Notices

Olympic Men's Handball?

Old 08-07-2016, 11:25 AM
  #1  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: West Carolina
Posts: 21,996
Received 1,577 Likes on 854 Posts
Default Olympic Men's Handball?

Watching the Olympics and "men's handball" came on. I was waiting for two guys in a square room slapping the hell out of a little black ball like we used to do. Not. It's a bunch of grown men running around a court trying to throw rubber ball into a youth sized soccer goal. WTH? I am sure there are some other stupid Olympic 'sports" but this one has to rank towards the top.
Old 08-07-2016, 11:45 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,764
Likes: 0
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,135 Posts
Default

How about twirling a ribbon, or synchronized swimming?

Next Olympics I'm voting for bottle caps and marbles. Maybe even jacks and box ball.
Old 08-07-2016, 11:49 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
oceanelectric1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: FloriDuh
Posts: 3,375
Received 137 Likes on 69 Posts
Default

I like the underwater basketweaving.
Old 08-07-2016, 11:50 AM
  #4  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: West Carolina
Posts: 21,996
Received 1,577 Likes on 854 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by YFMF View Post
How about twirling a ribbon, or synchronized swimming?

Next Olympics I'm voting for bottle caps and marbles. Maybe even jacks and box ball.
Twirling a ribbon I agree with but synchronized swimming is fairly athletic and fun to look at, I mean fun to watch.
Old 08-07-2016, 04:51 PM
  #5  
Senior MemberPLEDGERPLEDGERCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ATL & SAV
Posts: 12,345
Likes: 0
Received 1,999 Likes on 987 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Shag View Post
Watching the Olympics and "men's handball" came on. I was waiting for two guys in a square room slapping the hell out of a little black ball like we used to do. Not. It's a bunch of grown men running around a court trying to throw rubber ball into a youth sized soccer goal. WTH? I am sure there are some other stupid Olympic 'sports" but this one has to rank towards the top.
European handball ... played it in college. It was a blast.
Old 08-07-2016, 05:08 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,764
Likes: 0
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,135 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Tireless View Post
European handball ... played it in college. It was a blast.
Oh no, no, no, that's a different kind of Hand Ball.
Old 08-07-2016, 06:03 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cape Fear, NC
Posts: 11,800
Received 2,618 Likes on 1,618 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by YFMF View Post
Oh no, no, no, that's a different kind of Hand Ball.
Eye C what U did there.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:15 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 586
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Shag View Post
Twirling a ribbon I agree with but synchronized swimming is fairly athletic and fun to look at, I mean fun to watch.
Which one the men's or woman's synchronized swimming team?
Old 08-08-2016, 05:19 AM
  #9  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 3,762
Likes: 0
Received 703 Likes on 427 Posts
Default

Kinda like GOLF as an Olympic sport. I like golf but they play it every damn weekend, Ryder Cup, Solheim Cup, C cup and who knows what else cup.

Doesn't need to be an Olympic sport unless you're playing dodge ball at the same time.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:46 AM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: southeast, PA
Posts: 1,373
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Played it competively for a few years it's a really physical game but pretty fun. Even played at the national championship tournament once.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:47 AM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 532
Received 135 Likes on 97 Posts
Default

I saw that too. I didn't know what it was, but I thought it looked fun
Old 08-08-2016, 08:56 AM
  #12  
Senior Member

 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Quebec, Canada and Pirates Cove, OBX, NC
Posts: 20,222
Likes: 0
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Tireless View Post
European handball ... played it in college. It was a blast.
Agree

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.