulcecita Lures's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 16,765
Default

Originally Posted by ShaftINIT View Post
Thats what I thought. I didn't wake up this morning thinking I'd be buying a new drone today but it was a deal I couldn't pass up.
Same here! I nearly pulled the trigger on a DJI a little while back because it was such a good deal. Glad I waited! But... my dilemma now will be -- do I keep it to use, or stash it as a nice Christmas present. Decisions, decisions.
Dulcecita Lures is offline  
Old 10-06-2016, 10:32 AM
  #15  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: South East Pa
Posts: 9,390
Default

Originally Posted by ShaftINIT View Post
It has great reviews on their site. I mean for $400 vs a DJI $899 I'll take my chances. Now if I had paid full retail, then I'd return it if I didn't like it.


Like I said maybe they fixed all the issues. Its still needs a GP and its still hasl WIFI. If it works for you go for it.
FASTFJR is offline  
Old 10-06-2016, 10:33 AM
  #16  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: South East Pa
Posts: 9,390
Default

Originally Posted by Dulcecita Lures View Post
Same here! I nearly pulled the trigger on a DJI a little while back because it was such a good deal. Glad I waited! But... my dilemma now will be -- do I keep it to use, or stash it as a nice Christmas present. Decisions, decisions.
At the rate the company is going you won't be able to get parts for it in 6 months
FASTFJR is offline  
Old 10-06-2016, 11:58 AM
  #17  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 763
Default

If out of stock at BB. Amazon has similar price.
Ar15bang is offline  
Old 10-06-2016, 12:28 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
WaterEnjoyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 12,073
Default

3DR recently announced they are getting out of the consumer drone market and focusing on the enterprise market. I am assuming that is why this is so low. Remember, you have to add a GoPro camera to it also. If you already have one, this could be a great deal.
WaterEnjoyer is offline  
Old 10-06-2016, 12:48 PM
  #19  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Clearwater,FL
Posts: 692
Default

Just don't take them to the sandbar . We already have to many damn drones flying around spying on people.
seatec is offline  
Old 10-06-2016, 01:27 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East Coast
Posts: 4,976
Default

Originally Posted by Ar15bang View Post
If out of stock at BB. Amazon has similar price.


hmmmmm not from what I found. The one I posted comes with the gimble, an extra battery, and an extra set of blades for $379. This one that you're talking about (https://www.amazon.com/3DR-SA11A-Sol...o%2BDrone&th=1) AND thats just the quad and NO gamble installed or extra battery or blades. An extra battery is $120 and the gimble is $100 and I'm sure blades are $20 or so. So even if you bought that one from amazon, you're still going to be $6-700 deep.

Last edited by ShaftINIT; 10-06-2016 at 01:39 PM.
ShaftINIT is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread