Notices

Won tix to the Eagles tonite!

Old 07-10-2015, 08:14 AM
  #1  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: WPB, Fl.
Posts: 10,242
Default Won tix to the Eagles tonite!

Heard Joe will play funk 49.
Also heard they still bring it.
Should be fun as they are one of the few bands I have not
seen yet. Did see joe at trancas in Malibu years ago.
Man he can rock a slide guitar.
Cheers
gofastsandman is offline  
Old 07-10-2015, 08:35 AM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Dulcecita Lures's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 16,760
Default

Good thing you won them... I was checking on them when here in PHX and damn, would have been a $1200 night for even semi-decent seats! Crazy prices. Love their music, though.
Dulcecita Lures is offline  
Old 07-10-2015, 08:43 AM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Fish'nFool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Anywhere but here...
Posts: 24,599
Default

Me jealous.

What caller were you?
Fish'nFool is online now  
Old 07-10-2015, 09:21 AM
  #4  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 2,373
Default

Don Henley is the biggest D-bag on the planet. I wouldn't give him one dime of my money or support him in any way.

Watch the Eagles documentary and tell me if you don't agree.
Chuckster is offline  
Old 07-10-2015, 09:29 AM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: WPB, Fl.
Posts: 10,242
Default

Originally Posted by Fish'nFool View Post
Me jealous.

What caller were you?
The right one.

Heard fielder was the d bag

Link to documentary?
gofastsandman is offline  
Old 07-10-2015, 09:30 AM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Fish'nFool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Anywhere but here...
Posts: 24,599
Default

I don't care what they are, they play great music.
Fish'nFool is online now  
Old 07-10-2015, 09:37 AM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: WPB, Fl.
Posts: 10,242
Default

Originally Posted by Fish'nFool View Post
Me jealous.

What caller were you?
The right one.

Heard fielder was the d bag

Link to documentary?
gofastsandman is offline  
Old 07-10-2015, 09:38 AM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: WPB, Fl.
Posts: 10,242
Default

Originally Posted by Fish'nFool View Post
I don't care what they are, they play great music.
This!
gofastsandman is offline  
Old 07-10-2015, 09:56 AM
  #9  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bouncing between Leesburg and Homosassa
Posts: 1,379
Default

Saw them a few years ago. Played a lot of Joe Walsh and James Gang music so I enjoyed it a lot.
TooReel is online now  
Old 07-10-2015, 10:04 AM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: WPB, Fl.
Posts: 10,242
Default

Originally Posted by TooReel View Post
Saw them a few years ago. Played a lot of Joe Walsh and James Gang music so I enjoyed it a lot.
That's what I'm hearing as well. Hope he plays some acoustic
slide. Tasty! Where's Al I need hookers n blow.
gofastsandman is offline  
Old 07-10-2015, 10:09 AM
  #11  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
PLEDGERPLEDGERPLEDGERPLEDGER
 
Snapper Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Republic of West Florida - the ORIGINAL lone star state
Posts: 17,778
Default

I already sent Joe a big care package with the girls. They'll be waiting on you.


Big Al
Snapper Head is offline  
Old 07-10-2015, 10:14 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cape Fear, NC
Posts: 11,493
Default

You tailgating? A keg should suffice.
back at it is offline  
Old 07-10-2015, 10:26 AM
  #13  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: WPB, Fl.
Posts: 10,242
Default

Originally Posted by Snapper Head View Post
I already sent Joe a big care package with the girls. They'll be waiting on you.


Big Al
Procured and partied with Jack and Jorma back in the day.
Hot Tuna indeed.
gofastsandman is offline  
Old 07-10-2015, 10:37 AM
  #14  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Long Island,NY
Posts: 11,971
Default

Philadelphia Eagles? - Pre Season games seem to start earlier and earlier each year. Who they playing?
SeaJay is offline  
Old 07-10-2015, 02:40 PM
  #15  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 2,373
Default

Originally Posted by gofastsandman View Post
The right one.

Heard fielder was the d bag

Link to documentary?
Henley is a talented guy, no doubt, but his ego has gotten the better of him. Anyone who has ever been in a band can tell you that it's the Three Musketeer's motto: One for all and all for one. Henley is all about himself and making more money than anyone else in the band, and he repeatedly admits that.

The documentary is on DVD and iTunes... and I'm sure Henley is getting a bigger chunk of that revenue than anyone else in the band.

Don Felder is a phenomenal guitar player, and he was crushed when he tossed out of the band he help start, simply for challenging Henley.

There used to be a time when musicians cared about the music more than the money. Listen to Neil Young.

Sorry, rant over. That documentary pissed me off so badly that I can't even listen to the Eagles anymore.
Chuckster is offline  
Old 07-10-2015, 03:20 PM
  #16  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: WPB, Fl.
Posts: 10,242
Default

Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
Henley is a talented guy, no doubt, but his ego has gotten the better of him. Anyone who has ever been in a band can tell you that it's the Three Musketeer's motto: One for all and all for one. Henley is all about himself and making more money than anyone else in the band, and he repeatedly admits that.

The documentary is on DVD and iTunes... and I'm sure Henley is getting a bigger chunk of that revenue than anyone else in the band.

Don Felder is a phenomenal guitar player, and he was crushed when he tossed out of the band he help start, simply for challenging Henley.

There used to be a time when musicians cared about the music more than the money. Listen to Neil Young.

Sorry, rant over. That documentary pissed me off so badly that I can't even listen to the Eagles anymore.
Never fun being asked to leave the band. Felder is sadly, mostly forgotten to time. I know the dynamic. Last band was Severe Tire Damage. It is a real challenge for most. You live, eat, breath, sleep, bang, snort, smoke, drink, and laugh together. You also yell, argue and cry together.

Very few are grounded as Neil and his wife are. 17th B Day at W&M Uni. 7th row on the Rust Never Sleeps tour. You have not heard distortion until you experience Crazy Horse.

No Rant.
gofastsandman is offline  
Old 07-10-2015, 03:56 PM
  #17  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 2,373
Default

Originally Posted by gofastsandman View Post
Never fun being asked to leave the band. Felder is sadly, mostly forgotten to time. I know the dynamic. Last band was Severe Tire Damage. It is a real challenge for most. You live, eat, breath, sleep, bang, snort, smoke, drink, and laugh together. You also yell, argue and cry together.

Very few are grounded as Neil and his wife are. 17th B Day at W&M Uni. 7th row on the Rust Never Sleeps tour. You have not heard distortion until you experience Crazy Horse.

No Rant.
Damn straight, well said.
Chuckster is offline  
Old 07-11-2015, 12:03 AM
  #18  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: WPB, Fl.
Posts: 10,242
Default

Just home now. Like to thank the Fl dot for closing all but one lane north.

The sound was right. The band was tight. And my life have a new light.
odyc. shhh

I lament the days when a good sound man knew the term clipping.
Where do I begin?

I counted 11 big rigs on the way out. Lotta trucks.

The sound was stellar. Tons of head room. Clone the sound man. Repeatedly please.

Just what I had read. Yum!

Joe. They seemed to be having much more fun than the pundits would have me believe.
They were consummate pros. Funk 49. So Far. Drive it friend. Would love to see little Stevie pop
up.

So much fun.
Thanks to the band.

Tarzana!

Last edited by gofastsandman; 07-11-2015 at 12:07 AM. Reason: What?
gofastsandman is offline  
Old 07-11-2015, 04:05 AM
  #19  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: anderson, sc
Posts: 18,533
Default

Originally Posted by Fish'nFool View Post
I don't care what they are, they play great music.


I agree, Admiral and I have floor tickets for tomorrow night in Greenville SC
tprice is offline  
Old 07-11-2015, 05:11 AM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 8,460
Default

Originally Posted by gofastsandman View Post
Just home now. Like to thank the Fl dot for closing all but one lane north.

The sound was right. The band was tight. And my life have a new light.
odyc. shhh

I lament the days when a good sound man knew the term clipping.
Where do I begin?

I counted 11 big rigs on the way out. Lotta trucks.

The sound was stellar. Tons of head room. Clone the sound man. Repeatedly please.

Just what I had read. Yum!

Joe. They seemed to be having much more fun than the pundits would have me believe.
They were consummate pros. Funk 49. So Far. Drive it friend. Would love to see little Stevie pop
up.

So much fun.
Thanks to the band.

Tarzana!
From the looks of this post, I'd guess the hangover is going to be epic.
OReely is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread