Notices

Stock, option, etc. Traders...

Old 08-24-2020, 08:49 PM
  #9381  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: North Palm Beach
Posts: 1,642
Received 248 Likes on 128 Posts
Default

I'm just going to leave my thought's here on RKT, take it for what is worth because I am not a full time trader. A very wise investor, who is in the family and gives me regular advice told me to invest in companies you believe in, companies you use and have a chance to review their practices. I have closed 4 deals with rocket and I truly believe they are cornering the market on tech/mortgages. The upcoming generation of home buyers are going to be all over this and I believe it will continue prosper. we may see some corrections but that is the market right? I'm hoping for the millennials AAPL, we need this thing to roll. I plan on adding every chance I get!!

long on RKT

Last edited by Liveactionfishing; 08-24-2020 at 09:10 PM.
Old 08-25-2020, 06:41 AM
  #9382  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Delray Beach
Posts: 929
Received 282 Likes on 161 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by coastalfiberglass View Post
Another on my watch list that may already be a sailed ship is SHLL. She moved big today, I missed it but on radar now
I'll be looking for failed follow-through and trading the backside...
Old 08-25-2020, 08:44 AM
  #9383  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Delray Beach, FL
Posts: 152
Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Liveactionfishing View Post
I'I have closed 4 deals with rocket and I truly believe they are cornering the market on tech/mortgages. The upcoming generation of home buyers are going to be all over this and I believe it will continue prosper. we may see some corrections but that is the market right? I'm hoping for the millennials AAPL, we need this thing to roll. I plan on adding every chance I get!!

long on RKT
I was talking to neighbor of mine who is a realtor, he said a lot of his clients were financing with Rocket, at the time I never heard of it(about 6 months ago). Now I know. Will be watching it.
Old 08-25-2020, 09:00 AM
  #9384  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: SW, FL
Posts: 108
Received 139 Likes on 40 Posts
Default

Well you guys better sell off all your RKT... I just bought some. It's going to tank now.
Old 08-25-2020, 09:00 AM
  #9385  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Va beach area
Posts: 3,924
Likes: 0
Received 442 Likes on 251 Posts
Default

Not sure why RKT is falling today! But maybe a great entry point
Old 08-25-2020, 09:10 AM
  #9386  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 534
Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts
Default

RKT is +40% in a week, no way in hell i'm chasing that lol
Old 08-25-2020, 09:12 AM
  #9387  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location:
Posts: 468
Likes: 0
Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts
Default

HMHC is getting back close to my buy zone. I've lucked out on the big swings in this one a few times now. Hope I can do it again!
Old 08-25-2020, 10:25 AM
  #9388  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 18,028
Received 2,811 Likes on 1,521 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by coastalfiberglass View Post
Not sure why RKT is falling today! But maybe a great entry point
I was trying to figure out the % of profit from the mortgage end of things vs. the rest of their holdings.

I think most people think that the housing situation is going to get bad... perhaps very bad.

But - hey... even if it pulls back, 30% is still great.
Old 08-25-2020, 10:33 AM
  #9389  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsyltucky
Posts: 7,422
Received 1,587 Likes on 741 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by kmagnuss View Post
Well you guys better sell off all your RKT... I just bought some. It's going to tank now.
Lol. I thought I was the only one that had luck like that.
Old 08-25-2020, 10:50 AM
  #9390  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,796
Received 557 Likes on 314 Posts
Default

RKT
A little pullback after yesterday's big day doesn't seem to be unwarranted. Earnings call in 8 days... Could get interesting
Old 08-25-2020, 10:52 AM
  #9391  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,796
Received 557 Likes on 314 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by OldPete View Post
I was trying to figure out the % of profit from the mortgage end of things vs. the rest of their holdings.

I think most people think that the housing situation is going to get bad... perhaps very bad.

But - hey... even if it pulls back, 30% is still great.
In my area houses are still flying off the shelves and everyone I know, myself included has refinanced or is refinancing.
Old 08-25-2020, 11:05 AM
  #9392  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,241
Likes: 0
Received 300 Likes on 192 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by acteg View Post
In my area houses are still flying off the shelves and everyone I know, myself included has refinanced or is refinancing.
Same here... Neighborg just sold his house, asking price, in 2 weeks, for what I would consider stupid amounts of money.

Loan broker doing my refi is calling me on sunday at 10PM since she is working non stop every day....
Old 08-25-2020, 11:14 AM
  #9393  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 3,126
Received 464 Likes on 270 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by chevyrulz View Post
RKT is +40% in a week, no way in hell i'm chasing that lol
If the masses start chasing it then it’ll go up another 40%+.
Look at Tesla it’s being valued at 371 billion market cap.
a P/E ratio of 1,000. Only because it’s the hype right now.

Just to put into perspective Apple’s P/E ratio is 37 and AMZN is 128.

Old 08-25-2020, 11:19 AM
  #9394  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 1,029
Received 169 Likes on 92 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by emudryj View Post
Same here... Neighborg just sold his house, asking price, in 2 weeks, for what I would consider stupid amounts of money.

Loan broker doing my refi is calling me on sunday at 10PM since she is working non stop every day....
Ditto here in FL. We thought about moving and have looked at some grossly overpriced homes from the 70's and 80's that need updating but they sit in non-HOA communities with some land. I looked at 5 acres of old citrus grove land a click away from my house and they want 150,000 for it and it still needs complete site work. Another house I walked in sold that afternoon to a guy in the northeast site unseen and it was priced OK but needed a full interior gut. A house beachside sold before we could look at it for 10k over asking. My hood has been selling houses in a day to 14 days it seems the last month or 2. I think we are inching closer to refi and putting in a pool (dang pools are expensive 50-60 range for something simple) and reconsidering moving in 5 years.

But I will take a look at RKT for refi now that everyone is mentioning it. I even picked up a few shares let see how the earnings report shakes out.

Has anyone actually used RKT yet? I'm hearing rough quotes of 3-6% for loan origination fees from various lendors locally, how about RKTs? Is there model just "do it online" or do they offer price advantage too.
Old 08-25-2020, 11:28 AM
  #9395  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Va beach area
Posts: 3,924
Likes: 0
Received 442 Likes on 251 Posts
Default

My in laws used RKT said it was great. Very simple and fast
Old 08-25-2020, 11:34 AM
  #9396  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Central, Florida
Posts: 1,823
Received 364 Likes on 187 Posts
Default

Any thoughts on getting into some firearm stocks? They cant keep the shelves stocked right now and depending on the election could have some huge upside untill they get shut down?
Old 08-25-2020, 11:39 AM
  #9397  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 336
Received 287 Likes on 109 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by emudryj View Post
Same here... Neighborg just sold his house, asking price, in 2 weeks, for what I would consider stupid amounts of money.

Loan broker doing my refi is calling me on sunday at 10PM since she is working non stop every day....
My aunt sold her 2nd home(she lives in Aspen) in Darien CT 2 weeks ago..had 12 showings in 4 days it was on the market. She said it went to silent bidding essentially and went under contract above asking price in 5 days on the market... Absolutely insane to think a nearly million dollar home went that fast.
Old 08-25-2020, 11:42 AM
  #9398  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,796
Received 557 Likes on 314 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MaddMac View Post
My aunt sold her 2nd home(she lives in Aspen) in Darien CT 2 weeks ago..had 12 showings in 4 days it was on the market. She said it went to silent bidding essentially and went under contract above asking price in 5 days on the market... Absolutely insane to think a nearly million dollar home went that fast.
In my area, the average family home is around $400k. Medium family income is $50k... Go figure
Old 08-25-2020, 11:54 AM
  #9399  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Va beach area
Posts: 3,924
Likes: 0
Received 442 Likes on 251 Posts
Default

She’s easing back up, good little RKT
Old 08-25-2020, 11:56 AM
  #9400  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Boynton Beach Islamorada
Posts: 3,066
Received 1,096 Likes on 571 Posts
Default

I think I will have to buy some more NIO

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.