Notices

weekend carf aston martin

Old 09-11-2015, 01:42 PM
  #1  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: alabama
Posts: 463
Cool weekend carf aston martin

thinking about a weekend car 9not a new one0
looking at some 05' thru 09' DB9 Aston's
has anyone on here ever had one
give me opinions?
hows service work>?
any crazy issues?
just a sunday afternoon car not a everyday deal
ruuster is offline  
Old 09-11-2015, 01:45 PM
  #2  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Davie / Islamorada
Posts: 12,299
Default

just sold my 2013 V8V Vantage and purchased a 2009 Porsche Turbo ....

If you like GT cars (as I do) Astons are the nicest looking cars on the planet IMHO ... (short of the Ferrari F12)

Problem is - they are slow .... I got over the looks and wanted some serious HP/speed

Don't want to discourage you - I always wanted one since I was a young child watching 007 .. They are cool for sure

Name:  Image3_zps84cc829b.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  36.2 KB
triplenet is offline  
Old 09-11-2015, 01:48 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Sneaky Snooker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 9,071
Default

Originally Posted by triplenet View Post
just sold my 2013 V8V Vantage and purchased a 2009 Porsche Turbo ....

If you like GT cars (as I do) Astons are the nicest looking cars on the planet IMHO ... (short of the Ferrari F12)

Problem is - they are slow .... I got over the looks and wanted some serious HP/speed

Don't want to discourage you - I always wanted one since I was a young child .. They are cool for sure

Damn Trip that was a gorgeous car !
Sneaky Snooker is offline  
Old 09-11-2015, 01:54 PM
  #4  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Davie / Islamorada
Posts: 12,299
Default

Originally Posted by Sneaky Snooker View Post
Damn Trip that was a gorgeous car !
It was .... I miss it .... damn thing game me wood every time I sat in her ...

The Aston V12 Vantage is the way to go - thing is a rocket - but its expensive ...

My family hates the Porsche .... until they get in and and I pin them to the seat rowing thru 4 gears ..



triplenet is offline  
Old 09-11-2015, 02:43 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Sneaky Snooker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 9,071
Default

Badass, how are these cars as far as reliability ? Never owned an English car, but I always think of them as less then dependable such as Range Rover s and the old Jaguars.. How did yours treat you Trip ?
Sneaky Snooker is offline  
Old 09-11-2015, 03:01 PM
  #6  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Davie / Islamorada
Posts: 12,299
Default

Originally Posted by Sneaky Snooker View Post
Badass, how are these cars as far as reliability ? Never owned an English car, but I always think of them as less then dependable such as Range Rover s and the old Jaguars.. How did yours treat you Trip ?
Mine was new so no issues .... but they have significantly improved reliability over the years ... Its not like the old Jag/Range Rover days ...
triplenet is offline  
Old 09-11-2015, 03:24 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cape Fear, NC
Posts: 11,641
Default

My cousin just bought this and is pretty kickass:

The Aston V12 Vantage is the way to go - thing is a rocket - but its expensive.
back at it is offline  
Old 09-11-2015, 03:49 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Sneaky Snooker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 9,071
Default

Originally Posted by triplenet View Post
Mine was new so no issues .... but they have significantly improved reliability over the years ... Its not like the old Jag/Range Rover days ...
That's great to hear !
Sneaky Snooker is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread