Notices

I wanted to say THANK YOU

Old 09-04-2015, 04:06 AM
  #1  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: St. Augustine, Fl
Posts: 22,384
Received 4,476 Likes on 1,803 Posts
Default I wanted to say THANK YOU

Yesterday while eating at Sonny's with two other uniformed beat officers we were informed by our server that our bill had already been paid for. I wish I could have Thanked that individual in person but it was much appreciated...

.THANK YOU!!!
Old 09-04-2015, 04:16 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 768
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Sweet! Happy to see that there are people who support LE out there. Continue to be safe Cracker.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:18 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Eastport205's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Brick, NJ
Posts: 3,707
Received 1,193 Likes on 632 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jdgixxerjay5 View Post
Sweet! Happy to see that there are people who support LE out there. Continue to be safe Cracker.
x2 !!
Old 09-04-2015, 04:21 AM
  #4  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Raleigh & Surf City, NC
Posts: 13,019
Likes: 0
Received 1,007 Likes on 513 Posts
Default

Your welcome and I'm glad you posted this, it gives me an idea.


I know you're already doing this, pay extra attention to your situational awareness until further notice. Stay safe.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:31 AM
  #5  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Downeast, North Carolina
Posts: 6,132
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by baypro21 View Post
Your welcome and I'm glad you posted this, it gives me an idea.


I know you're already doing this, pay extra attention to your situational awareness until further notice. Stay safe.
That was my first thought when I saw "Cracker". My next thought was, we have several LEO's on here, ALL Y'ALL BE SAFE!!!
Old 09-04-2015, 04:34 AM
  #6  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,400
Received 1,008 Likes on 548 Posts
Default

Nice!
Old 09-04-2015, 04:41 AM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
triumphrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Masaryktown, Fl
Posts: 19,145
Received 4,924 Likes on 2,180 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Cracker View Post
Yesterday while eating at Sonny's with two other uniformed beat officers we were informed by our server that our bill had already been paid for. I wish I could have Thanked that individual in person but it was much appreciated...

.THANK YOU!!!
There are more of us that feel this way than the few punks and thugs who hate you guys...

I'm always amazed at the cop hating threads that get started here. I have never had anything against LEO's and I am of the thought that if something goes badly, it is deserved.

I guess if I had the mindset that the encounter should have never happened and blame a cop for my bad behavior, I would feel the way they do.

Be careful and be safe!

We need a sequel to Morgan Ponce and his escapades!
Old 09-04-2015, 04:47 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Lprizman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rhode island
Posts: 7,173
Received 4,848 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Default

Nice!!!!
Have a great day!!
Lance
Old 09-04-2015, 05:08 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sarasota area
Posts: 3,253
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

OP: I'm sure the folks in Ponte Vedra appreciate your support in protecting their country-club lifestyle



What, nobody made a joke about cops eating pork?

I won't go there either, then

On another note: This total lack of respect for authority needs to be met with some police brutality that has no retribution. Get a few loudmouth folks who think they can do whatever the hell they want and get away with it, beat the tar out of 'em and give 'em no recourse legally. Then we'll see some change in attitude. But this crap about folks doing dumb stuff and getting away with it, then challenging any consequences, is getting out of control.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:23 AM
  #10  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: St. Augustine, Fl
Posts: 22,384
Received 4,476 Likes on 1,803 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by chimmike View Post
OP: I'm sure the folks in Ponte Vedra appreciate your support in protecting their country-club lifestyle



What, nobody made a joke about cops eating pork?

I won't go there either, then

On another note: This total lack of respect for authority needs to be met with some police brutality that has no retribution. Get a few loudmouth folks who think they can do whatever the hell they want and get away with it, beat the tar out of 'em and give 'em no recourse legally. Then we'll see some change in attitude. But this crap about folks doing dumb stuff and getting away with it, then challenging any consequences, is getting out of control.
Sometimes I wished I worked Ponte Vedra... Im a little further North..
Old 09-04-2015, 05:38 AM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sarasota area
Posts: 3,253
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Cracker View Post
Sometimes I wished I worked Ponte Vedra... Im a little further North..
I am just kidding with ya anyways. The guys on here say you're a big teddy bear.

I have tremendous respect for law enforcement. Fortunately my parents instilled that in me from an early age. Whether or not I'm scared of somebody does not affect whether or not I respect them. Respect and fear should be independent of eachother. I think since folks like that don't fear cops, they equate that to not having to respect them, either.

I'll say it again. All they need is a good ass-kicking to adjust the attitude. Put 'em in interrogation, shut off the cameras, and fire away, haha.

"What happened? Oh, you fell? Maybe we can get you some occupational therapy in prison to teach you how to walk again."
Old 09-04-2015, 05:44 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sarasota area
Posts: 3,253
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Captain O'Hagan: There was a time when we'd take a guy like you in the back and beat you with a hose. Now you've got your God-damned unions.

Farva: Cap'n... you know I'm not a pro-union guy.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:48 AM
  #13  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 11,401
Received 2,535 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Default

I don't think a lot of you guys fully grasp how bad an area Cracker works. They have shootings there daily and the cops in that area get shot at frequently.
The kind of stuff that would make good TV.

Cracker I hear you are a short-timer now so take care of yourself.

Also I'll be coming through there in a couple of hours, so if you see BlueRudy DON'T TAZE ME BRO!
Old 09-04-2015, 05:49 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere East
Posts: 452
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

A bar of soap? Good one Farva.

Thanks to all those out there that keep us safe and sound in our everyday lives. Im only 25, but there are still those of this generation who respect and appreciate those who protect and serve.

Mike
Old 09-04-2015, 05:52 AM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sarasota area
Posts: 3,253
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BlueRudy View Post
I don't think a lot of you guys fully grasp how bad an area Cracker works. They have shootings there daily and the cops in that area get shot at frequently.
The kind of stuff that would make good TV.

Cracker I hear you are a short-timer now so take care of yourself.

Also I'll be coming through there in a couple of hours, so if you see BlueRudy DON'T TAZE ME BRO!
I don't think folks outside of Jacksonville know just how bad many parts of that city really are.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:54 AM
  #16  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: East Hampton Ct
Posts: 3,365
Received 452 Likes on 283 Posts
Default

Love them? No. Hate them? No. Respect them? Absolutely. It's a job i wouldn't wish on anybody where chit flows both up hill and down hill with the cop in the middle. Most are just trying to do a job that most others don't want and then go home at the end of the day.
Almost sounds like immigrant farmers. We better be careful otherwise we may be getting pulled over by Mexicans before to long.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:07 AM
  #17  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tarpon Springs, FL
Posts: 8,803
Received 4,113 Likes on 2,342 Posts
Default

Not everyone hates LEOs. I can't imagine having to risk my life for the people that we see protesting on TV.

Thank you for what you do.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:19 AM
  #18  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: pascagoula,ms
Posts: 9,506
Received 1,987 Likes on 986 Posts
Default

My buddy is a LEO and went into a black owned fruit stand yesterday and they handed him his receipt and it said "cops live matter" nice folks that own it
Old 09-04-2015, 06:21 AM
  #19  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: St. Augustine, Fl
Posts: 22,384
Received 4,476 Likes on 1,803 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BlueRudy View Post
.

Cracker I hear you are a short-timer now so take care of yourself.

Also I'll be coming through there in a couple of hours, so if you see BlueRudy DON'T TAZE ME BRO!
21 MORE WORK DAYS...

Where is that darn tazer anyway..
Old 09-04-2015, 06:21 AM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Eastport205's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Brick, NJ
Posts: 3,707
Received 1,193 Likes on 632 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mikefloyd View Post
Not everyone hates LEOs. I can't imagine having to risk my life for the people that we see protesting on TV.

Thank you for what you do.
Or the asshats here that run them down, in some ways I'd be willing to bet that stings even more.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.