Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

Springfield Armory 1911 TRP™ Operator® .45ACP 45

Notices

Springfield Armory 1911 TRP™ Operator® .45ACP 45

Old 09-11-2015, 12:08 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pgh Pa
Posts: 14,752
Default Springfield Armory 1911 TRP™ Operator® .45ACP 45

Gunbroker


PATRIOT DAY CHARITY AUCTION

benefiting the Veteran's Airlift Command (veteransairlift.org), whose mission is to provide free air transportation to post 9/11 combat wounded and their families for medical and other compassionate purposes through a national network of volunteer aircraft owners and pilots

Springfield Armory® Limited Edition
1 of 2 Patriot Day 1911 TRP™ Operator® .45ACP

Current Bid: $4,026.00
Bid Increment: $25.00
Minimum Bid: $4,051.00





Thalasso is offline  
Old 09-11-2015, 03:32 PM
  #2  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: St. Augustine, Fl
Posts: 21,814
Default

Nice
Cracker is offline  
Old 09-11-2015, 03:46 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pgh Pa
Posts: 14,752
Default

I understand the purpose but $4,026.00. people that have money(like yourself) are the ones bidding on it.
Way out of my league
Thalasso is offline  
Old 09-11-2015, 03:46 PM
  #4  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: West Carolina
Posts: 21,930
Default

Very cool! Let us know how it shoots.
Shag is offline  
Old 09-11-2015, 04:22 PM
  #5  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: St. Augustine, Fl
Posts: 21,814
Default

Originally Posted by Thalasso View Post
I understand the purpose but $4,026.00. people that have money(like yourself) are the ones bidding on it.
:r ofl: I am soon to be on a fixed income
Cracker is offline  
Old 09-11-2015, 06:23 PM
  #6  
Senior MemberPLEDGERPLEDGERCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ATL & SAV
Posts: 12,247
Default

If you win the auction you are buying a great gun and making a sizeable donation to a worthy charity while the mfg is generating goodwill by contributing the cost of producing a custom pistol. Everyone wins here.
Tireless is offline  
Old 09-11-2015, 06:28 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,668
Default

.

Nice but I prefer my Les Baer Premier II.

.
shadco is online now  
Old 09-11-2015, 07:29 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,878
Default

Originally Posted by shadco View Post
.

Nice but I prefer my Les Baer Premier II.

.
Whoopde freakin doo. Ya missed the point there entirely Charlie. Get it? Kinda like Charlie brown trying to kick the football? No? Still over your head?
How do you know you prefer the Les Baer? You havent shot this pistol. It says right above 1 of 2 and neither have been sold. It might be s4ome awesome incredible shooter. Oh thats right you dont know you just wanted people to think you have a Les Baer, oh excuse me a Les Baer Premier II.
Fwiw I recently traded a Les Baer and to tell you the truth 99% of the gun snobs (you) and other shooters (myself included) could barely tell the god damn difference if you were handed two 1911s blindfolded and told to fire them(safely of course). Youre just not that good. I know youre awesome, you can wipe a gnats ass at 50yds with 220gr fmj. You bought it (or want people to think you did) for the name only. Dont lie. I bought one having been told theyre just amazing! Well honestly several other of my 1911s shoot just as well to the point I dont feel the need to have that kind of money tied up in one. Im not the greatest gun slinger in the world by any means but I did go through 20k( +- a few boxes) rounds last year so I have a little trigger time, how bout you?

Now back to our regularly scheduled program. Nice gun, cool cause. Too expensive for my cheap ass, if im not gonna shoot it, I dont need it. Can I just donate a Benjamin and feel good about myself?

ps. Did they really have to put tactical on the reciever and call it the "Operator"?
nautiduck is offline  
Old 09-11-2015, 07:58 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pgh Pa
Posts: 14,752
Default

Originally Posted by nautiduck View Post
Whoopde freakin doo. Ya missed the point there entirely Charlie. Get it? Kinda like Charlie brown trying to kick the football? No? Still over your head?
How do you know you prefer the Les Baer? You havent shot this pistol. It says right above 1 of 2 and neither have been sold. It might be s4ome awesome incredible shooter. Oh thats right you dont know you just wanted people to think you have a Les Baer, oh excuse me a Les Baer Premier II.
Fwiw I recently traded a Les Baer and to tell you the truth 99% of the gun snobs (you) and other shooters (myself included) could barely tell the god damn difference if you were handed two 1911s blindfolded and told to fire them(safely of course). Youre just not that good. I know youre awesome, you can wipe a gnats ass at 50yds with 220gr fmj. You bought it (or want people to think you did) for the name only. Dont lie. I bought one having been told theyre just amazing! Well honestly several other of my 1911s shoot just as well to the point I dont feel the need to have that kind of money tied up in one. Im not the greatest gun slinger in the world by any means but I did go through 20k( +- a few boxes) rounds last year so I have a little trigger time, how bout you?

Now back to our regularly scheduled program. Nice gun, cool cause. Too expensive for my cheap ass, if im not gonna shoot it, I dont need it. Can I just donate a Benjamin and feel good about myself?

ps. Did they really have to put tactical on the reciever and call it the "Operator"?

Thalasso is offline  
Old 09-12-2015, 05:52 AM
  #10  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SE FL
Posts: 948
Default

The other Patriot Day 1911 TRP Operator was won by a Springfield customer just yesterday in Moore, OK.
NoWake200 is offline  
Old 09-12-2015, 07:31 AM
  #11  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pgh Pa
Posts: 14,752
Default

Originally Posted by NoWake200 View Post
The other Patriot Day 1911 TRP Operator was won by a Springfield customer just yesterday in Moore, OK.
Do you know what it went for?
Thalasso is offline  
Old 09-12-2015, 09:49 AM
  #12  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
spraynet 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sanford, FL
Posts: 7,213
Default

Did you really just start a paragraph on the Internet , which, by the way will live forever with your screen name beside it with the phrase: " Whoopde freaking do"


That right there is classic!
spraynet 1 is offline  
Old 09-12-2015, 10:16 AM
  #13  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: kitty hawk,nc.
Posts: 4,174
Default

Originally Posted by Thalasso View Post
Do you know what it went for?


If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

:r ofl:
jpcanning is offline  
Old 09-12-2015, 11:06 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,668
Default

Originally Posted by spraynet 1 View Post
Did you really just start a paragraph on the Internet , which, by the way will live forever with your screen name beside it with the phrase: " Whoopde freaking do"


That right there is classic!
Followed by ranking on the gun he was supposedly defending.

Good thing he knows how good shot I am, must not have been at the class I attended last weekend.

.
shadco is online now  
Old 09-12-2015, 11:29 AM
  #15  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Gretna, LA, USA
Posts: 6,224
Default

Damn Nautiduck. That was as honest as it was epic. You should do more of these. Can you do some on Yeti, Under Armour, etc?
trout25red is offline  
Old 09-12-2015, 11:43 AM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,878
Default

I wasnt "ranking" on the pistol. I mentioned the fact that they put tactical on the pistol and called it the "Operator". I was pointing out the ridiculous marketing by Springfield. That would be "ranking" on some douchenozzle at springfield not the gun.
I also wasnt defending it per se, I was pointing out your ridiculous attempt to belittle the gun show how awesome you are, when the whole point of mentioning it was to bring awareness to an auction being held to help wounded Vets and their families. You showed how awesome you are by your mentioning that you "prefer" your overpriced brand name pistol instead of what is actually a decent weapon. Anyway Im sure your class turned you into a grade A tactical operator and you and your les baer can save the world from paper targets everywhere. Im sure they are just aquiver in fear.
nautiduck is offline  
Old 09-12-2015, 11:47 AM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
tcpip95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Posts: 2,110
Default

Originally Posted by nautiduck View Post
....you and your les baer can save the world from paper targets everywhere. Im sure they are just aquiver in fear.
Epic quote!
tcpip95 is online now  
Old 09-12-2015, 12:54 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pgh Pa
Posts: 14,752
Default

Originally Posted by jpcanning View Post
If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

:r ofl:
Isn't that the truth
Thalasso is offline  
Old 09-12-2015, 01:02 PM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,878
Default

Originally Posted by trout25red View Post
Damn Nautiduck. That was as honest as it was epic. You should do more of these. Can you do some on Yeti, Under Armour, etc?
Sorry, I dont own a yeti as the thought of spending $400 on a cooler is a tad short bus in my humble opinion. However my Coleman awesomo extremo or whatever its called holds ice for the couple days I need it to just fine.
As far as Under Armour I actually am wearing a pair of their compression shorts now so I hesitate to give a negative review even though they are a bit pricy. I find they cradle my buns and hold my precious bits quite nicely when breaching doors and helping a shitbag that doesnt want to be cuffed into his bracelets. They are also quite nice about keeping my bits dry and chafe free. They were a thoughtful gift from the misses so price really didnt factor in. Although I have found reeboks work comparably at slightly lower cost. Being the cheap ass that I am I will probably buy more of those when the time comes.
nautiduck is offline  
Old 09-12-2015, 01:30 PM
  #20  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Gretna, LA, USA
Posts: 6,224
Default

Originally Posted by nautiduck View Post
Sorry, I dont own a yeti as the thought of spending $400 on a cooler is a tad short bus in my humble opinion. However my Coleman awesomo extremo or whatever its called holds ice for the couple days I need it to just fine.
As far as Under Armour I actually am wearing a pair of their compression shorts now so I hesitate to give a negative review even though they are a bit pricy. I find they cradle my buns and hold my precious bits quite nicely when breaching doors and helping a shitbag that doesnt want to be cuffed into his bracelets. They are also quite nice about keeping my bits dry and chafe free. They were a thoughtful gift from the misses so price really didnt factor in. Although I have found reeboks work comparably at slightly lower cost. Being the cheap ass that I am I will probably buy more of those when the time comes.
So I didn't choose the best products, but you gave an effort and get the point.
Thanks to you and your precious bits for doing a job that I couldn't.
trout25red is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread