Notices

Ayahuasca

Old 04-30-2016, 07:18 PM
  #1  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lighthouse Point
Posts: 5,316
Received 1,059 Likes on 687 Posts
Default Ayahuasca

Has anyone taken it? If yes how was the experience?
Old 04-30-2016, 08:45 PM
  #2  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Marblehead, Ohio
Posts: 9,985
Received 2,099 Likes on 1,086 Posts
Default

is that some kind of E.D. drug?
Old 04-30-2016, 09:47 PM
  #3  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Hallucinogenic offering a spiritual awakening. There are retreats in the Peruvian Amazon.
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/lif...and-spiritual/

Last edited by fakedemout; 04-30-2016 at 09:48 PM. Reason: more info
Old 05-01-2016, 12:40 AM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location:
Posts: 3,525
Received 957 Likes on 500 Posts
Default

Ever get down on Psilocybe Cubensis or Psilocybe Cyanescens? Similar maybe in a way, but the high can get you like the Panaeolus Cyanescens can. You'll only mistake the Pan Cyans once, trust me.

Mushrooms and Aya are similar in their effects. I'd say mushrooms, in comparable doses are more intense in visuals in a way, but to me you are still aware that they are visions/hallucinations. Aya you may not be able to really discern the difference between visions/hallucinations and reality. I'd say more immersion.

Either Mushrooms or Aya will last a good long while with mushrooms lasting the longest in my opinion. Both are equally capable of causing you great distress and aren't something to play with.

Going all in is something I would build up to personally and absolutely have a sitter your first time on Aya. I wouldn't go it alone until you've gone searching at least 3 or 4 times with a sitter.

If you want the experience without the duration and also without the intensity, try smoking DMT. Oral dosing of DMT can be long and intense also. Smoke sessions will take you to another consciousness for 15-20 minutes.
Old 05-01-2016, 05:49 AM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 2,690
Likes: 0
Received 664 Likes on 342 Posts
Default

Listen to Joe Rogans podcast on the subject. Fascinating!
Old 05-01-2016, 08:28 AM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Lewes, DE
Posts: 10,686
Received 2,882 Likes on 1,523 Posts
Default

F. That.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:55 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pgh Pa
Posts: 15,404
Received 1,186 Likes on 887 Posts
Default

ayahuasca that some say eases psychological distress.

I think some on here especially in the bilge should take this
Old 05-01-2016, 09:12 AM
  #8  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bayrunner16 View Post
Ever get down on Psilocybe Cubensis or Psilocybe Cyanescens? Similar maybe in a way, but the high can get you like the Panaeolus Cyanescens can. You'll only mistake the Pan Cyans once, trust me.

Mushrooms and Aya are similar in their effects. I'd say mushrooms, in comparable doses are more intense in visuals in a way, but to me you are still aware that they are visions/hallucinations. Aya you may not be able to really discern the difference between visions/hallucinations and reality. I'd say more immersion.

Either Mushrooms or Aya will last a good long while with mushrooms lasting the longest in my opinion. Both are equally capable of causing you great distress and aren't something to play with.

Going all in is something I would build up to personally and absolutely have a sitter your first time on Aya. I wouldn't go it alone until you've gone searching at least 3 or 4 times with a sitter.

If you want the experience without the duration and also without the intensity, try smoking DMT. Oral dosing of DMT can be long and intense also. Smoke sessions will take you to another consciousness for 15-20 minutes.

I loved mushrooms. A buddy of mine used to get up early in the morning and go pick them from a cow pasture. We would make tea or sometimes let them dry out and eat them like popcorn.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:20 AM
  #9  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lighthouse Point
Posts: 5,316
Received 1,059 Likes on 687 Posts
Default

My reason for posting. http://www.wsj.com/articles/is-perus...rse-1461944415

Back in college (mid -70's) mushrooms, peyote, & acid were widely used.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:25 AM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Dulcecita Lures's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 16,768
Likes: 0
Received 1,526 Likes on 612 Posts
Default

Might as well lick a toad.

Personally, I achieve nirvana and inner peace 50 miles off shore in the Sea of Cortez.

Never been much on hallucinogens or psychodelics. Very unpredictable results, depends on personality and mindset at the time.

A couple years back, sweat lodges were popular here in the southwest to find one's inner self. Until several folks died in one led by some wannabe spiritual leader.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:26 AM
  #11  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: West Carolina
Posts: 21,952
Likes: 0
Received 1,558 Likes on 845 Posts
Default

I prefer peyote and an isolation chamber.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:46 AM
  #12  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: buzzards bay,ma.
Posts: 3,804
Received 411 Likes on 230 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by fakedemout View Post
I loved mushrooms. A buddy of mine used to get up early in the morning and go pick them from a cow pasture. We would make tea or sometimes let them dry out and eat them like popcorn.
Same here. Always viewed it as harmless fun.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:22 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pgh Pa
Posts: 15,404
Received 1,186 Likes on 887 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Shag View Post
I prefer peyote and an isolation chamber.


Old 05-01-2016, 01:49 PM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 597
Likes: 0
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Shag View Post
I prefer peyote and an isolation chamber.
A reference to a movie starring William Hurt?
Old 05-01-2016, 01:54 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Burbs of the Motor City
Posts: 6,991
Received 1,170 Likes on 823 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by joe.giuliano View Post
My reason for posting. http://www.wsj.com/articles/is-perus...rse-1461944415

Back in college (mid -70's) mushrooms, peyote, & acid were widely used.
I remember all 3 when I was in high school about the same time
Old 05-01-2016, 01:56 PM
  #16  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,307
Likes: 0
Received 201 Likes on 115 Posts
Default

Old 05-01-2016, 03:19 PM
  #17  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northern Ohio
Posts: 15,460
Received 1,705 Likes on 905 Posts
Default

Since I can't physically puke I have decided to not try it. It does sound like an interesting experience.

There is similar product that I know a few guys have tried called Salvia. It used to be legal but probably isn't any more. Two of the guys claim the experience changed their lives like a kind of awakening. They all seem the same to me so who knows. ;?
Old 05-01-2016, 04:06 PM
  #18  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Marblehead, Ohio
Posts: 9,985
Received 2,099 Likes on 1,086 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RussH View Post
Since I can't physically puke I have decided to not try it. It does sound like an interesting experience.

There is similar product that I know a few guys have tried called Salvia. It used to be legal but probably isn't any more. Two of the guys claim the experience changed their lives like a kind of awakening. They all seem the same to me so who knows. ;?
I think I'll stick to my Tito's

http://www.vice.com/read/why-is-salv...errifying-1015
Old 05-01-2016, 04:35 PM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Raleigh/MHC
Posts: 1,622
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

I have no desire to puke and crap myself looking for a high...
Old 05-01-2016, 06:25 PM
  #20  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northern Ohio
Posts: 15,460
Received 1,705 Likes on 905 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Boataholic View Post
I would never try the stuff, my virgin lungs probably couldn't take the smoke without me hacking up a lung. I have seen some bad reactions on You Tube. It would be interesting to know why it's a great experience for some and awful for others. Whether it's the persons personality or a different body chemical make up? ;?

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.