Notices

Perfecta Ammo ?

Old 03-02-2016, 02:39 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Sneaky Snooker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 8,994
Default Perfecta Ammo ?

Anyone using it ? Apparently made for walmart by Tulammo/Fiocchi. FMJ , brass case, non corrosive primer. 223 box of 50 for $14.97.
Sneaky Snooker is offline  
Old 03-02-2016, 02:51 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,148
Default

If it's made for Walmart, I would not expect top line but $15/50 - dam that's less than what I have been paying for 22 mag ammo.
raystein is offline  
Old 03-02-2016, 03:07 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Sneaky Snooker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 8,994
Default

Originally Posted by raystein View Post
If it's made for Walmart, I would not expect top line but $15/50 - dam that's less than what I have been paying for 22 mag ammo.
Agreed, It's made for range/plinking. I had found the Federal 55gr FMJ box of 100 for $39.00 at wally world was the best price I could find. But saw this today and bought 100 rds to try. Pretty good reviews I'm seeing on it. Again, just for plinking and range. Perfecta on left, Federal on right...
Sneaky Snooker is offline  
Old 03-02-2016, 03:08 PM
  #4  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Houston,Tx,U.S.A
Posts: 11,684
Default

Do not run a crap load of FMJ down any American made AR.

Its very rough on the barrel when your really running the gun.

John
jtburf is offline  
Old 03-02-2016, 03:10 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Sneaky Snooker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 8,994
Default

Originally Posted by jtburf View Post
Do not run a crap load of FMJ down any American made AR.

Its very rough on the barrel when your really running the gun.

John
Soft point is better ? Don't see the difference in wear ? BTW, BCM, DD, Spikes LMT are all American made and IMO the best money can buy.
Sneaky Snooker is offline  
Old 03-02-2016, 03:13 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Port St. Lucie, FL
Posts: 1,178
Default

I can't speak for the .223 but the 9mm is great for the range. Maybe one out of fifteen has a much brighter muzzle flash but I've used hundreds of rounds and might have had one or two FTFs.
Craash420 is offline  
Old 03-02-2016, 03:15 PM
  #7  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Houston,Tx,U.S.A
Posts: 11,684
Default

Originally Posted by Sneaky Snooker View Post
Soft point is better ? Don't see the difference in wear ? BTW, BCM, DD, Spikes LMT are all American made and IMO the best money can buy.
Copper jacketed are your best option.

There is a huge difference in a couple 3 or 6 shot burst and "Running" the weapon.

When I say "Running", I am talking about 100's of rounds down the pipe as fast as you can change mags. Bump stock style shooting.

And those are not the "Best" money can buy.

Also pay more attention to the barrel maker than the lower and assembler.

Also 3 you mentioned are my clients.

John
jtburf is offline  
Old 03-02-2016, 03:18 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Sneaky Snooker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 8,994
Default

Originally Posted by jtburf View Post
Copper jacketed are your best option.

There is a huge difference in a couple 3 or 6 shot burst and "Running" the weapon.

When I say "Running", I am talking about 100's of rounds down the pipe as fast as you can change mags. Bump stock style shooting.

And those are not the "Best" money can buy.

Also pay more attention to the barrel maker than the lower and assembler.

Also 3 you mentioned are my clients.

John
Gotcha
Sneaky Snooker is offline  
Old 03-02-2016, 04:57 PM
  #9  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Kent Narrows, MD
Posts: 7,087
Default

Tulammo is Russian and not the same as Fiocchi who makes Perfecta

Interesting information found in this thread:

All American made AR15's are junk
Doing multiple consecutive mag dumps is known as running a gun
Full Metal Jacket (FMJ) ammo (like M193) will ruin an AR15 barrel
FMJ which is a lead bullet in a copper jacket is inferior to copper jacketed bullets

Fascinating stuff
Elusive is offline  
Old 03-02-2016, 05:05 PM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Long Island
Posts: 483
Default

Yup, I'm learning here too, fascinating.
When I think of all the FA mag dumps I've done , never mind bump fired, I'm shocked the firearms are still functioning in the shop.
Biohazard1 is offline  
Old 03-02-2016, 05:11 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,112
Default

The Russian ammo; Tula, Wolf etc. use bi-metal jacketing instead of copper gilding metal. Bi-metal is harder and therefore harder on the barrel. The Russians are short on copper and long on steel. That's why they make steel cased ammo with bi-metal jacketing.

And Fiocchi is really good ammo.
Fish Hunter IV is offline  
Old 03-02-2016, 05:42 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 144
Default

Originally Posted by Craash420 View Post
I can't speak for the .223 but the 9mm is great for the range. Maybe one out of fifteen has a much brighter muzzle flash but I've used hundreds of rounds and might have had one or two FTFs.
+1.. I've run a couple hundred rounds of the 9mm through my PPS with not a single issue. Just picked up 6 more boxes yesterday @ $9.95 per 50. Tried the Wolf stuff once and I'll never do that again. Horrible!!
pworm14 is offline  
Old 03-02-2016, 05:43 PM
  #13  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Marblehead, Ohio
Posts: 9,697
Default

I've used probably 150 rounds of Perfecta 9 mm thru my pistol. Cycles and shoots just fine.
Boataholic is offline  
Old 03-02-2016, 05:52 PM
  #14  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: West Carolina
Posts: 21,925
Default

Originally Posted by Elusive View Post
Interesting information found in this thread:

All American made AR15's are junk
Doing multiple consecutive mag dumps is known as running a gun
Full Metal Jacket (FMJ) ammo (like M193) will ruin an AR15 barrel
FMJ which is a lead bullet in a copper jacket is inferior to copper jacketed bullets

Fascinating stuff
Shag is offline  
Old 03-02-2016, 05:52 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pompano Beach
Posts: 1,014
Default

AR--15 ammo torture test.
http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/bras...el-cased-ammo/
wormvine is offline  
Old 03-02-2016, 05:53 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Sneaky Snooker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 8,994
Default

I don't expect any problems. $30 for 100 223 rounds is very reasonable. I will have to watch for the 40 s&w
Sneaky Snooker is offline  
Old 03-02-2016, 06:02 PM
  #17  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: kenly, n.c
Posts: 4,991
Default

Fired several rounds of it thru my xds with no issues. 9.97 a box for 50 rounds of 9mm
vettnman is offline  
Old 03-02-2016, 06:03 PM
  #18  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,404
Default

If I find it at my Walmart I'll buy it and shoot it with pleasure. Good price.
chrispnet is offline  
Old 03-02-2016, 06:08 PM
  #19  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Palm Harbor, Fl
Posts: 376
Default

I have shot the 9mm and 223. Zero problems.
Tunahelper is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread