Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

Fan duel and draft kings party may be coming to an end

Notices

Fan duel and draft kings party may be coming to an end

Old 11-11-2015, 02:07 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
THT sponsor
Thread Starter
 
captain nate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bradenton Florida
Posts: 8,503
Default Fan duel and draft kings party may be coming to an end

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/...ports-gambling

York attorney general Eric Schneiderman declared Tuesday that daily fantasy sports constitute illegal gambling in his state, and he sent game operators DraftKings and FanDuel cease-and-desist notices in a significant blow to the embattled, billion-dollar industry.

Schneiderman demanded DraftKings and FanDuel, the two industry giants, stop accepting "wagers" from New York residents. He is not, at this point, asking the companies to discontinue operations in the state.

"Our review concludes that DraftKings'/FanDuel's operations constitute illegal gambling under New York law," Schneiderman wrote in the letter obtained by ESPN's David Purdum and Darren Rovell and ABC News...
captain nate is offline  
Old 11-11-2015, 05:33 AM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: sarasota
Posts: 3,539
Default

No shit its gambling...they should just legalize it. Online poker, sports books..etc..

Or quit putting odds lines on sports in the frigin newspaper..hypocrites

Would probably be a tax bonanza
gumpire is offline  
Old 11-11-2015, 05:36 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: north florida
Posts: 1,547
Default

Its over!
lwpierrat is offline  
Old 11-11-2015, 05:39 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Folly Beach, SC
Posts: 1,807
Default

Promo code: Gameover
Trollin4Tuna is offline  
Old 11-11-2015, 05:45 AM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,675
Default

Sounds more like the state of NY isn't happy they aren't getting their cut, or their "friends" are losing out on the action.
RyanL11 is offline  
Old 11-11-2015, 05:47 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,807
Default

They will go to court over it. it is nothing more than political posturing to get it taxed. (Heck New York even banned pinball for 30-40 years).

States with big gaming lobbies will be the ones getting legislatures to consider it a game of chance (gambling) vs a game of skill. They do not want the discretionary dollar getting away from the land based gaming and in states where it is strong (NY), the lottery.

Pssst - Pennsylvania will be next on deck considering it gambling.
Jersus is online now  
Old 11-11-2015, 05:47 AM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 2,071
Default

I've been winning every weekend, hoping they don't outlaw it!

Maybe it's time to withdraw money from my account in the mean time.
WalkingTheDocks is offline  
Old 11-11-2015, 05:49 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
freeporttuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 9,897
Default

The whole internet fantasy football thing is nothing more than a money making scam for suckers.
freeporttuna is offline  
Old 11-11-2015, 06:24 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
WaterEnjoyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 12,020
Default

Originally Posted by WalkingTheDocks View Post
I've been winning every weekend, hoping they don't outlaw it!

Maybe it's time to withdraw money from my account in the mean time.
years ago I used to play online poker with real money. Same thing, it was found to be illegal and I couldn't withdraw the money. I didn't start with much but i was way up. I think the site was Jetset poker or something
WaterEnjoyer is online now  
Old 11-11-2015, 06:25 AM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,406
Default

Originally Posted by Jersus View Post
They will go to court over it. it is nothing more than political posturing to get it taxed. (Heck New York even banned pinball for 30-40 years).

States with big gaming lobbies will be the ones getting legislatures to consider it a game of chance (gambling) vs a game of skill. They do not want the discretionary dollar getting away from the land based gaming and in states where it is strong (NY), the lottery.

Pssst - Pennsylvania will be next on deck considering it gambling.
Which part isn't currently being taxed?
If it isn't being taxed, is it just a function of internet revenue being elusive to the state?
chrispnet is offline  
Old 11-11-2015, 06:26 AM
  #11  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,406
Default

Originally Posted by gumpire View Post
No shit its gambling...they should just legalize it. Online poker, sports books..etc..

Or quit putting odds lines on sports in the frigin newspaper..hypocrites

Would probably be a tax bonanza
Who are the hypocrites? How is it not a tax bonanza now (for someone)?
These transactions are all online and therefore traceable.
chrispnet is offline  
Old 11-11-2015, 06:46 AM
  #12  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Palm Beach County
Posts: 9,108
Default

Im not saying I use to gamble heavy on football thru sites in the islands. But if I did I bet I would have gotten weird cashier checks for my winnings. I bet they took a week to clear to my checking account. I would also bet I had to go to check cashing stores to cash them. The problem is they (fan duel) spent 10 million dollars on ads. They will move off shore and the hardcore guys will still use them.
WPBTH is offline  
Old 11-11-2015, 07:17 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,755
Default

Look at the owners the TV folks are big time investors.
hhi angler is offline  
Old 11-11-2015, 07:21 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Destin/Tampa,FL
Posts: 1,361
Default

In Florida two of the big boy Republicans are opening their arms wide for the gambling operations. Bring on the taxes.
bayfisher92 is online now  
Old 11-11-2015, 07:21 AM
  #15  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Marlin009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: West Coast FL
Posts: 14,998
Default Fan duel and draft kings party may be coming to an end

This would take care of my problem with it.........my wife is kicking my aaaaasssss every week!
Marlin009 is online now  
Old 11-11-2015, 07:22 AM
  #16  
CME
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,839
Default

Yeah, no more commercials.
CME is offline  
Old 11-11-2015, 07:24 AM
  #17  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Tampa bay
Posts: 1,657
Default

Just like Bo-Dog Was only a matter of time
DEBTICATED is online now  
Old 11-11-2015, 07:27 AM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 214
Default

Originally Posted by WPBTH View Post
Im not saying I use to gamble heavy on football thru sites in the islands. But if I did I bet I would have gotten weird cashier checks for my winnings. I bet they took a week to clear to my checking account. I would also bet I had to go to check cashing stores to cash them. The problem is they (fan duel) spent 10 million dollars on ads. They will move off shore and the hardcore guys will still use them.
Offshore or there was a certain Indian Reservation specializing in hosting back in the day where most of the online poker places were using
Andy9161 is offline  
Old 11-11-2015, 07:36 AM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Folly Beach, SC
Posts: 1,807
Default

Originally Posted by chrispnet View Post
Which part isn't currently being taxed?
If it isn't being taxed, is it just a function of internet revenue being elusive to the state?
It is being taxed. Not sure why I see this comment on these stories. If you make more than $600 in winnings, they will issue you a 1099. I'm sure they are filing all of their required tax forms and paying just like normal businesses. They would be insane not to.
Trollin4Tuna is offline  
Old 11-11-2015, 08:05 AM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Palm City, Fl
Posts: 216
Default

Originally Posted by Trollin4Tuna View Post
It is being taxed. Not sure why I see this comment on these stories. If you make more than $600 in winnings, they will issue you a 1099. I'm sure they are filing all of their required tax forms and paying just like normal businesses. They would be insane not to.
YOU are being taxed, Fanduel and draftking are NOT and they make a sh@t ton of money off the people that bet there...I for one would be happy if they find them illegal and the damn ads stop every 5 seconds
sammythebu11 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread