Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

Help getting Siemens light switch from Brazil

Notices

Help getting Siemens light switch from Brazil

Old 08-31-2015, 02:05 PM
  #1  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,302
Received 424 Likes on 186 Posts
Default Help getting Siemens light switch from Brazil

I bought a boat made in Brazil and need to replace a few light switches and I need this specific switch in order to match the other switches in the boat. Unfortunately, I do not read nor speak Portugese and I am not sure if Siemens even distributes this switch in the American market much less how I could cross it to an American part NO.

I found the switches on this Brazil website, but not sure how to order or if they ship internationally, etc... Any suggestions are welcomed.

Switch:
http://www.eletrotrafo.com.br/eletro...uto.php?c=2529

Dimmer:
http://www.eletrotrafo.com.br/eletro...uto.php?c=3051

Thanks!
Old 08-31-2015, 02:35 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pgh Pa
Posts: 16,369
Received 1,367 Likes on 1,034 Posts
Default

Probably less hassle and cheaper to replace all of them if matching is the issue
Old 08-31-2015, 02:55 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,258
Received 975 Likes on 410 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Thalasso View Post
Probably less hassle and cheaper to replace all of them if matching is the issue
This.

But since you asked....

I used this: http://itools.com/tool/google-transl...age-translator


To get this (one of your links):

https://translate.google.com/transla...php%3Fc%3D2529
Old 08-31-2015, 02:59 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
DJWILLIAMS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Eastern, NC
Posts: 5,123
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

If u use chrome it will prompt you to translate the page.

Once in you may be able to change the pages language to English if it's a option.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:15 PM
  #5  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,302
Received 424 Likes on 186 Posts
Default

There are quite a few Siemens outlets and switches in this boat and they are all matching so it would be several hundred dollars to replace plus a lot of labor, thanks for that idea though it was my backup if I can't get my hands on these Siemens replacements.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:38 PM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: buzzards bay,ma.
Posts: 4,040
Received 564 Likes on 303 Posts
Default

Product can be bought online but cannot be shipped to the U.S. The Admiral is Brazilian and translated
Old 08-31-2015, 07:32 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 518
Likes: 0
Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts
Default

I'm heading to Brazil on a business trip next month.

If you want I can try to locate using my contractor down there and bring it back with me.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:32 AM
  #8  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,302
Received 424 Likes on 186 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SoFlo2008 View Post
I'm heading to Brazil on a business trip next month.

If you want I can try to locate using my contractor down there and bring it back with me.
Thanks for your offer, PM Sent!
Old 09-01-2015, 08:02 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,755
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

One has to wonder why the product can't be brought to the USA?
Old 09-01-2015, 08:55 AM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pgh Pa
Posts: 16,369
Received 1,367 Likes on 1,034 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by hhi angler View Post
One has to wonder why the product can't be brought to the USA?
Probably doesn't meet codes
Old 09-01-2015, 10:59 AM
  #11  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 11,850
Likes: 0
Received 423 Likes on 241 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Thalasso View Post
Probably doesn't meet codes

Exactly. No UL.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:21 AM
  #12  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,095
Likes: 0
Received 404 Likes on 225 Posts
Default

Try a local electrical supply company.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:20 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 524
Likes: 0
Received 195 Likes on 108 Posts
Default

try squid
Old 09-01-2015, 06:58 PM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Hagar TH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central Fl
Posts: 4,421
Likes: 0
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default

Get in touch with Wes-Garde here in Lakeland Florida. they have every marine switch known to man.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:29 PM
  #15  
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Up North Wis & Marco Island, FL
Posts: 2,796
Likes: 0
Received 171 Likes on 95 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by houtxfisher View Post
I bought a boat made in Brazil and need to replace a few light switches and I need this specific switch in order to match the other switches in the boat. Unfortunately, I do not read nor speak Portugese and I am not sure if Siemens even distributes this switch in the American market much less how I could cross it to an American part NO.

I found the switches on this Brazil website, but not sure how to order or if they ship internationally, etc... Any suggestions are welcomed.

Switch:
http://www.eletrotrafo.com.br/eletro...uto.php?c=2529

Dimmer:
http://www.eletrotrafo.com.br/eletro...uto.php?c=3051

Thanks!
240 VAC too.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.