Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

Maserati Levante Solid First Reviews

Notices

Maserati Levante Solid First Reviews

Old 04-21-2016, 09:17 AM
  #1  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,155
Likes: 0
Received 282 Likes on 165 Posts
Thumbs up Maserati Levante Solid First Reviews

http://www.motoring.com.au/maserati-...review-102118/

"The normal fall-back position is a slight understeering stance that’s easy to correct, and it’s helped by some torque vectoring via the brakes. Its ability to cover ground on winding mountain roads is, frankly, well beyond what’s necessary in the class. You could pull people out of AMGs and M5s and the Levante’s willingness to be flung from apex to apex would astound even them."

I'm seeing the unveiling this next Thursday, looking forward to it!

Old 04-21-2016, 09:20 AM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South East Louisiana
Posts: 10,503
Received 780 Likes on 547 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Captain Twice Screwed View Post
http://www.motoring.com.au/maserati-...review-102118/

"The normal fall-back position is a slight understeering stance that’s easy to correct, and it’s helped by some torque vectoring via the brakes. Its ability to cover ground on winding mountain roads is, frankly, well beyond what’s necessary in the class. You could pull people out of AMGs and M5s and the Levante’s willingness to be flung from apex to apex would astound even them."

I'm seeing the unveiling this next Thursday, looking forward to it!

have fun at the event, I always liked Maserati's styling.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:22 AM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,789
Received 602 Likes on 373 Posts
Default

The Ferrari of SUV's. Pretty cool
Old 04-21-2016, 09:25 AM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,155
Likes: 0
Received 282 Likes on 165 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by midcap View Post
have fun at the event, I always liked Maserati's styling.
I'll post some pictures of cars and girls.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:48 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Middle of SC
Posts: 318
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by RyanL11 View Post
The Ferrari of SUV's. Pretty cool
Looks like a Mazda or maybe I'll give it a little more class and say it resenbles a little BMW SUV.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:56 AM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,155
Likes: 0
Received 282 Likes on 165 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
Looks like a Mazda or maybe I'll give it a little more class and say it resenbles a little BMW SUV.
The Porsche and BMW SUVs are kind of ugly IMO, the higher end ones are better but so similar to the cheaper versions.... me no like..
Old 04-21-2016, 10:57 AM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,155
Likes: 0
Received 282 Likes on 165 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by midcap View Post
have fun at the event, I always liked Maserati's styling.
Funny comment as their official catch phrase is "The Maserati of SUVs"....

Old 04-21-2016, 11:07 AM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tarpon Springs, FL
Posts: 7,791
Likes: 0
Received 3,751 Likes on 2,142 Posts
Default

Cool SUV, just got a call from my wife. She saw the new Bentley SUV and wants one. I can't wait to pay $200K for an SUV and have it parked at Publics. Since it's a Bentley it has 600 HP.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:08 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Johnny Dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 10,969
Likes: 0
Received 94 Likes on 26 Posts
Default

Not too bad a problem to have Mike.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:17 PM
  #10  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northern Ohio
Posts: 15,457
Received 1,701 Likes on 902 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mikefloyd View Post
Cool SUV, just got a call from my wife. She saw the new Bentley SUV and wants one. I can't wait to pay $200K for an SUV and have it parked at Publics. Since it's a Bentley it has 600 HP.
I want to buy a Bentley (used) also but my wife said she would never drive it or be seen in it, just to showy for her. I want one because they are great looking and I would like to experience a ultra high end vehicle that was hand made. Personally I don't care what anyone thinks, I buy cars because I like them. I told her I would get the windows deep tinted so no one could see who is in the car.

I really like Maserati's and I read online that used ones don't hold their value very well and can be purchased for a fraction of what a new one costs. I couldn't afford to buy a new one but I would be happy to drive a used one.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:28 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: South of the North Pole
Posts: 702
Received 286 Likes on 128 Posts
Default

Let's hope they don't have that wpos plastic crap power seat adjustment mounted on the seat.
What a piss-poor design.
And then they don't even stitch or grommet the holes in the leather where the wpos plastic mounting pins go through. Looks as if the holes in the leather were cut with a dull pocket knife.
You can keep the Maserati. No wonder they don't hold their value; style only lasts a couple years. Then all you have left is the mechanicals.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:40 PM
  #12  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,155
Likes: 0
Received 282 Likes on 165 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by waybomb View Post
Let's hope they don't have that wpos plastic crap power seat adjustment mounted on the seat.
What a piss-poor design.
And then they don't even stitch or grommet the holes in the leather where the wpos plastic mounting pins go through. Looks as if the holes in the leather were cut with a dull pocket knife.
You can keep the Maserati. No wonder they don't hold their value; style only lasts a couple years. Then all you have left is the mechanicals.
I had a Maserati Gransport for 6 years and drove it to within an inch of its life regularly, speed that in the US would be felonious. It was the most reliable and fansptastic car I've ever had.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:49 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New Port Richey, FL
Posts: 629
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Captain Twice Screwed View Post
I had a Maserati Gransport for 6 years and drove it to within an inch of its life regularly, speed that in the US would be felonious. It was the most reliable and fansptastic car I've ever had.
I've had great fun driving someone else's Maserati at felonious speed
Old 04-22-2016, 07:11 AM
  #14  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,155
Likes: 0
Received 282 Likes on 165 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jmiska View Post
I've had great fun driving someone else's Maserati at felonious speed
You didn't drive it J you abused her.

I could hear her screaming from 1/4 of a mile away!

Old 04-22-2016, 07:21 AM
  #15  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: MA
Posts: 3,250
Received 210 Likes on 97 Posts
Default

Interesting styling on that- a bit too much for me. If I were in the market for that type of vehicle, to my eye, the new Jaguar F Pace is much better looking and is also getting rave reviews. Performance is the same and quite a bit cheaper too. I just read they are going to be coming out with an SVR version with the 550+ HP V8 used in the F Type. That thing will be a monster.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Tuna Colada; 04-22-2016 at 07:34 AM.
Old 04-22-2016, 07:31 AM
  #16  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tarpon Springs, FL
Posts: 7,791
Likes: 0
Received 3,751 Likes on 2,142 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Johnny Dreamer View Post
Not too bad a problem to have Mike.
She's very funny about where she parks and getting door dings; so after she thinks about it for a while I'm sure she'll change her mind. It really does suck that lowlifes do not respect property of others and some times the damage is intentional. But 600 HP does sound interesting...
Old 04-22-2016, 10:15 AM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New Port Richey, FL
Posts: 629
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Captain Twice Screwed View Post
You didn't drive it J you abused her.

I could hear her screaming from 1/4 of a mile away!

Uh, sorry to tell you this, but those were screams of delight...
Old 04-22-2016, 11:19 AM
  #18  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,155
Likes: 0
Received 282 Likes on 165 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Tuna Colada View Post
Interesting styling on that- a bit too much for me. If I were in the market for that type of vehicle, to my eye, the new Jaguar F Pace is much better looking and is also getting rave reviews. Performance is the same and quite a bit cheaper too. I just read they are going to be coming out with an SVR version with the 550+ HP V8 used in the F Type. That thing will be a monster.
The Jag does look good, more of a beefy look to it, the Maserati looks more lithe, they say it looks amazing in the flesh.

I'll post pictures after the unveiling.
Old 04-22-2016, 12:38 PM
  #19  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tarpon Springs, FL
Posts: 7,791
Likes: 0
Received 3,751 Likes on 2,142 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Captain Twice Screwed View Post
The Jag does look good, more of a beefy look to it, the Maserati looks more lithe, they say it looks amazing in the flesh.

I'll post pictures after the unveiling.
I've said this before; I'm definitely a convertible guy but the new Jag XFR coupe has to be the most beautiful car ever built.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:02 PM
  #20  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,155
Likes: 0
Received 282 Likes on 165 Posts
Default

The Levante Launch at Reeves was great, good food, music, nice cars and other pretty things to look at:

Attached Images    

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.